It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scooter Libby _NOT_ Guilty???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
According to FOX news he was found not guilty.

I found this over at boingboing:

www.boingboing.net...

Just a humorous defaced wikipedia entry and then this shot of fox news.

Funny how they sometimes report the exact opposite of what happens.

"BUSH WINS!"

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Yeah, FOX news.....we report, YOU DECIDE.
What a joke of a 'news channel'.

Nice find.

Edit to add-
My money says that scooter will be working for FOX in the future, much the same way they hired that treasonous traitor Ollie 'drug dealin' gun runnin' North.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by 11Bravo]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is how they plug "Barack Obama" lines in the same spot when showing images of Osama Bin Laden and stuff like that. Barely anyone reads that subtext and its a great way of doing in your face subliminals.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I wish Faux went bankrupt or something. They should be

off the air...or special broadcasting to enrolled comrades.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States.
full text on Project Censored

Whether you knew it or not, Fox is allowed to lie to us on Public airwaves. Is that the kind of "fair and balanced" news outlet you want to put your trust in?

Is this America?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Uhm ... he was found guilty on 4 out of 5 counts.

Count number 3 was for "making false statements to the FBI", for which he was found not guilty.

I'm certainly not a fan of Faux News, but I don't see how this would be considered false reporting. In this particular situation, they were actually quite correct. Odd, that

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Uhm ... he was found guilty on 4 out of 5 counts.

Count number 3 was for "making false statements to the FBI", for which he was found not guilty.

I'm certainly not a fan of Faux News, but I don't see how this would be considered false reporting. In this particular situation, they were actually quite correct. Odd, that

Well, actually, he was found guilty of lying to the FBI. There were two seperate charges involved, and being found guilty of just one qualifies as lying.

NY TIMES
The jury rejected Mr. Libby’s claims of memory lapses as it convicted him of four felony counts: obstruction of justice, giving false statements to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and committing perjury twice before the grand jury. The 11-member jury acquitted Mr. Libby on an additional count of making false statements to the F.B.I.

If I tell you about my day, and I lie just once, did I lie?

Edit: The news is allowed to lie anyway, so it doesn't really matter after all.

[edit on 3/7/2007 by Sunsetspawn]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
Well, actually, he was found guilty of lying to the FBI. There were two seperate charges involved, and being found guilty of just one qualifies as lying.

NY TIMES
The 11-member jury acquitted Mr. Libby on an additional count of making false statements to the F.B.I.

If I tell you about my day, and I lie just once, did I lie?

I agree with what you're saying, once is enough for me too. Though I still don't see where this demonstrates false reporting* on behalf of Faux Snooze. Poor timing or an all too convenient screenshot would seem more the case.

*NOT that they're above such, mind you.

If "2 outta 3 ain't bad" [old song] ... then 4 outta 5 seems pretty damn good. How's them apples? ... Scooter mah boy.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'm wondering, Smack, isn't that ruling only appropriate for Florida? I remember a case a while back that had 2 reporters that were fired, sue the TV station they worked for for refusing to report lies about a certain story while they had the facts on paper in front of them.

They did win in the state they were in.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gopher mines
According to FOX news he was found not guilty.

I found this over at boingboing:

www.boingboing.net...

Just because you found a site that claims it was shown does not mean it was shown. Someone also claimed the BBC or one UK Media reported one of the towers falling several minutes before it actually took place and it was determined the clip in question had been hacked to make it look that way.

There also could be another explaination perhaps an engineer put up the wrong banner, they do make them up in advance so it would be very easy to do.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Shots: care to show where its "proven" that the bbc footage was planted by hackers?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
While FOX didn't lie that he skimmed past the charge of lying to prosecutors... I still don't like the fact that they focused on what he wasn't found guilty of.

Quite frankly, what would a news agency want with reporting on what you AREN'T guilty of?
"This just in : Bush is NOT guilty of raping babies and eating family pets, here is a list of thousands of things he also has not been found guilty of."

oooookay... good to know.

FOX has a habit of proving that they are in fact no longer a news agency. They are a sensationalist outpost, there to get any ratings they can, with any means possible. Wether it's news or not... or even wether it's accurate or not.

If you don't like FOX, stop watching them, you're only adding to their ratings in the end. We need them gone, we don't need the networks thinking we actually watch that crap.

new topics

top topics

join