It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for EVP advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hey guys...

After reading the "twenty minute EVP" post and listening to the clips, I decided I'd play around with it myself.

My first interest around EVP arouse with the movie White Noise and I began searching the web for more clips to listen to. Now I want to try it myself.

I dont expect anything to come out of it right away, Im more so taking this as an experience out of the normal. Besides I wanted to see if I talk in my sleep and so on

So last night before I got to be I launched Audacity and let it record all night long. In total I've got 5 hours of recording in my room. The only things I think I know about is that I should turn of speaker sound, turn of the tv by the wallswitch, and turn down or off the radiators.
Unfortunately my computer's fan is a bit noisy so that is obviously coming through a lot on the recording.

But what about Audacity settings? My own instinct told me to set db to the lowest setting... around -36 I believe it was, stereo recording and 320 khz or what was it.
Is that accurate or do you guys have some good ideas for settings?

The outcome ofcourse contains a lot of static and the computer fan, but I am curious about what to do now? If anything paranormal came out of this would it be clear and audible alone with the settings I made or should I try and boost / clean the recording in any way?

Any other good suggestions when making these types of recordings?

thanks in advance

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well I'm glad Joe an I got you interested in it, at least some good came out of posting it. I'll give you my best advice that I know of.

I've never actually seen the movie white noise but from what I'm told you are able to pick up certain things at different frequencies? If so I'd suggest recording at normal levels first, then start to play with it a bit from there, I'll get posting later on, happy hunting!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

all the nformation you need you can find here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

new topics

join