Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Priory Of Sion Is it Real

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Is it real? If you have any information on The Priory Of Sion Post A Reply ASAP!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It's real.

Just not in that Dan Vinci code/Holy Blood, Holy Grail way.

Bérenger Saunière and Rennes Le Chateau are real.

The Priory of Sion is a real organisation founded around 1099 (Not necessarily by COUNT (not king) Godefroi de Bouillon) – However "Les Dossiers Secret" and anything regarding Pierre Plantard is most probably hoaxed. (1956)

EDIT: more info...

Is there any basis to these claims? Here is what it is apparently true: there was indeed an Order of Sion based on Mt. Sion, and according to a papal bull of the 12th century, it had monasteries and abbeys elsewhere in Palestine (in particular, Mount Carmel), in southern Italy (Calabria), and in France.

www.fiu.edu...

and here's more info on the actual Priory of Sion

The Abbey of Our Lady of Mount Zion, often referred to by modern authors as the Abbey of Sion or Order of Sion, was a small Mediaeval monastic order which, according to a papal bull of the 12th century, had abbeys on Mount Zion in Jerusalem, on Mount Carmel, in Southern Italy (Calabria), and in France.

The French scholar Emmanuel Rey discovered the historical references to the Abbey of Our Lady of Mount Zion and published his findings in 1888

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 7/3/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It is real, that's why there's a little red cross birthmark on the back of my neck. This is why the Templars had a red cross on their mantles, and so the flag of Swizterland. It is a long history, you should check into the duaghter of Christ, Sarah. The Story originates in the south of France. The family had it's twists and turns, many different families now involved. The original 9 Poor Knights of Christ went back to the Holy Land, and started ecavating. The dug down on the Temple Mount, Solomon's stables, which are underneath what is now the Dome of the Rock. (If you find a high quality picture, you can see the hole in the rock inside the mosque. Below is a link). When they went down, they found an artifact, and this is portrayed in Masonic ritual. They then become wealthy, so on. But as part of the new covenant of Christ, and the revalations of St. John. There will be a New Jerusalem in the west. In the French tounge as the Templar called it, "La Merica" the Star of the Templars. This gets into a plethora of ritual and geoastronomical issues, which I will not go into. But yes there are special groups of people who are out there for the betterment of mankind, and some that aren't. Truth is stranger than fiction. The best thing to do is go out and research it yourself. You will not find answers in this medium. I could tell you weird stuff all day, but you ultimately choose what to believe. Your choice may not to believe, but it doesn't mean it's not true.

An ass turned a millstone, walking a hundred miles, once he finished he was right back where he started. Many men make journeys, but don't find a destination.

Dome of the Rock:
www.udel.edu...
(Lower Left corner of the rock, sublit from lights below, a small circle)

Couple Books:

- Holy Blood, Holy Grail
- The Second Messiah
- Encyclopedia of Freemasonry
- Anything non-fictional that covers the forming of America

Check this out:

www.enterprisemission.com...

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpecOpPres1
It is a long history, you should check into the duaghter of Christ, Sarah.

Since it’s obvious (to me at least) that Jesus, the superhero did not exist, it should be equally obvious that he didn’t father any children either, including Sarah.

I believe this isn’t the fiction forum. (maybe this guy had a daughter?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpecOpPres1
It is real, that's why there's a little red cross birthmark on the back of my neck. This is why the Templars had a red cross on their mantles, and so the flag of Swizterland.

Uh, no...the cross on the flag of Switzerland is white on a red field...maybe you're thinking of the flag of the Red Cross?

ConspiracyNut23 is right -- the Priory of Sion (as you are probably thinking of from Dan Brown's books and the like) is "real" in that it is an invention of two Frenchmen in the 1950's. Their claims have been refuted by credible historians and French civlil authorities. It was either the History Channel, Discovery Channel, or something similar which detailed the accounts of the two Frenchmen and their claims. One of them might have even served time for fraud, but I can't recall. I also believe one of them recanted their tale as being fiction.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
The Priory of Sion is a real organisation founded around 1099 (Not necessarily by COUNT (not king) Godefroi de Bouillon)

You say its real, but the link you gave claims its not. Godfrey de Bouillon (whom I always thought/heard he was the Duke of Brabant, in any case, not a king, as mentioned) founded the Order (Canons) of the Holy Sepulchre in 1099, some forty years after Hugh de Payns founded the Templars, and also after the founding of the Hospitallers (now commonly known as the Knights of Malta: SMOM - Sovereign Military Order of Malta).

The Order of the Holy Sepulchre, founded in 1099 was not recognized and given papal recognition/protection until circa 1113.

Hope this clarifies.

Zhenyghi, KHS (Knight of the Holy Sepulchre)

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
You say its real, but the link you gave claims its not.

From the same link.

The 'Priory of Sion' described in The Da Vinci Code never existed.

In the rest of my post, I attempted to demonstrate that there was some base in reality for the existence of the Priory of Sion (I thought the Abbey of Our Lady of Mount Zion a likely canditate)

The Order of the Holy Sepulchre, founded in 1099 was not recognized and given papal recognition/protection until circa 1113.

So the Order of the Holy Sepulchre is what the Priory legend is based on today? According to the wiki article liked above the Abbey of Our Lady of Mount Zion was mentioned in a Papal Bull in the 12th century. (doesn’t specify the date) Of course it is very likely that you know a lot more than me on this subject.

Hope this clarifies.

Brings up more questions for me.
That Duke of Brabant thing is interesting. Would you happen to have links for that?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I checked my EOHSJ manuals and booklets, as well as official/unofficial websites for the Order, but no mention of his title, other than "Sir".

I did a Google search on Godfrey, and Wikipedia calls him "Duke of Lower Lorraine" - I guess we were each half-right!

It does say that he was born near modern Brussels (Brabant), so that might be where I thought he was the Duke of Brabant, or maybe I confused him with Baldwin of Flanders (okay, Flanders and Brabant aren't the same...)

As for the Prior of Sion-Order of the Holy Sepulchre link, I really don't believe it exists, other than the Order was first established in "Zion" (Outremer, Palestine). The Order of the Holy Sepulchre was not a Templar offshoot, it was its own organization with a different specific purpose and founder, just as the Hospitallers were different. The Hospitallers and Order of the Holy Sepulchre were merged at one time after the loss of the Crusader kingdoms, but was short-lived.

There was a medieval "Priory of Sion" in Europe, but it went defunct long, long ago. I can't recall which religious order it belonged to, but I'm tempted to say the Cistercians. I believe this was, in part, the basis of the Prior of Sion myth created by the two Frenchmen. Again, one of the cable channels made mention of this.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Then you guys might be interested in this post:

An Order of vampires exists in Palestine; they hide themselves behind the following title:

“Order of the Immortal Guardians of the Holy Sepulcher.” - Samael Aun Weor

And again, the writings of Godfrey Higgins are always a good place to look in regard to this subject...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The Priory of Sion.....

ultimately, has been shown to be a hoax created in 1956 by Pierre Plantard, a pretender to the French throne.

Priory of Sion Wikipedia

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SpecOpPres1

I'm led to believe the Temple (new holy land) is in Mt Sion ih Switzerland. And there's this beautifull templer fortress church which was built in the 1300's, right on top.

new topics

top topics

join