It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-2 Spirit: I think I can Prove it came from Groom Lake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The B-2 bomber came from Northrup's old Hawthorne/Pico Rivera area
It was on Lakewood Blvd. Not far from my house

www.fas.org...

AIRCRAFT PROGRAMS
AIR FORCE
B-2 STEALTH BOMBER
Description: The B-2 is an intercontinental bomber that employs low observable technology to achieve
its mission. The bomber is an all-wing, two-place aircraft with twin weapon bays. Four General Electric
F-118-GE100 aircraft engines power the B-2. The F-118 engine is a derivative of the F-100 engine,
currently used in the F-16 fighter and is in the 19000 lb thrust class. Northrop-Grumman Corporation,
Pico Rivera, CA is the prime contractor for the B-2; the engines are manufactured by General Electric,
Evendale, OH. The FY 1999 budget request includes funding to continue development and for various
production support costs.
Mission: The primary mission of the B-2 is to enable any theater commander to hold at risk and, if
necessary, attack an enemy's war-making potential, especially those time critical targets which, if not
destroyed in the first hours or days of a conflict, would allow unacceptable damage to be inflicted on the
friendly side. The B-2 will also retain its potential as a nuclear bomber, reinforcing the deterrence of nuclear conflict.

here is the external source

www.dod.mil...
page 11

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sounds good to me Ghost, I believe YOU man !

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
SENIOR PEG never flew. It was Lockheed's design in the competition for the Advanced Technology Bomber (ATB). Northrop won the competition with their design that eventaully became the B-2.

Lockheed did build a model for RCS testing. There is a good photo of the pole model in "F-117 Nighthawk Stealth Fighter Photo Scrapbook" by Yancy Mailes and Tony landis (Specialty Press, 2006).

Thanks, I had not realized it had not flown. If you are who I think you are, I just saw you on tv.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Shadowhawk,

Mark Farmer, an Avation Journalist, Author, and College of Bill Sweetman sais he Personally saw a small, what he called "Baby B-2" flying From Groom Lake many times. This craft was based there and flew only in the night.

Since you have established that the B-2 wasn't tested at Groom Lake, would you be willing to venture a guess at to what Mr. Farmer might have seen?

I would be most intrested in what you can share with me!

Tim

[edit on 3/10/2007 by Ghost01]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Very cool thanks for posting the pic of the star patch its a lil bare but the idea rocks. Also any book with shadowhawk in should be flying off the selves hope I can get myself a copy lol

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ghost, I know Mark and Bill very well. I'm not sure what Mark saw. There have been a number of manned and unmanned black projects in the past few decades. Possibly, Mark saw one of these.

For information about the manned projects, check out this article:

www.dreamlandresort.com...

There have been a variety of unmanned projects from Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, and Aerovironment. Scaled Composites has also worked on some black projects, but I don't know if they were manned or unmanned, or both.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thank You Shadowhawk,

This link is very informative. I must say that despite my origional skepticisim of your statements, I now feel that you have proven me wrong. I really apreciate that you stuck with this long enough to prove the validity of your statement to me. Given the advantages of the B-2's all wing design in payload, range, and stealth, there are a lot of possibilities for what it could be.

*Perhaps it was yet another Top Secret Stealth demonstrator of some kind

* Could it be a spyplane of some kind?

Anyway, thaks again!

Tim

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join