It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Religions Are Brotherhoods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Aren't all religions brotherhoods. Each having morals and principals that are held dear. Or, having few morals and principals that are held dear. I mean, as far as I know, no religion has the power to raise the dead, heal the blind, and make the lame walk again. Correct me if I am wrong. I use to believe it, but have not seen it.

One man does what he thinks is good and another calls him stupid. One man does something sinfuly delicious and another calls him synester and evil. Evil is in the eye of the beholder. If someone killed me, some would call it evil, when in reality it might be the best thing that ever happened to me. Some would miss me and a few might cry for a little while, but very soon I would be a distant memory.

It seems to me that it's really all about finding the group that supports your same morals and values as closely as possible. I don't think there is a lot of supernatural power to be gained from any religion. The only power to be gained is in brotherhood. The rewards are whatever its values and morals bring forth. If that brotherhood happens to be evil then it has an advantage. How? Evil wins because it will pull any strings to do so. Evil will turn and shoot at five paces while good will walk the full 10 and of course by then good is dead. Its about surviving in this world and looking out for one another. It amazes me sometimes at how quickly the so called good will turn thier backs on thier fellow brothers. The rub comes when some try to impose thier values on everyone else, which I am not accustomed to doing. I have in the past but quickly grew tired of slammed doors in my face. Its a waste of time to try and save the world. To hell with the world. I'm not saying that the needy shouldn't have a helping hand. I am saying they should have a chance to earn what they get.

I just want to be where I can call an ace an ace and a spade a spade. If it works use it if it doesn't trash it.

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by TgSoe]

join