It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Police Terror Posters Encourage Stasi UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

InfoWars

The newest London Metropolitan Police publicity campaign posters have been released today and, as usual, encourage the public to be scared of anyone who uses a phone, carries a bag, drives a van or takes pictures with a camera because they may be terrorists.

The Met website datapage states:

"Trust your instincts: it could disrupt terrorist planning and save lives. That's the call to Londoners today as the Met launches its new counter-terrorism ad campaign. That's the call to Londoners today as the Met launches its new counter-terrorism ad campaign.

Terrorists live within our communities, making their plans whilst doing everything they can to blend in, and trying not to raise suspicions about their activities. I would ask people to think about unusual behaviour they have witnessed, or things they have seen which seem to have no logical or obvious explanation."

WoW!

Just when I thought I could not be surprised I read this!

I mean - HELLO?!?

Suddenly everybody is a terrorists with a phone? A camera? A van? A backpack? Well I have all of those things (except a van) - what does that make me? This fear mongering is getting out of hand people! Be Afraid! Terrorists are EVERYWHERE!

It's that guy with a cell phone!

No - it's that guy with a camera!

Hey - it's that woman, running with a backpack!

And look! A VAN!

RUN!

A VAN IS COMING!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This is very disturbing... I'm starting to think that in a few years the UK will be more or less what you see in the movie V for Vendetta... This crazy american fearmongering is spreading to the rest of the world, and I for one don't like it one bit!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrLeary
This is very disturbing... I'm starting to think that in a few years the UK will be more or less what you see in the movie V for Vendetta... This crazy american fearmongering is spreading to the rest of the world, and I for one don't like it one bit!

It is very scary, to see that UK will soon become something you see in the movies. Yet nobody does anything about that. What scares me more, is to see our world become like in the Children Of Men - now there is an ever scarier future for all of us.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrLeary
This crazy american fearmongering is spreading to the rest of the world, and I for one don't like it one bit!

WTF? This is about the UK, why does it always have to be an Americans fault? Jeez. We don't have any posters like that here, and if we did I would find humor in it, their fearmongering doesn't work on me, and there's MANY others who feel the same way...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This new terror offensive is very similar to WW2's campaign against German spies.

The ones that told you to not talk about things of importance in public etc.

They are designed to make the public fear that the enemy could be anywhere and everywhere.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Remember George Orwell 1984? The part in the book about the posters? I think the police state is advancing faster in the UK than in the USA. I am guessing they know that the UK is KEY to keeping Europe quiet while they advance things, its their hub in that region. However the USA presents a problem and will take a bit longer, so I believe they are tackling the easiest one first: the smallest of the two. However their way of firmenting things here could be the NAU just to cause a ruckus amoungst ourselves and get us to kill each other, thus making it easier to take control. The posters are part of it, keep the easily subjugated, subjugated with the fear posters then work on the rest. Makes life easier yes? Good old Julius Caesar said it himself: Divide and conquer.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
And look! A VAN!

RUN!

A VAN IS COMING!

ROFL

Oustanding, Field Marshal

Seriously though, I agree, this is getting stupid. A recent day on the train network for a long journey exposed me to yet more of the Reid fuelled propaganda (Reid is a fascist, I don't give a toss what anyone says): I am standing on the platform, as you do, and this announcement comes on with that god-awful catch phrase "if you suspect it report it!"

After the fifth time of hearing it I was tempted to shout STFU at the station manager's office. I personally am tired of being told everyone is out to get us.

The problem with UK Fascism was highlighted in a recent television advert for Peugeot: the car is driving around, and it's shown in various views. The line at the end is: "You are caught on camera over 300 times a day. Give them something to look at."

I couldn't resist a wry smile after seeing this.

And regarding V For Vendetta: I am a great fan of that movie, and I urge ALL Brits, ALL Europeans, and ALL Americans to watch it carefully, and see the parallels between what they say, and what is happening to us right NOW.

We are seriously running out of time here people. You want your kids growing up in police states?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
...and now we'll kindly direct you to what to fear.....

*BRAVE New World* ...our Utopia of Fears.

Great find Souljah

I always thought the Scandinavian countries were the most controlled --now I have serious doubt.

Last year tho, I decided never more to fly BA, to have to go Heathrow again. NEVER!
What an uptight, paranoid place!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
that poster is unbelievable. the van thing is funny, poor soccer moms. anyway this whole police state is getting serious. if the democratic processes of the countries in question fail, as they are now, what can be done? do you think that eventually, their will be an uprising from those of us who will not conform? do you think that will be the only way out? is that what will need to be done?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Did anyone bother to read the captions? Every one of those are very reasonable suggestions. Completely paranoid to be sure, but the posters don't say what the people in this thread say they are saying.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If things keep heating up when it comes to martial law, police states and fascism there WILL be a confrontation either outright or underhanded. One of four will happen:
#1: History repeats itself, more Vietnams to happen for eternity only place, time, and what type of combat and who is "evil" will change, same old story though
#2: Democracy wins... heh...
#3: NWO happens (police state, fascism, martial law, etc) and NOTHING happens to stop it. We loose without even fighting.
#4: All hell breaks loose, outright warfare becomes the norm in the newly founded police states as people who object slam the ones who want the NWO. Good news though: we stand a darn good chance of winning due to numbers in this scenario. None the less, blood everywhere, bodies pile up, and only one of two sides will live to talk about it: NWO or the rebels. No room for error or ANY chance of the other living should the other live. Vengance knows no bounds at this point.

I say if they lurch the police state further by 2008 elections, 3 or 4 will happen. If no police state happens, we face 1 or 2.

I saw a TV special and I do not remember the name, it was REALLY pro-government though, it went like this:
*skycraper in background, people going to work, comming and leaving*
*zooms out*
*shows bombs it suitcases and attached to the beams*
*zooms out*
*camera goes down the street*
*shows two guys who are middle eastern in a van, scruffy looking and "wild eyed"*
*they nod to each other*
*one pushes a button*
*whole building explodes*
*they smile at each other*
*zooms out on the van*
Then it ran some advertisement for some new TV series about how the world was comming to an end... I guess in the UK they throw up posters, in the USA they put it all on TV in the name of "mini-series" and "reality TV shows" instead.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
you people need to chill out and use a little common sense... just because you have these things, it doesnt make you a terrorist. These are just common items terrorists use. However, if you notice unusual activity like someone scoping out an area for an extended period of time and other such odd things, report it. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
However, if you notice unusual activity like someone scoping out an area for an extended period of time and other such odd things, report it. Better safe than sorry.

Will do! That will give those Japanese tourists...I mean "terrorists" something to thinking about when taking pictures during their visit in US for vacation. Anyone else who visits a landmark and has a camera will automatically be reported if I see them staying there for too long, because they might be taking pictures to send to their terrorist friends.

These tactics are the same ones taught in the US to "spot" terrorist suspects. There were articles of people being questioned or arrested by the police, because they were taking pictures of buildings, or because they looked Middle Eastern. All of these are profiling tactics that never work and end up leading to another "Salem Witch hunt" scenario.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

you people need to chill out and use a little common sense... just because you have these things, it doesnt make you a terrorist. These are just common items terrorists use. However, if you notice unusual activity like someone scoping out an area for an extended period of time and other such odd things, report it. Better safe than sorry.

those aren't common items "terrorists" use, those are common things everyone uses. why do they have a need to display such common items, and associate them with "terrorists"? why do they want to keep everyone on a constant state of paranoia? it is unhealthy for society because everyone is going to be walking around, and when they see someone on their cell phone waiting outside an office building for a while by his van, waiting for his coworker, some paranoid human is gonna think, gee this guy is "scoping out the area for an extended period of time and other such things", i better report him, you know better be safe than sorry. the problem with this is that people don't use common sense.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
Remember George Orwell 1984? The part in the book about the posters? I think the police state is advancing faster in the UK than in the USA. I am guessing they know that the UK is KEY to keeping Europe quiet while they advance things, its their hub in that region. However the USA presents a problem and will take a bit longer, so I believe they are tackling the easiest one first: the smallest of the two. However their way of firmenting things here could be the NAU just to cause a ruckus amoungst ourselves and get us to kill each other, thus making it easier to take control. The posters are part of it, keep the easily subjugated, subjugated with the fear posters then work on the rest. Makes life easier yes? Good old Julius Caesar said it himself: Divide and conquer.

Just what I was thinking.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Instead processing millions of bogus reports sitting on their bums waiting for the common people to do their jobs for them, how bout using actual investigative techniques on a much larger scale. I would feel safer knowing I couldn't get dragged off to goodness knows where just coz the old bitty at the end of my street sees me photographing my house with a power station behind it.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Suddenly everybody is a terrorist with a phone? A camera? A van? A backpack? Well I have all of those things (except a van) - what does that make me? This fear mongering is getting out of hand people! Be Afraid! Terrorists are EVERYWHERE!

Allright, I know this may sound alarmist, believe me I’ve got a grin on my face as I type BUT.. I had a job for quite a while, mostly in London, every day I had me van and me phone of course, camera built into me phone, occasionally a digi camera and laptop, lots of other kit (big cases etc) yellow flash jackets, we worked in teams, had ID, lots of tools and best of all - almost unquestioned access to almost anywhere! In my case I worked for the water board.

You lot do drink water, don't you? But seriously, don't worry bout it. It prob won't happen anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   

These are just common items terrorists use.

Excuse me?

Do you have a mobile phone?

I think you do.

Do you have a digital camera?

Maybe you do too.

Which makes you a suspect according to this poster.

These are common things that EVERYBODY uses EVERYDAY! They are not associated with terrorism! This is nothing more, but fear mongering and paranoia spreading, in order for people to start looking at each other with evil eyes and to start reporting all sorts of crap - like that guy next door was on the phone for 45 minutes! Now that must mean something! I mean 45 minutes is a long time! Or look at that guy - he has been walking around the city taking photos for almost 5 hours! I mean he has got to be a terrorist! It's just about pointing fingers, and so that people would close themselves in their little prisons, called homes, and be suspecious of everyone, everywhere and report every single stupid thing.

And to me that is yet another step to Fascist Police State UK.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue
Seriously though, I agree, this is getting stupid. A recent day on the train network for a long journey exposed me to yet more of the Reid fuelled propaganda (Reid is a fascist, I don't give a toss what anyone says): I am standing on the platform, as you do, and this announcement comes on with that god-awful catch phrase "if you suspect it report it!"

After the fifth time of hearing it I was tempted to shout STFU at the station manager's office. I personally am tired of being told everyone is out to get us.

Gezus!

It is worse then I expected!

I was not aware, that you have announcements on train platforms.

Now this is straight from 1984.

Police State UK?

From The Guardian:

Britain 'sliding into police state'

George Churchill-Coleman, who headed Scotland Yard's anti-terrorist squad as they worked to counter the IRA during their mainland attacks in the late 1980s and early 1990s, said Mr Clarke's proposals to extend powers, such as indefinite house arrest, were "not practical" and threatened to further marginalise minority communities.

Mr Churchill-Coleman told the Guardian: "I have a horrible feeling that we are sinking into a police state, and that's not good for anybody. We live in a democracy and we should police on those standards.

He added: "I have serious worries and concerns about these ideas on both ethical and practical terms. You cannot lock people up just because someone says they are terrorists. Internment didn't work in Northern Ireland, it won't work now. You need evidence."

Now is it "Sliding" or "Racing" into Police State?

I mean posters like this are something mister Churchill-Coleman thinks it is a n extremly BAD IDEA (and so do many people I think!). For instance; if one neighbour does not like other neighbour (and we all know that happens often), he can just call up the number (1-800-TERRORIST) and say that that guy acted suspecious and that he looks kind of like a terrorist and he shall get taken away. No evidence. No nothing. And he could be locked up for a long time for something he did not do. Which is an old Nazi rule: you are GUILTY until proven INNOCENT (which is also practiced in Guantanamo).

Scary is the word.

The problem with UK Fascism was highlighted in a recent television advert for Peugeot: the car is driving around, and it's shown in various views. The line at the end is: "You are caught on camera over 300 times a day. Give them something to look at."

Now THAT is even Scarier!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Souljah, seriously, please...

We've had announcements on the trains for years..

Does anybody not remember the IRA? Seriously short memories here, or is everyone too young? Everytime we got in our car in Germany, we had to check for car bombs. Everytime we see an unattended package, we should report it. What, so no one is going to report a bag sitting idly at a train station because it's "Big Brother" trying to get one over on us? How about, it might be a bomb. If it's not, then no worries. If it is, and you don't report it, then people will die!

Bloody hell people, this is nothing new. All it is saying is if you see anything suspicious, let the police know. It's no different than ratting on a drug dealer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join