It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A380 to land @ lax on the 19th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
i will be there taking pictures @ this new unholy beast..
i hope others in los angeles area and abroad will come to see this historic event.. it lands @ 9 am in the morning
im most sure it will be landing on runway 25 L
they just completed the new runway to support the huge A380

They will have a second A380 land @ JFK at the same time as the one in los angeles lands

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Qantas Welcomes the A380!
LA INC./The Los Angeles Convention & Visitors Bureau, Qantas Airways and Los Angeles World Airports cordially invite you to a reception and tarmac viewing of the Airbus A380 Super Jumbo Jet.

When: Monday March 19, 2007
5:30 P.M. - 7:30 P.M.

Where: Flight Path Learning Center at Los Angeles International Airport

See the A380 after its maiden flight to the United States. Space is limited for this exclusive event for travel and hospitality professionals.

Refreshments will be served.

I hope the public will have a chance to see her as well

[edit on 13-3-2007 by skunkworks82]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the 'heads up' skunkworks82

Don't forget your camera

Can't wait to see some pic's and maybe some video.

sanc

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have a special spot picked out !!!!! its right by the runway and ill be able to atleast get one super shot to bring here to ATS. Ill be posting here first on ATS

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I certainly envy your being there skunkworks82, if only for the historical value and a good clean shot of this behemoth.

Years ago I was able to watch a landing of the shuttle piggy-backed on the 747. It was quite the sight at the time, for my then youthful and exuberant eyes.

Less than a week and counting ...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
I certainly envy your being there skunkworks82, if only for the historical value and a good clean shot of this behemoth.

Years ago I was able to watch a landing of the shuttle piggy-backed on the 747. It was quite the sight at the time, for my then youthful and exuberant eyes.

Less than a week and counting ...

Whats amazing, is my father saw the 747 for the first time here as well. So this is special for our family too. we have been involved in areospace since he was a kid and now its me my sister and my little brother too.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Media Advisory -- Airbus A380 to Make Historic Landing at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Monday, March 19, 2007; Departure Scheduled March 20
Tuesday March 13, 12:28 pm ET

LOS ANGELES, CA--(MARKET WIRE)--Mar 13, 2007 -- The Airbus A380 -- the world's largest airliner -- is scheduled to make an historic first visit to the U.S. West Coast when it lands at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) at 9:30 a.m. Pacific Time on Monday, March 19, 2007. The historic flight is being conducted by Airbus, Los Angeles World Airports and Qantas Airways to test airport function and compatibility in anticipation of Qantas' A380 passenger service at LAX, which is scheduled to begin in 2008. The aircraft is scheduled to depart between 7:15 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday, March 20.
This visit to Los Angeles will occur simultaneously with the landing of a second A380 at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport at 12:30 p.m. EDT.

After landing on Runway 24R on the northside of LAX, the aircraft will taxi to the southside of the airport for an arrival ceremony at the Flight Path Learning Center in the LAX Imperial Terminal at 6661 West Imperial Highway. Ceremony will include the following confirmed speakers:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
biz.yahoo.com...

heres the full details at yahoo news

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The Airbus A-380 landed for the first time in Montréal (Québec), today.

Several people gather to see it, most were impressed, by how quiet it is.

Here some photos:

galeriedephotos.cyberpresse.ca...

An interesting video, how it is put together:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I forgot to mention, that after Montréal, that aircraft is heading to Florida. Not sure, if it will visit other US city? Basically, that trip is to study the airport infrastructure (and promotional as well).

top topics

join