It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New (old) chat is running

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I've fixed and reinstalled an older Flash-based chat system we used in the past. It's now running under the ATS Chat button.

200 post minimum to chat.

All staff can ban chatters... if you get banned from chat, you get banned from ATS.

Those who have used this Flash client in the past will likely need to clear your browser's cache before it works properly.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I know I will sound incredibly stupid. But what is my browser catche?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think you just made a lot of ATS members very happy.

I took a look, I see some new rooms.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
S.O. Have I ever said that I worship the threads you write on?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

now I don't have to post this....

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Wise words from Whatukno -- just another reason to vote Whatukno and Rockpuck for president!!

Anyways back on topic:

SO is the most generious of board administrators, we chatter are forever in his debt, and we will continue to pass on our high praises of your kind forgiving generosity for years to come to new and old chatter alike.

But really thanks for taking the time to deal with this issue, it is sad that it happend and hopefully there will be learning done from this unfortunate incident.

Now a word to the chatters:

BE NICE!! And represent ATS well!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
I know I will sound incredibly stupid. But what is my browser catche?

Your web browser stores files after you visit a web page in your browsers Cache. The next time you visit the page it will be loaded from your browsers Cache which is faster then loading the page from the internet. If the page has changed your browsers Cache will be updated.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Thank you very much Skeptic. I think that you had a lot of people worried about the fate of Chat and I'm sure that we all express a collective sigh of relief.

I also appreciate seeing the 'old Chat' back. I get my "lucky bat" avatar back and, most importantly, without character limits on the user name, I can be the benevolent tyrant again. I was having a crisis of identity having to be called "Tyra".

Again, thank you.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
OH Man SO. You are the Man as usual.

Thanx bunches. Im not against change, heck i even helped ya test the new chat in its infancy, but i just couldnt grow to like it.

Thanx for bringin old chat back. it's simple and serves it purpose well. I just hope the server load doesnt get to be too much. HIP HIP HOORAY

May old chat live forever!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
SORRY ABOUT THE CHAT INCIDENT
I know that wasn't my fault but I am glad you brought the old chat back for people who don't abuse the chat because that was getting out of hand. I was going ask you that we should have chat-threads on the information and questions forum but then I saw the chat was back, because they do that on power-on on the nintendo forums and it works there too. Good luck with the chat, VIVA LA OLD CHAT!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Nice one SO.

Thanks a lot for bringing it back.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Thank you so much S.O.!

My morning has now started with a huge grin.

With all the stuff going on, I really do appreciate you getting the old chat back up and running.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I got kicked off of the chat. What happened?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter

From what I see, Maverick, it just appears that you had left the room. Maybe try what SO had said earlier in the thread, clear your cache, and try again?

You weren't "kicked out," though, because that would have said somethng to the effect of "Maverickhunter has been kicked out of the room." It just said you lost connection, left the room.

Hope that helps.
Ah, you're back, so it's ok.

[edit on 3/7/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

From what I see, Maverick, it just appears that you had left the room. Maybe try what SO had said earlier in the thread, clear your cache, and try again?

Yeah that probably happened. My bad on that one. I got the time out of doom.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
And just to remind Chatters, and future chatters,

The same rules apply in the chat room as they do on the board,

If there's a problem in there don't get caught in a tit for tat fest, u2u or use the complaints to gain the attention of a staff member,

ATS chat is a privilege ..a perk for ATS user's, let please remember that when we use it.

Thanks

Long live Chat

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I AM SO VERY HAPPY!!!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!
THANK YOU FOR OLD CHAT!
YES, I'M YELLING. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!

Edited to add -
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3/7/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Johnmike and grimreaper797 are harrasing me again and they're blaming it on me again. What the hell is their problem. S.O can't you ban the ones that are harassing me CONSTANTLY-- and I mean it's every day?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Johnmike and grimreaper797 are harrasing me again ...

Please use the complaint feature to complain. Stop doing it in this forum.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
William One Sac ... AWESOME to see you posting!!

Hope all is going well. You have been in our thoughts and it is very, very cool to see you posting again!!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Thank you very much. It is great to be posting again! I really miss you guys and gals when I can't post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join