It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My very short story. " Abduction or survival? "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
All signs of human life on earth was gone. Nothing survived the nuclear world war of 2050. After the dust settled and radiation levels were safe, a disk shaped spaceship landed and out walked six human beings, three male and three females. The only reason they survived was because they were abducted by aliens seconds before the first bomb detonated.

[edit on 3/6/2007 by Solarskye]

[edit on 3/6/2007 by Solarskye]

[edit on 3/7/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I really just want to know if this would make for a good story? I'm a good song writer and poet and always wanted to write a story. Just thought I'd throw this out here and would welcome any comments on if I should continue with it. Maybe even start with why and how the war began and everything that leads up to this conclusion.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I'm a good song writer

Quite braggish, aren't we? I never compliment myself, if somone truly IS something, other people will notice. Telling us your a 'good song writer' isn't going to change crap about you or make your stories any better, but it will give us the impression you feel the need to tell us that about yourself.

At any rate, it sounds fairly stupid to me. Sorry. It just doesn't seem like a workable plot and sounds like something out of a 1950's Sci-Fi movie. Not working man

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It has potential but that was just a very brief description.

You could frame it a little differently. Imagine a spaceship landing and the six people disembark in a lush fertil valley filled with wildlife. The people with help from their friends on the spaceship set up a little farm. The spaceship leaves.

You could build up the trails and efforts to become self sustaining and the challenges that they encounter. Eventually you could have them doing some exploring and discover a city and somehow they would discover that this was earth, their planet that had destroyed itself.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I remember seeing an Outer Limits episode where 6 or 7 young adults from our time now went into the future on board a spaceship and arrived in earths' future.

The people from the future went through some wierd biological transformations resulting in their manipulating the human genome; thus their destruction.

So they sent back a spaceship through time to collect 'viable' humans to re-populate the future.

Your story sounds a bit like that.

I'm not saying your story exacts this description but resounds some familiarity about it.

If you love story writing and are looking for ideas, why not throw out some more info as to where you'd like the story to unfold.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I kind of remember that one too and it probably influenced this one. I just tried a shortest story and didn't go anywhere else with it. I will work on this and try to post a longer version. This story was more of all the abductions that aliens have done to humans and this was the last abduction that actually saved the human race instead of humiliating it. Thanks TheDuckster for your reply and I'm sorry for forgetting about this silly short story. I hope you are doing well Ducky and I promise to post a better longer version of this story.

I'm still more of a song writer than a story teller but I'm trying to improve with age.

top topics

join