It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WoW is the Worst game ever!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Nip

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
P2P and horrible game play and crappy graphics!

point, click, wait, that's the whole game

why do people play such a horrible thing?

hook me up with sum knowledge plz!

JbT

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Its not for everyone. But 8 Million people seem to like it, not to metion, 3.5 Million just for the expansion.

www.joystiq.com...

Its all about playing with others. Guilds, Friends, ect. Most MMOs are rather stale single player. Also, with MMO's you need to LOVE the story, which makes you want to see the end game even more. You might recognize my Picture here, and yes, Iam a huge fan of the Warcraft Lore/Story.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by JbT]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's actually quite fun and entertaining, besides having to pay a horrid amount of money for it every month. :shk:

I've tried it and unless you have a bad graphics card, it seems to have a good cyberreality gameplay exerpeince to it...

/7A

[edit on 7-3-2007 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
its a n00b friendly mmo.

Nip

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I apologize,

my friend got on here during school today when i was logged on

he left a couple other posts too

I for one like WoW I'mma newbie still but I like it

Nipper Nordrassil Artisans of Azeroth clan night elf hunter

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
WoW is the best game ever how can u people say that muhahahahah lvl 60

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The only problem is. It SUCKS the money out of you.

/7A

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
8.5 million seriously addicted gamers..Those poor souls..
Thats why I play Guild Wars non-addicting and its free..........LOL

JbT

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You all must be high school students, or maybe post secondary...... Cause 15$ a month is cheap entertainment if you compair.

I admit, I have a good full time job, but even when I was in school I was working and could make enough to spend more than 15$ a month on console games.

Which is another point, console games are like 60$+ ea. Most console gamers will buy at least 1 game every couple months, which is still more than a WoW sub.

/shurg

I guess Im rich...

[edit on 8-3-2007 by JbT]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
15 bucks/month sucks money out of your wallet? Okay... You do know why they have the fee right? It covers things like frequent server updates(remember cursing at BNet?), semi-weekly patches, frequent hotfixes, bi-monthly content updates, and the Signature Blizz polish.

its a n00b friendly mmo.

You obviously never made it to the end game IC. Anyone who was part of the first batch of players to tackle Ony will say that the game ratchets up in difficulty once you hit the level cap.

Illiden is the endgame boss in TBC btw. I'm sure it will be months after the 2.1.0 content update before he's beaten. Either that or Death and Taxes will nuke the crap out of them and Blizz will then proceed to nerf every class and buff Illiden to make sure he is unbeatable, like what they just did to a bunch of Outland instances in the last patch. :shk:

Gawd, they really got to nerf Hunters some more. Nerf rogues too. Nerf Druids more as well. Hell Nerf every class except mages and pallies. They are the most underpowered classes in the game.
OMG, I can't believe I typed that with a straight face.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ugh.. My sister pays 50 bucks a month for this insidious thing. 15 bucks, BS.

/7A

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
50 bucks?

3 accounts?

Sardion, of course end game is hard, however the path there is fairly noob friendly compared to most games, I mean cmon, you got a big ! over the head of npcs that have quests, not like you really have to talk to npcs, you just look for the icons.

I mean you can hit 60 in 5-7 days if you quest correctly.

JbT

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Ugh.. My sister pays 50 bucks a month for this insidious thing. 15 bucks, BS.

/7A

Then your sister runs 3 accounts, or more. If she is not doing that, then she buys "gold" online via what they call "farmers" that sell in game items/money.

The mulitiple account thing is nothing against the terms of service, but the buying gold one is classed illegal by Blizz.

You should ask her for real. Is she buying gold? If she is, then talk to her about addiction problems. If she has 3 accounts, and doesnt leave the room all week, there could be a problem too.

For the average person, 15$ and one account is enough.

As far as the difficulty, getting to max level is buy comparison pretty easy to other games...

But where WoW excels is there end game raid content, giving those who choose to the option to spend all the time they have perfecting meathods and encounters, farming for items, and getting better gear.

The outlands has provided even more flexibility by adding heroic modes to most instances post 60, increasing the difficulty by an increadable amount.

Also, with dropping down to 25 man max raids in dungeons its allows Blizzard to turn out more content for the subscriber. The old 40 mans were taking to long to develop so they say, and by the looks of what they have done in the outlands so far, the are on the right track.

In fact, I truly belive WoW Outlands should get even more awards at whatever game show this year, its simply brilliant. The best expansion in any form of game Ive ever seen.

The there is PvP which is always there for you, and always getting better for the most part. With talk of always trying to improve this aspect of the game.

To conclude, this is why WoW has 8.5 Million people and growing. Its easy to get somewhere, but very difficult to master at end game.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I mean you can hit 60 in 5-7 days if you quest correctly.

In /played time, yeah you can. You cannot do it in 5 days straight with only one person. It's just not possible for a human to remain cognizant for that long. The record I believe in /played time is something like 4 days.

Nip

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
WoW isn;t a good game to play unless you have about 8+ hours or maybe even 6 hours to play it at a time

so the 1-2 hours a day just won;t cut it for this game

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nip
WoW isn;t a good game to play unless you have about 8+ hours or maybe even 6 hours to play it at a time

so the 1-2 hours a day just won;t cut it for this game

lol thats not true man.
i played for exactly one hour a day cause thats all i was allowed and i got to lvl 60 with my second tiar raid gear in 4 months(the exception was of course raid nights where i was allowed 3 hours to raid but i had to give up my gaming time at later intervals)
so im sorry to basicly slap you in the face with that info but i was a very efficient gamer and i had very little time

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
For leveling? 1 hour a day can get you to 70 fairly quickly if you use your time efficiently and never go into any dungeons. For raiding I like to put at least 5 hours aside just in case. 3 hours is a bit close for comfort especially if in Serpentshire as we're still learning that raid.

Nip

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
i log on for n hour eveyrday...i don;t move an inch i just chat wiht my guildies anymore :p.

Nip

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i just can;t even stand to play it anymore

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
For leveling? 1 hour a day can get you to 70 fairly quickly if you use your time efficiently and never go into any dungeons. For raiding I like to put at least 5 hours aside just in case. 3 hours is a bit close for comfort especially if in Serpentshire as we're still learning that raid.

ah a TBC person unfortunantly i havent gotten it yet as im grounded off wow, so im still a nubcake lvl 60 but hey in 3 hours my guild can take down AQ 40 (and i heard something about 25 man raids) i havent played wow in almost a year though for what i did.

[edit on pmpWed, 14 Mar 2007 23:03:39 -0500/02/91 by adamiskthespacepirateking]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join