It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R.1022 - Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
mods i searched extensively for a direct link to a thread on ats about this but could not find one (i did this cause this is two weeks old)

bill introduced in february that is basically calling for a "gun grab"

the biggest difference is that HR 1022 requires only one attribute to be grouped as an "assault weapon"

L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enfocement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.

this is definitely an area where my knowledge is limited (gun definitions and laws) but i understand the importance of such right to arms by citizens so what are you thoughts, insights, opinions.

and how could this ever pass with the NRA

www.gunlawnews.org...

washingtonwatch.com...

[edit on 7-3-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Every gun I own falls into that category. The only one I could keep would be my shotgun. One of my rifles is based on the M1, the other rifle is an M1, my pistols are all gone. Maybe I could keep my first .22.

Let them come and take them. This is bull and its only going to get worse.
The wall comes up now and the line is getting drawn. This is such crap.

Ah Im so mad now.

Oh well, rage burns calories. I think Ill have a Pepsi.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
We've been talking about it here. www.abovepolitics.com...'

Glad your keeping an eye out for this stuff. We must be vigilant.

Roper

new topics

join