It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiccans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I think if you need to ask advice from stangers on an internet forum, you shouldn't dabble with spells.

Maybe try and contact a local wiccan coven?

I reccomend this book :
Lid off the Cauldron

[edit on 7-3-2007 by melem]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by w810i
It's not that it feels wrong or anything like that. I am venturing into water over my head so to speak. I'm not wiccan. I was born christian and beleived in that until recently. I prayed about this issue several times and to be brunt it was like banging my head against the wall. Sooo I'm looking towards some other venues.

hmmmm. gotcha.

In that light, it strikes me that you may indeed be a bit over your head. Take a step back and consider the problem, and also consider your motivations. Dont let anger drive you.

It's not anger driven. I have considered the problem from numerous angles. There is no anger involved in this what so ever.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I ask here because I do not know anyone in person who practices this sort of thing. Please do not demeen my posts or my questions for advice. Is that not what a forum is for? Exchanging ideas?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I'm happy to give you advice but unless I know exactly what it is that I am giving advice on I cannot.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I understand this. I'm trying to get 20 posts then I can U2U

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
ah I see,

U2U me then when you have enough

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
ok.... sooooooo...

-not anger driven
- something lost in a sea of confusion

is it bigger than a breadbox?

is it that dream you had when you were eleven where the guy on the mountaintop blanks out the stars for you to reveal a message but you wake up at the last second?

is it the secret of the moon?

is it the location of your carkeys?

is it your youth? gods know I lost mine.

throw us a bone?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Couple more posts then I can.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Well I suppose its in all how you look at it. Too some its nothing, to others (myself included) is more numerous then stars in the night sky.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
how`s the weather out your way? Dark here, a bit on the windy side, about -5C i think.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I agree with vox2442 - throw us a bone already.

If you only need a couple more posts you arent limited to this thread

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
U2U sent. Sorry for the secrecy in these posts. I would rather not say what it is and have someone who knows nothing of this wreck the thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I ask here because I do not know anyone in person who practices this sort of thing. Please do not demeen my posts or my questions for advice. Is that not what a forum is for? Exchanging ideas?

You've taken my point all wrong, I was only thinking of your welfare.
It's a long path of learning to practice wicca. It's not something to be taken lightly.

Take all the advice you can, but be sure to confirm it, by your own investigation and learning.
Anyway check out the book link, it's a good starting point. plus the website witchvox, which was mentioned earlier, may have help in contacting local covens.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by melem

You've taken my point all wrong, I was only thinking of your welfare.
It's a long path of learning to practice wicca. It's not something to be taken lightly.

Take all the advice you can, but be sure to confirm it, by your own investigation and learning.
Anyway check out the book link, it's a good starting point. plus the website witchvox, which was mentioned earlier, may have help in contacting local covens.

My apologies. I know how visceral this board can be to unusual questions or topics.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I was born christian and beleived in that until recently. I prayed about this issue several times and to be brunt it was like banging my head against the wall. Sooo I'm looking towards some other venues.

Born Christian...I think I get where you are coming from...though technically speaking your not 'born a christian'. You can have a strong milieu however.

Magic is all in the Bible.

Magic=technology = tool = its only good/bad in the hands of whoever uses it.

(Helps to get past the symbols and parables)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

I was born christian and beleived in that until recently. I prayed about this issue several times and to be brunt it was like banging my head against the wall. Sooo I'm looking towards some other venues.

Born Christian...I think I get where you are coming from...though technically speaking your not 'born a christian'. You can have a strong milieu however.

Magic is all in the Bible.

Magic=technology = tool = its only good/bad in the hands of whoever uses it.

(Helps to get past the symbols and parables)

Peace

dAlen

You are correct. I was not born christian but rather brought up christian, taught the stories of the bible and how anything other then that is wrong. Milieu is what?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I would rather not say what it is and have someone who knows nothing of this wreck the thread.

Please feel free to post here.

Your friendly ATS staff will not tolerate anyone trying to "wreck the thread".

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by w810iYou are correct. I was not born christian but rather brought up christian, taught the stories of the bible and how anything other then that is wrong. Milieu is what?

Milieu is the environment that you grow up around and influences your way of thought.
Basically what you described. My milieu was a strict evangelical backround.
I spent 7 years in 'ministry' (2 as a designer in a missions organization and 5 as a producer/director in a large Christian organization)

But...as of now, I have a total different view of things...or rather interpretation of what the Bible says. I only brought it up as it was interesting to see your background was a bit similar in nature to mine.

I have studied quite a bit in 'esoteric' studies...primarily Judaic Kabbalah...though I have read Crowley for entertainment. - people make more out of him then there is...and depending on how you view what he writes, he actually has some interesting stuff. But its all in perception after all isnt it?

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Ahh....I see what you are saying

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I'd be glad to help you any way I can. My husband found your post this morning and asked me to log in. Let me know your questions and if I can, I'll help light the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join