It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Moon bases...I just dont see them?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hi all I have been looking at the 'artificial structures on the moon' page on thelivingmoon.com. These pictures remind me of a website I used to visit years ago called marsearthconnection.com. They had a similar way of highlighting artificial structures on mars.

The point I am trying to make is that I just dont see any anolamies. Is there anyone in the same boat as me or am I just bwing thick??




posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I don't see them either. That website is one of the thousands sensation websites the internet is polluted with...


Staafke



posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
The point I am trying to make is that I just dont see any anolamies. Is there anyone in the same boat as me or am I just bwing thick??

Neither do I. And even if you did "see" anomalies, this wouldn't mean that there actually is something out of the ordinary.

The human brain is extremely good in seeing patterns in apparently random visual data. Unfortunately, this also means that we see patterns in data which is really random. That's why we see things like shapes in clouds, the infamous "Face on Mars" etc.. The effect is even more pronounced if you want to find patterns. Therefore a "moon base conspiracy" fan will easily find lots of "anomalies" in any set of moon photos. Add to this the effects that arise when digital photos are over-magnified and/or manipulated, and have a go
!

Regards
yf



posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by yfxxx

The human brain is extremely good in seeing patterns in apparently random visual data. Unfortunately, this also means that we see patterns in data which is really random. That's why we see things like shapes in clouds, the infamous "Face on Mars" etc.. The effect is even more pronounced if you want to find patterns. Therefore a "moon base conspiracy" fan will easily find lots of "anomalies" in any set of moon photos. Add to this the effects that arise when digital photos are over-magnified and/or manipulated, and have a go
!

Regards
yf


Hey I actually believe there is something dodgy going on with the 'Face' on Mars, what had me convinced is how different the first photos look from the ones presented more recently. The recent photos apperently show signs of errosion and the 'Face' looks very different from the earlier photos. What gets me is that how can Rock erode so rapidly??

I also thought it was brilliant how they incorperated the 'face' into a hollywood film where astronauts went to the face and made contact with aliens cant remember the name of the film tho?



posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg
Hey I actually believe there is something dodgy going on with the 'Face' on Mars, what had me convinced is how different the first photos look from the ones presented more recently. The recent photos apperently show signs of errosion and the 'Face' looks very different from the earlier photos. What gets me is that how can Rock erode so rapidly??

*sigh* ... The older photos were simply of much lower resolution, showing no fine surface details at all. And of course the lighting was "just right"
. A few light and dark features at the right places - and BINGO, you see a face (see "pareidolia"!). That's all. Nothing "dodgy".

Of yourse, if you want to believe in aliens indulging in large-scale sculpting, it's fairly easy to "explain away" the simple reality.

Regards
yf



posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Do alot of acid and they will appear(kidding).

I dont see them either and never have. You see what you want to see and beleive what you want to beleive. Also the supposed NASA smudges are very interesting. But the smudges could just be lost data when the bits of the image are traveling from the spaceship to earth. Now excuse me while I go eat an Abraham Lincoln cheeto and some Virgin Mary toast :0



posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by g60kg

I also thought it was brilliant how they incorperated the 'face' into a hollywood film where astronauts went to the face and made contact with aliens cant remember the name of the film tho?


the movie is called "mission to mars" i believe, a good movie!



posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staafke
I don't see them either.


Save your time! This site is a scam. John is useing this site to Prove his Obsurd claims about the moon. There's only one problem, guess who's the "Expert" providing the information for this site:



Reconize him? It's John Lear, who claims to have experitse in lots of things. the Problem is, I have found that his facts just don't hold up when put to the test.

Apperently, he isn't aware that he can't use himself as a refrence for proving his own credibility!


This scam is so cheep, it can't even pass the "Laugh Test".

Tim



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join