It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't people believe in psionics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I mean the concept of psionics is not too complicated. All you need to do is to draw sources of energy and form that energy into a construct and then make the stuff inside the construct into a ball.

What is psi energy? Is it thoughts? Is it energy, is psi energy emotions? No one knows for sure but that's why people make Psi themselves. People like psi because they enjoy the supernatural and they like confusing other people.

I have tried psi and I have tried psi before but I used to think people were ripping me off however contemporarely now it is a completely different story.

The Psi ball is formed by you focusing your energy on one point. Think of the pokemon "focus energy" attack where they focus all of their energy onto one point. Now imagine all of that energy going into your hand and drawing that from an energy source.

Then you can program the psi to throw it or toss it and play catch with anyone and do whatever you want with it.

So why don't people believe in it? I can do it, if I can do it you can do it too!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
people don't believe in it because it doesn't stand up to rigorous scientific testing and there is little to no evidence supporting its existence

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Mind is matter. That's why.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Because people tend to be narrow minded.

That being said, there is little to no evidence of psi, ki, chi, etc. existing as anything other than a mental placeba.

I, however, find the concept fascinating and can see a logical basis for it. If there is a base energy or material for the entire universe, who's to say the human mind can't control it?

One day the world was flat, and the next it was round. Who knows what will be different tomorrow?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think the reason alot of people find Psionics hard to believe is because of the "Magick" principal to it. No, it has no religious value in it but the fact that it takes belief in an invisible force that cannot be proven by modern scientific method makes it hard for anyone.

I have no doubt that the mind is capable of many a great thing that we have yet to accomplish. I myself spent many years dabbling in the occult and "Psi" studies and have almost NO success. I have become a sort of skeptic to this kind of stuff and for good reason.

They don't believe it because they don't want to spend their lives chasing a power that only exists in comics and cool movies. Maybe one day we will prove it but until then I will become more and more skeptical of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by avingard
That being said, there is little to no evidence of psi, ki, chi, etc. existing as anything other than a mental placeba.

This is very true. This is also one of the reasons I don't endeavor to prove anything to anyone, as a general rule. I have made a few exceptions, but on the whole I just don't.

Do I whole heartedly believe in Psi? Yes.

Do I practice Psionics? Yes.

Have I gotten good results? Yes.

Do I complain when the person sitting across from me calls me an idiot for believing in it? Not at all.

I know that I'm not gonna be the person to finally prove it to the world. If I was, something tells me I'd react a little better under pressure. So I just practice quietly to myself and with my friends, letting the naysayers go on and say what they will.

Goodness knows, they have all the reason in the world to do exactly that.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Maverickhunter

How is a "psi-ball" psionics, and not just, um.... playing pretend?

Right now, as I'm typing this, I'm imagine a glowing energy ball floating around my head. But it's jsut my imagination,

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I mean the concept of psionics is not too complicated. All you need to do is to draw sources of energy and form that energy into a construct and then make the stuff inside the construct into a ball.

Unfortunately, real life does not work the same way it does in anime. We can't roll our energy up in balls and throw them at our challengers like in Dragonball Z. Energy of the same charge has a tendency to repel itself and disperse, making containment extremely difficult.

For example, it's hard enough to form a little ball of heat (infrared energy) in your hands for any length of time, much less keep it together long enough to throw it at somebody. Or static electricity that makes you get a shock when you get out of your car. A quick snap, and it's gone.

And holding together something as subtle as "ectoplasm," well...

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I don't know if I believe or not...I am a Christian. It has to either be a gift of God or a deception by Satan...or just very imaginative or schizo types...

I can make a "psi ball" if they are real, and I can sometimes move stuff...I donno if it's body heat or not...I'm working on it from a scientific/skeptic attitude, and am being careful...

That said, psipog and psionguild are good places to research.

top topics

join