It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Paintings I've done.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hi guys, I have been doing a series of paintings based on my favorite UFO designs so I thought I would share them with you! I would like yo hear your feedback, be brutally honest with me, I don't mind. I thought this would be a change of pace and something different.

The scale is 10X20 and the medium is oil paint.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by D.Gribble]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Cool - you should do a whole series of the most famous ones: the adamski craft? the long cylinder?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
Cool - you should do a whole series of the most famous ones: the adamski craft? the long cylinder?

That's what I am doing. These two Ive completed and I have 5 I am working on currently. I did the adamski for my painting class last semester that I'll post.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Fantastic Gribble,

I love the first one there, the metallic effect you captured is brilliant. It's a really unusual concept to do oil paintings of UFO art but it works brilliantly, you may be onto something there!. Keep us posted when you have done more.

October

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Erm... when I look at the reflection on the first image I nearly feel as though I can see my self in it. There seems to be the reflection of a white head on the upper part and white body across the flaired out section. Was this intentional? Cool any ways...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
P.S Dou you sell prints? That would be cool in my bar
This is line two. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This brilliant intriguing critique of modernity recalls those outrageously tampered photographs of 'flying saucers' unleashed to the unsuspecting public by those contactees of interplanetary visitations from a bygone era. An era we hold near and dear to our heart though nonetheless eternally grateful, from the depths of our souls, that those 'little green men' with antenna's have too passed into those long yet unforgotten corridor's of 'happy memories' and absurd conjectures.

The theme, of course, is super advanced technology from OUTER SPACE, intruding upon nature yet not corrupting it or changing it as 'they' only are visiting us to bid glad tidings and to ask their appointed earth ambassador to 'TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER'.

The bold use of broad brush and oil paint, as opposed to the typical array of fancy schmancy special effects offered in computer graphics, which is the medium typical of this genre, is indicative of a post-modernist ennui; as is the rebellious usage of its humorous paint-by-numbers 'look' -- a subtle swipe at conformity.

Gribble, thanks for honoring us here with a glimpse of your current artistic endeavor and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU. Keep us updated on your work OK! I love it!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thank you for the replies people!

Here is the adamski one I mentioned. It was for my painting class.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Did you consider posting (hanging them) all together in some configuration as one big work? I think that would look great!

Please keep posting them as you finish as I'm sure we'd all love to see each one.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Did you consider posting (hanging them) all together in some configuration as one big work? I think that would look great!

Please keep posting them as you finish as I'm sure we'd all love to see each one.

Yeah I think that would look good because all the background colors would work well off of each other. I'll post them as soon as they are completed!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuncanIdahoGholem
P.S Dou you sell prints? That would be cool in my bar
This is line two. Thank you.

I don't have any prints as of yet but you can buy the original. It looks better in person and would look great hanging on your wall!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Sorry, they moved my thread to a less visible area. I thought it was ok in the UFO section but whatever. Anyhoo, thanks for the comments guys and I'll be sure to post up my other completed works.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Wow, those are so pretty. I like how they're very simple and the shading's just right.

I'd love to see you paint more UFOs from different perspectives.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've just completed three more. I'll post 'em soon.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hi all, I will be updating this thread real soon with new and improved pics of all the paintings I have completed.

They are also for sale!

They are 10X20 and 10X23 inch on board with oil paints.

Stay Tuned!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

top topics

join