It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Russian reporter was investigating arms sales to Iran, Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

I'm not talking about nonviolent student protests, but about terrorist groups who are in fact setting off bombs and killing civilians - read.

Killing civilians? If that article which you linked is correct, this is what in fact the article says.

bombing and assassination campaigns against soldiers and government officials.

So, is this is true then the U.S. is using similar tactics against the regime of iran just like the regime of Iran is using against the United States...

Taiwan is a case where the losing side in a civil war took over an island and for decades claimed to be the legitimate government of all of China.

....the Taiwanese people, nor their government are asking to "have control of China....they are asking to have control over their own country and lives...

Nor is independence a universally desired option in Taiwan, it's proven to be the most contentious issues in Taiwanese politics.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder how many Taiwanese are ot voting or don't want independence because they are being threatened with "an all out war if they declare independence".....

Anyways...are we going to discuss the thread that the Russian reporter was assassinated because he was investigating arms deals between the Russian government, Iran and Syria, or do some people plan to keep on derailing the thread?

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Muaddib]

[edit on 7-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Souljah, Why is it that damn near every thread you participate in whether its related to the U.S. or not ends up being a rant towards us...c'mon

You should just start a thread with your real feelings, and quit trying to disguise them as something else...it's obvious you dont give a damn about some Russian journalist...or Putin and the Oligarchs...or where Russia is headed politically.

just be honest bro..you hate us...fine, most of the world does.

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 7-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Taiwan is a case where the losing side in a civil war took over an island and for decades claimed to be the legitimate government of all of China.

....the Taiwanese people, nor their government are asking to "have control of China....they are asking to have control over their own country and lives...

The Republic of China (Taiwan) claims an area of all of China, and parts of Mongolia, Myanmar, and parts of some former Soviet states. Taiwan is what is left of the losing side of a civil war.

Currently, only 24 states have diplomatic relations with Taiwan, and the U.S. is not one of those states.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by slink

The Republic of China (Taiwan) claims an area of all of China, and parts of Mongolia, Myanmar, and parts of some former Soviet states. Taiwan is what is left of the losing side of a civil war.

Currently, only 24 states have diplomatic relations with Taiwan, and the U.S. is not one of those states.

You certainly mean they claimed...

anyways, even though "officially" there are no political relations with Taiwan, since the Chinese government have made it clear several times that they would start a nuclear war if the United States helps and backs Taiwan to become an independent country, there is a "Taiwan Relations Act".

Here is a link to it if you want to peruse it.
usinfo.state.gov...

Anyways, the United States has not been interesting in starting a nuclear war like the Chinese government is willing to do...but i guess that makes us the bad guys...

Wait a second...isn't this thread about the assassination of a Russian journalist for investigating arms sales from Russia to Iran and Syria?....

Why is it that some people want to derail every fricken thread and bash and blame the United States?...

Could we please stay on topic?...

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
If the Allied Forces actually cared about defending themselves from the ME, then the "war" would've be finished a lot longer ago.

This news is nothing new.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
and exactly how does that help corroborate your claim that the United States is in cahoots with the Russian government?... Let me help you with that... it does not corroborate your claim...

Well, let see what the White House says, shall we?

President Bush and President Putin Discuss Strong U.S.-Russian Partnership

Thank you all. I've just had a very important and constructive dialogue with my friend. It's great to see -- I know Laura was pleased to see Lyudmila Putin, as well. We have had, over the past four years, very constructive relations, and that's the way I'm going to keep it for the next four years, as well.

Ahhhhhhhh - nice to see great friends coming togather to talk about "construtive relations". Hell, there was even Bush-Putin meeting here in Slovenia few years ago - now that tells me something. Now the only question here is, who is lying? President Bush or President Putin? Or both of them? My money is on the last statement.

Is Taiwan attacking China?.... The people of Taiwan want to be free from the Chinese government... It is the Chinese govenrment who states they will go to war if the people of Taiwan write a Constitution and officially state they are a free country...

I see you are not aware of the history of Taiwan - this little Island has been changing rulers for a long time; from Chinese to Portugese - from Portugese to Dutch - from Dutch to Japanese - from Japanese to Chinese - so I kind of understand their position, since this is kind of how us in Slovenia have been treated for centuries by big Empires. So I am happy for them. But that still does not change the problems with China - since it is very much the same, as with Cuba in the Cold War, and how Soviet Union sent them missiles, which were parked 70 miles south of Florida. And you are from Cuba, so you know what I mean. And you can see how nervous that move makes Chinese, when some foreign superpower starts sending missiles to an island near by. That was my point, if you understand it.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
Hmm...the usual russian [email protected] seems that the soviet collapse hasnt changed their buisness as usual assasinations.

And when people say that i love asking the following; what collapse? Why in the future consider the word 'reform'?

Originally posted by Souljah
Why do I have the feeling that this arms trades are kind of "allowed"?

Oh for sure as if they could prevent it why wouldn't they? What power does Russia still have according to the western press to just do what it likes?

I mean Putin and Bush are very good friends (or at least they look that way).

Bush did say that he ' looked into his eyes' but i'm still wondering how such a deeply ignorant man as Bush could learn anything by staring into this KGB man's eyes.

It is not like cold war all over again.
Or is it?

Well you know , or maybe you don't, where i stand on that issue....

Stellar

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
You are right - there is a clean-up going on. Putin is trying to remove the power of the oligarchy and wrestle control back. When the Soviet Union collapsed these thieving Zionists bought up the country for next to nothing.

You might find this particular link interesting as i think we can all agree that not all Jews are Zionist or wants to destroy the world?

KGB influence ‘soars under Putin,’” blared the headline of a BBC online article for December 13, 2006. The following day, a similar headline echoed a similarly alarming story at the website of Der Spiegel, one of Germany’s largest news magazines: “Putin’s Russia: Kremlin Riddled with Former KGB Agents.”

In the opening sentences of Der Spiegel’s article, readers are informed that: “Four out of five members of Russia’s political and business elite have a KGB past, according to a new study by the prestigious [Russian] Academy of Sciences. The influence of ex-Soviet spies has ballooned under President Vladimir Putin.”

The study, which looked at 1,061 top Kremlin, regional, and corporate jobs, found that “78 percent of the Russian elite” are what are known in Russia as “siloviki,” which is to say, former members of the KGB or its domestic successor, the FSB. The author of the study, Olga Kryshtanovskaya, expressed shock at her own findings. “I was very shocked when I looked at the boards of major companies and realized there were lots of people who had completely unknown names, people who were not public but who were definitely, obvious siloviki,” she told Reuters.

www.jbs.org...

So that leads me to believe that it's not in fact Zionist that are running Russia unless the KGB were recruiting Zionist/oligarchs in the 90s?

The BBC's Kevin Connolly investigates the Russian mafia's covert invasion of Israeli society.

There are alarming signs that the Russian mafia has taken over the Israeli underworld and is using the country to launder its vast profits.

A wave of mass immigration from the former Soviet Union has brought 750,000 newcomers to the Jewish state in the last decade.

How Russia's mafia is taking over Israel's underworld

So if anything it seems the Zionist are slowly losing control of their so called puppet state?

This is a smear compaign against Putin. These 'criminals' are all hiding out in Israel which oerates as a safe haven.

I don't think you have to be worried about Putin as his got things well in hand with a country and industry being controlled by old KGB 'friends'.

"Since the end of the Gorbachev era, the Russian oligarchs, nearly all Jewish by ethnicity (with the noticeable exception of Vladimir Potanin), have controlled nearly all key sectors of the Russian economy. This, of course, includes Russia’s major ace-in-the-hole, oil and gas. www.americanfreepress.net...

I in fact think those so called 'Zionist' are just returning Russian ( KGB) Jews who used the reform years to slip away to Israel only to return using the wealth earned there to buy up state assets as later allowed by Yeltsin.

In 2003, one commentator estimated that their control over the russian economy had increased to 85%. "In Russia today, just a handful of oligarchs www.pbs.org... October 28 2003).

As above who are those 85% really and why do they almost all seem to have their roots in the KGB or FSB?

Maybe the citizens of the USA should take note of what is going on here and recognize that your country has been hijacked too.

Unlikely as we all know the USSR fell and the KGB and former communist no longer have any power .

The rise and rise of the Russian mafia

Russian Mafia's Worldwide Grip /url]

[url=http://www.stoptheftaa.org/artman/publish/article_36.shtml]Russian Mafia: Organized Crime Is Big Business for the KGB

In my opinion the so called 'communist conspiracy' ( only they never really were) is alive and thriving in it's new streamlined form as per the predictions of Anatoliy Golitsyn

en.wikipedia.org...

www.markriebling.com...

And what really took place...

www.jbs.org...

www.jbs.org...

www.jbs.org...

The original source contains a lot of very interesting information including the connection to the United States.

So , hopefully, do my sources.

Enjoy...

Stellar

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join