It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for those who have kids in braces right now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Would you pay an extra $250.00 for a retainer that was tagged with a RFID transmitter that could possibly locate the retainers if they were lost? Grant this same RFID tag would also have the technology to sense pressure changes and heat changes that the orthodontist could then translate information from the tag to have an accurate idea just how much the retainer was being worn by the patient. This would help the doctors make a choice on how long to keep the patient in treatment. Now here's where it gets sticky? By adding this option to your treatment plan it's gonna cost you $250.00 and could possibly have the reatiners covered by insurance. But not having this option a replacement retainer could cost as much a $1000.00 upon design and it would cost this every time you or your child lost it. But again with the option it would cost $250.00 up front charge and could possibly be recovered if lost and could be covered by insurance? So I ask you guys that have had Orthodontic treatment or have children presently being treated would this be something you are interested in? I will have working technology in 48 months to apply this to retainers. For those of you interested I will keep you posted on changes and any info that I can release at that time. So tell me what you think?

www.myspace.com...

[edit on 7-3-2007 by tsloan]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I would suggest a permanent metal wire to be glued to your arches in order to sustain the shape. I use thermo-plastic retainers that are clear and only cost $86 a piece and are for the top and the bottom. It's great because you wear them at night and your teeth stay straight!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
I would suggest a permanent metal wire to be glued to your arches in order to sustain the shape. I use thermo-plastic retainers that are clear and only cost $86 a piece and are for the top and the bottom. It's great because you wear them at night and your teeth stay straight!

I use this design in my lab. We have two brands Trutain & Invisalign we aren't going to offer this option right now for these type retainers?

new topics

join