It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Police Terror Posters Encourage Stasi UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
So what, IRA was runned by MI6 for a long time. A lot of them were funded, trained by the MI6 too. The UK government need them to increase the police state.

The government is so corrupt, they are behind a lot of crap. Even the feminist movement that was funded by CIA and created by the Rockefeller foundation. Why? To get woman to work so you can tax them too, destroy families and put children in government training camps (school) at a young age to make them think that the government is their families.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So what, IRA was runned by MI6 for a long time. A lot of them were funded, trained by the MI6 too. The UK government need them to increase the police state.

The government is so corrupt, they are behind a lot of crap. Even the feminist movement that was funded by CIA and created by the Rockefeller foundation. Why? To get woman to work so you can tax them too, destroy families and put children in government training camps (school) at a young age to make them think that the government is their families.

Oh please...

I am open minded, but not bloody stupid. Any proff of this. I also notice that most of the main poster's on this thread accusing the UK of being a police state don't even live here (Souljah and Vitchilo I KNOW don't live here)

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I am open minded, but not bloody stupid. Any proff of this. I also notice that most of the main poster's on this thread accusing the UK of being a police state don't even live here (Souljah and Vitchilo I KNOW don't live here)

So what we don't live there. Do you live in the US? No, but you know what's happenning there. Sorry your argument doesn't stand.

For London bombings, made by MI6, watch Terrorstorm, it's on the second half on google video. For IRA, look it up, you can do it yourself. And if you're so open-minded, do you think that 9/11 was an inside job? If not, you're NOT open-minded nor logic, or you didn't look at the evidence.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
So what we don't live there. Do you live in the US? No, but you know what's happenning there. Sorry your argument doesn't stand.

For London bombings, made by MI6, watch Terrorstorm, it's on the second half on google video. For IRA, look it up, you can do it yourself. And if you're so open-minded, do you think that 9/11 was an inside job? If not, you're NOT open-minded nor logic, or you didn't look at the evidence.

Dude, make the claims and you better be able to back it up. I can search, but I want YOU to provide ME with this "evidence" that MI6 bombed Britain and British soldiers for 30 years, costing us billions in defence and causing much grief. I see no benefit to the UK for bombing ourselves, so please elaborate.

I am open minded. I believe 911 was an inside job. having said that, i don't live in the USA, so I have never posted anything to the effect of "The US is a police fascist commie state bent on destroying "corporate-neo-facist-communism" or something similar. If you want me to be open minded, furnish the "proof" and I shall always give it a read. Open minded does not mean gullible, and by that I mean I don't believe everything I read of some dodgy website.

[edit on 8/3/07 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Here is the other new poster from the Met Police site (see first post in this thread):

[Larger originals available:
cms.met.police.uk...
cms.met.police.uk...]

Now (and responding to the wording on the first poster):

• I have a digital camera, which I use for taking photos of places which may have security arrangements (most public buildings).
  • I have a computer!
    Could ATS be described as a terrorist-related website?
    If so, I visit a terrorist-related website.
  • I do not have a van.
  • I'm just changing over from a monthly contract phone to a pay-as-you-go phone - that must be suspicious.
  • I travel and have meetings in places that I am sometimes vague about as I do not want everyone to know my business.
    (Tony Blair has secret meetings - he must be a terrorist!
    Oh wait, the Met.Police are onto him already.)
  • I have padlocks at home
  • I have a passport
  • I have multiple credit cards
  • I have corrosive chemicals at home (for D.I.Y. - "Do it yourself" home repairs)
  • I also have goggles and a dust mask (for the same reason)

I score 10 / 11 - I MUST be a terrorist.
I didn't previously know I am.
Should I now give myself up now?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Apparently common sense has taken a sebatical and no one know's when it will be returning to ATS.....

Anyone with a brain can see the poster's do not say Chemicals + Laptop = Terrorist. What they are saying is, these are things too look out for IF you suspect someone is up too know good. It is no different to anything else.

For gawds sake, if you see a bunch of Jamaicans renting out a house, paying 6 months up front in cash and carrying out extensive work to the electricals, whilst simultaneously bringing in sheets of foil, bulbs and plant pots, what would you think?

Exactly.

It happens (I know from a friends experience), so they say "If you suspect, these are what too look out for".

(If you don't know what I'm on about, your dimmer than I thought and these poster's shouldn't really be your conversation of choice)

EDIT: You'll only complain if they fail to stop an attack and you'll shoot down their own claims of lack of intelligence.

The Police are NOT going to kick down the door of anyone that they get a complaint about. They'll assess it for validity and act appropirately. Jesus, it's their job.....

[edit on 8/3/07 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Does anybody not remember the IRA?
Everytime we see an unattended package, we should report it. What, so no one is going to report a bag sitting idly at a train station because it's "Big Brother" trying to get one over on us? How about, it might be a bomb. If it's not, then no worries. If it is, and you don't report it, then people will die!

Bloody hell people, this is nothing new. All it is saying is if you see anything suspicious, let the police know. It's no different than ratting on a drug dealer.

Yes, I do remember IRA bombs - I've heard them; I've seen the effects of them; I've been evacuated from work because of the suspicions of them; ...
I would STILL report an unattended bag if I saw one.

I think I know where you're coming from, and, insofar as it is saying "if you see anything suspicious, let the police know", I don't have a problem with it.

Having said that, I do feel that these posters are perhaps going too far. They are highlighting everyday objects as potentially suspicious:
- Yes, obviously they can be used for terrorism.
- Yes, the words on the posters do say more, but how many people will read the words properly?
99.99+% of uses of these objects will be perfectly legitimate, whereas unattended bags are not THAT commonplace.

These posters are potentially helping to create a climate of fear:

• everytime I see a foreigner (or even not a foreigner) taking a photo, I should be suspicious?
  • everytime I see someone in a van with a camera and a phone, I should be suspicious?
  • everytime I see a workman wearing mask & goggles, I should be suspicious?
  • and so on ...

Either we end up reporting everyone all of the time because most of this is everyday activity - and then we all end up being thought suspicious and start losing our freedoms even more,
or we all decide this is ridiculous and become immune to such events and don't bother reporting our neighbours for taking photos, and then overlook the very few suspicious things that we may see.

I don't know how we strike the right balance.

Personally, I do feel that the government and police seem to be trying hard to generate a climate of fear - not helped by the fact that there has been so much spin in recent years that it's impossible to distinguish spin from valid warnings.

I also feel that London was probably less safe from 'terrorist' attack during the IRA campaigns in the 1970s than it is now.
I've no idea what the figure would show, but how many people have been killed/injured in London by 'terrorist' attacks during the past 10 years, compared with during the 1970s? I may be completely wrong, but my gut feeling is that the 70s would be higher.

[My previous edit seemed to disappear]
... yet then we didn't have all this continual warning of high alerts, multiple threats under investigation, and general climate of fear that seems to be being generated now.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Fjtruth]

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Fjtruth]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

(If you don't know what I'm on about, your dimmer than I thought and these poster's shouldn't really be your conversation of choice)

... and if you can't see sarcasm in my previous post ...

EDIT: You'll only complain if they fail to stop an attack and you'll shoot down their own claims of lack of intelligence.

Actually, I hope I wouldn't, without indications of incompetence or negligence.

stumason,
I hope you can see from my later post that I'm not unsympathetic to your view, but I do think that these posters may be going too far in demonising everyday activity.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's not the poster's creating fear, or even the Government (everyone attribute's them with such skill and cunning, when the reality of it is they are bumbling idiots). It's us that create the fear.

We're the one's who think these things and we're the one's over-reacting. Some common sense need's to be applied and these poster's need not bother you.

After all, let's have two scenarios:

A) Your West Indian neighbour, sporting big dreadlocks, a regular church goer, get's into a large transit after loading barrels of "chemicals". He get's on his mobile and call's someone, then starts up his laptop checking mails or something. He then drives off. He looks distracted and a little upset. Do you call the police?

B) Your Middle Eastern neighbour, sporting a huge beard, a regular down the local Mosque, get's into a large transit after loading barrels of "chemicals". He get's on his mobile and call's someone, then starts up his laptop checking mails or something. He looks distracted and a little upset. Do you call the police?

Now, on the face of it, neither is that different.

However, when was the last time you had a dreadlocked, West Indian, christian, suicide bomber?

Unfortunately, there has to be an elememt of racial stereotyping. It's like trying to stop the IRA. Your not going to stop them by arresting English Protestants, are you? It's a sad fact that 99.9% of suicide bomber's are in fact Muslim. If you don't trust your neighbour or believe he is up to no good, then call the hotline. The police will check him and his background out and if it's worth it, go and have a word. The worst that could happen is you save lives.

I know the above sound's harsh, but if you have a dog poo problem, then only a dog could have done it. It isn't unfair to target only dog's and not cat's, when cat's could not do dog poo's. It is only fair to ask those who know where dog's go to look out and see if they poo....

(Above is probably the worst analogy I have ever made up, so sorry....)

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can agree a certain awareness from the citizens are asked for. But the all too obvious risk is some people will use it in their own personal vendetta. Like it happened in Forest Gate June 2006.

I presume Stumason, being British and fairly well informed (as I get it from his posts), are familiar with the case of the Abdulkahar brothers, who stayed with their old parents in the house that was raided, in a manner --as I get it from press reports-- that had the character of a mob assault.

That case sprung to my mind as read Stumason's defense for the present policies of citizen informants.

I won't give it in detail here, couldn't even remember the name of the molested, but found it by fairly easy searching the keywords "stairs" "shot" "house" "muslim". Anybody who want details about the case can use the BBC search I applied BBC search.

In short it's about how they wakes up in the middle of the night by someone breaking through their front door. One of the brothers was shot in the shoulder as he approach the intruders on the stairs and dragged down them, wounded into the street and cuffed. First then did the police reveal themselves as such.

Their old parents were humiliated and brought in in their night gown. Their house was literally taken apart during the following week as the police search for "chemical devices".

An anonymous tip had had spurred this mayhem and havoc on them. The brothers themselves suspect jealousy in the community to have caused it.

If British police have to do their work relying on anonymous tip offs, they have to learn, first of all to evaluate the tips they receive and to present themselves more clearly when they do it.

BTW The police(woman) who shot dead the innocent Brazilian --again without identifying herself first-- has just received her reward, appointed as head of the queens security force. Amazing! Hope she at least can keep intruders out of her majesty's bedroom.

The good old English Bobby, as I learned about him in school, not even wearing a gun, is dead and gone. Seems to me gangsters and hooligans have replaced him.

Sorry Stu, I know it's not so. I just didn't like to use any historic comparisons.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Does anybody not remember the IRA? Seriously short memories here, or is everyone too young? Everytime we got in our car in Germany, we had to check for car bombs. Everytime we see an unattended package, we should report it. What, so no one is going to report a bag sitting idly at a train station because it's "Big Brother" trying to get one over on us? How about, it might be a bomb. If it's not, then no worries. If it is, and you don't report it, then people will die!

Bloody hell people, this is nothing new. All it is saying is if you see anything suspicious, let the police know. It's no different than ratting on a drug dealer.

This is not about a stranded backpack.

This about pointing fingers at people, who are most probably completly innocent, since everybody has a mobile phone, a digital camera and maybe drives a van, which does not make him a terrorist. If you feel comfortable living in a country, which has most cameras installed on streets, alongside with speakers - a country which publicly executes innocent people, just on a basis of their dress code and walking speed. Well if you feel safe, then I rest my case with you. After all it is your country. But how I see it is my problem and my opinion - and the steps that your government is making are in the wrong direction and will sooner or later prove to be what I said earlier;

A Police State.

And I Also think you should read your signature again...

And Again...

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you."

[edit on 8/3/07 by Souljah]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
One thing, check my signature.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by DrLeary
This crazy american fearmongering is spreading to the rest of the world, and I for one don't like it one bit!

WTF? This is about the UK, why does it always have to be an Americans fault? Jeez. We don't have any posters like that here, and if we did I would find humor in it, their fearmongering doesn't work on me, and there's MANY others who feel the same way...

We all know that Bush & Blair are buddies, and the UK cooperate very closely with the US on intelligence, war and all sorts of stuff. I´m not blaming the US for this, just saying they inspired it. As others have pointed out the UK has a long history of this stuff.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Great posts mister!

You have voted Fjtruth for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Thanks for Your input here.

And another good one!

Originally posted by Mdv2

We could make anyone believe whatever we told them, because we made them afraid. Hermann Göring

[edit on 8/3/07 by Souljah]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Khunmoon, I read you post and you made some good points. I shall be back later to address them, but a bit snowed under at present.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

I'll go you one better in this regard:

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think" Adolf Hitler

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

However, when was the last time you had a dreadlocked, West Indian, christian, suicide bomber?
It's a sad fact that 99.9% of suicide bomber's are in fact Muslim.

Actually, I'm not convinced that we've had Muslim - or any other - suicide bombers in the UK.

(In other words, I'm not convinced that the alleged perpetrators of the 7/7 London Bombings were intentionally suicide bombers. There are a number of things to suggest they may have been duped. (I'm not going into that more here as it is off-topic for this thread.))

(And the alleged perpetrators of the 21/7 attempted bombings clearly weren't suicide bombers as they are still alive!)

And I did say:

Originally posted by Fjtruth
... insofar as it is saying "if you see anything suspicious, let the police know", I don't have a problem with it.
I don't know how we strike the right balance.

I think it's fairly clear from my earlier posts that I'm not opposing reporting anything truly suspicious, but I do feel that these posters are potentially demonising people going about their everyday activities. And we mustn't forget that the vast majority of mid-Eastern people will also have perfectly legitimate reasons for using many of the featured items.

Also, I have to repeat again, I question whether we are really in any more danger from terrorist attack now than we were in the 1970s. And, if not, why so much more talk about it from the government and security services?

We didn't need such posters in the 1970s: why to we need them now?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Did you know the reason you can only buy 2 prepaid cellphones at a time? Terrorist have recently started using these as detonators and many of the prepaid cellphones do not have the E911 chip in them.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The poor chap assassinated by the police on the tube wasn't apparently Muslim or mid-Eastern - I don't know or care what religion he was.

And he was assassinated:
- for NOT wearing a suspicious bulky jacket; and
- for NOT jumping the ticket barrier; and
- for HAVING a ticket; and
- for NOT running away from the police; and
- for generally behaving NORMALLY.
... And, of course, the CCTV cameras 'weren't working' at Stockwell.

When the police have a 'shoot first, ask questions later' ("Oops, can't question him now; he's dead.") policy, and then start asking people to report us for innocent activity, then we DO need to ask where this is taking us.

It's not the poster's creating fear, ... It's us that create the fear.

We're the one's who think these things and we're the one's over-reacting.
... these poster's need not bother you.

True - in one sense: if you're the one doing the reporting.
But what if you're the one who has been reported by someone else for what was perfectly innocent activity? Or even for reading conspiracy websites?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Great posts mister!

You have voted Fjtruth for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Thanks for Your input here.

Cheers. Much appreciated.
(Sorry, that was a one-liner.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join