It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't explain what happened in my house.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Love this site and figured I would share 2 experiences that occured in my house last year. I will post one here and the other later. I get descriptive and it may get "lengthy". If anyone has a theory to what it may be I'd love to hear. Anyways...

This following occurrence happened between May 2006. I had returned to my home in Powell County, Montana from Iraq. I have owned the home for three years, but have not had the opportunity to stay in it for longer than a couple of months at a time since my purchase. It used to be an old church built in 1906. I have noticed and encountered "unusual" events while staying at my home but they could easily be explained away. These two, I could not.

It was at the end of May 2006 and we were having a birthday/slumber party for my 7 year old daughter. This was her first big sleep over and everyone was very excited. We had about 7 other girls over in the ages of 7-10 years old along with my two other daughters (so about 10 little girls). There was a certain "energy" in the air. Everyone was having a good time. This was the typical slumber party, kids gorging on pizza and soda, hopped up on sugary snacks, watching cartoons while running in and out of the house, just having a good time. While this was going on my wife and I started cleaning up the house. The kids were upstairs playing. When we finished cleaning the kitchen and living room we decided to take a break from the activities and sit on our couch and watch some TV before the children returned from downstairs.

It was quieting down, but you could still hear the girls upstairs in the room playing. I sat on one end of the sofa (near the arm rest) my wife beside me (in the middle of the couch). We were talking to one another as we watching TV. I seen this little girl (about the size of our daughter) come running beside the couch and jump towards me. I flinched preparing to be pounced on by the girl. My wife said "look out", as I was bracing myself. And then...nothing. The little girl just disappeared. My wife and I looked at each other and at the same time asked if we had just seen the same thing. I said there is no way this just happened. I thought that maybe it was one of "our" girls playing upstairs and it was their shadow that was casted down from above (We have a loft in our home that doubles as a play area. It is located directly above our couch.) . But that did not make sense. I seen the girl as plain as day. This was not a shadow. This looked like anyone's little girl. But it was not one of our guest or one of our daughters. I immediately went upstairs to my daughters room. Their each one of the girls was accounted for. I asked them if they knew of anyone else that was coming over for the party and they all answered no.

I still know what I had seen with my eyes. My wife was there and seen the same thing. We talk about it often, we just do not mention it in front of our children. There was a definite "energy" in the house that night. A positive one, that only could occur from everyone having a great time. We both come to the conclusion that if our house has a "child spirit" in it, then this was the right time and the right event. Maybe it wanted to participate in the fun activities. No other events occurred that evening. And the children were unaware of what had happened.
-Andy

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
And here is the other:

The second unexplained event happened a couple of months later in July. It was late at night. My wife was at work and I was home with the kids. We were all passed out in my bedroom (it is on the main floor). The kids were all sleeping in my room on the floor around my bed. I was sleeping when I heard giggling. I sat up and looked around my floor at the kids. The kids brought down one their night lights and it was in use. I could see them all sound asleep (and snoring). I just sat up in my bed to listen if I could hear it again. A few seconds later I heard the giggling again, some footsteps, and one of their toys (button activated) begin speaking. It sound as if the sounds were coming from the loft and I got out of bed to investigate the matter. I went up one flight of stairs (where the kids bedrooms are located) and was still hearing the giggling. I went up another flight of stairs to the loft where the kids play area is and the giggling stopped. It was very dark up there and the only light available came out of the window from the moonlight. I stood still and listened. As I was standing there one of the toys started to speak. I know they do this when the batteries are running down. Then another toy started to speak. Now the odds of two toys having their batteries run out is odd. Then the third toy started to speak. That last one got to me. There is no way three toys could have their batteries run out at the same time. As I stood there I was very creeped out. I was looking around when I got this cold sensation all over my body. It was coming from downstairs. I went down the first flight of stairs pass the kids room and I was cold. Went down the second set of stairs to the main floor and I was colder. I ascended the last flight of stairs to our laundry room and I was freezing. I turn on the light and my back door was wide open! This is a heavy set door which is difficult to open. I check all my doors at night to make sure that the children have closed them all the way. And I know without a doubt in my mind that I had checked them all that night. But here is my back door open letting in all of this cold air into my house. Now with the events that had just unfolded leading up to the door I can not lead myself to believe that these were strange coincidences. I shut the door, ran upstairs and turned on every light in my living room. I stayed the rest of the night in my living room watching TV with all of the lights on.

-Andy

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Your mind is creating it’s own reality. Experiments were conducted to suggest that the human mind is actually more powerful than we give it credit for. This might range from making manifestations , to creating faint noises-such as walking steps. paranormal.about.com...

Or

it might all be a hallucination. Maybe even the part your wife being a witness.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You could also have a ghost, unless it's causing problems for you or your family I wouldn't worry about it. Try taking some digital photographs in the attic, see if you can pic up anything intresting

Has anyone else in the house experienced anything (apart from your wife also seeing the child)? If no one else has they might have simply been coincidences and tricks of the mind - Like I said I wouldn't get too worried at the moment

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You house is old and boundy to have some written record or history. Id start there.

Also ask your girls if they've seen or heard anything. If this is a ghost of a playful child, who better to play with than three girls in the area?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinytown50
This following occurrence happened between May 2006. I had returned to my home in Powell County, Montana from Iraq. I have owned the home for three years, but have not had the opportunity to stay in it for longer than a couple of months at a time since my purchase. It used to be an old church built in 1906.

I see that you were not able to spend any considerable length of time in your home, and that it is indeed an older building with, as InSpiteOf mentioned, some history.

Were there any instances of paranormal activity prior to your return from Iraq? If there was none, I would suspect that the spirit(s) may be reacting to a subsatantial change to their 'environment' (that is, having a male presence become a permanent fixture within the house).

I would wait for a while and see if the activity subsides as the spirits slowly get used to your continued presence. If not, you may want to investigate the history of the house and see if you can gather any clues from that angle that may help in calming the spirits.

Good luck!

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 3/7/2007 by DCFusion]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I try to rationalize any "odd" occurance that has happened in my home. As far as these two happenings being an hallucination I have checked the internet for anything that would cause my wife and I to see the little girl and came up with nothing. I thought maybe Radon gas or something might be the cause, since hallucinations was suggested. But found nothing.

My wife has witnessed one "odd" occurance as recently as last month. I was home on R&R (I work as a contractor out of country). She was cooking breakfast and I was still asleep. She said a carton of eggs slide off of the counter and fell on the floor. I try to recreate what had happened and could not. Other than that the only "odd" things that has happened to her was the backdoor of the house that I mentioned earlier being opened (could be explained away as kids not shutting it all the way) and seeing a "shadow" out of the corner of her eye (that too can be explained away as reflexions from the windows).

As far as asking my kids, unless they come to me telling me that their "imaginary" friend did this or they them telling me a story of something I deem as unusual, I am not going to ask. I feel as far as my kids are concerned the less they know what my wife and I encounter the better for them. In other words I don't want to lead them in anywayand want to protect them.

Now for me spending anytime at home, well I have owned the home for 3 years and lived in it about 8 months off and on during that time. I have asked neighbors and they don't know a lot of the history other than it was a church built in 1906 and was not used for many years before the previous owner bought it and converted it into a house. I have tried contacting the previous owner with no luck. The next time I am home I will go to the library and see if I can dig anything up on my place.

The only other "odd" thing that had happened to me in my home was right after I had purchased it. It was May of 2004 I had been discharged from the Army after my tour in Iraq. I had not seen the place except for pics of it on the internet. My wife and a home inspector looked at it and said it was good so I bought it! Well as I entered the place and carried my wife across the thresh hold, we began to unpack. We were in the house for a couple of minutes. I was unpacking a box and looked up towards the front door that was left opened. It was daylight out around 3 or 4 pm. I seen a black siloutte walk out my front door. I could not make out what it was. I wasn't afraid and didn't sense anything unusual. I hate that this account sounds "cliche" to many ghost stories but that was what happened and I did not experience anything else until I returned home in May 2006. Nothing negative has happened other than these "odd" experiences.
-Andy

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Wow. Sounds to me like you have some ghostly activity going on. I would research the history of the house, then locate a paranormal investigator (or psychic) to come in and check out your place.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
As i said, stick with the history first. Check your towns hall of records for basic building info (permits, ownerships, land surveys and evaluations.) THen hit the library and check old newspapers and town history literature.

Cant hurt to ask teh older residents either, maybe they heard and urban ledgend or soemthing else about your house or the church that might provide insight.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
what about doing some evp work by yourself? might just come up with something which would then give you hard evidence so you know youre not going out of youre mind?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
As soon as I get back home during the summer I will start looking up info on the house and see if I can find any records of when the church was in use. Any memorials, baptisms, weddings, etc. My town is so small (pop 50-75) that I am going to try the county seat 65 miles away and start there for the bulding info and such. I have asked the older residents and no one can recall anyone having any problems with the property. But I will keep asking around.

I am on the fence towards evp evidence. I might be wrong but it seems like you can minapulate the recordings on your computer to make it sound like whatever you want. But having said that, I am up for giving it a try when I am home. As I stated I dont know anything really about evp or for that matter any investagating techniques towards the paranormal. I guess I got my work cut out on me to educate myself. Thanksfor the comments and the advice.
-Andy

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Please don't take this wrong but as you are/were in the military;
could this be related to MK Ultra, Operation paper clip, Montauk etc?

sonic.net...

[edit on 8-3-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
to be honest with you ive never done any sort of experimenting/investigation myself, although i am due to go on an investigation with a well know tv celeb soon. i was just thinking along the lines of trying things out yourself and just seeing what, if any, resluts you get. might just throw up some light on youre problem.

have you thought of getting in touch with a local paranormal group and voicing you experiences with them? they may be able to put your mind at ease or they may be able to help you in another way?

just a thought

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
tinytown50,

i sent you a U2U, look up in the right hand corner at a flashing box called "member center" click on it.

I can help.

RT

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I tried to reply back to your U2U RT. I dont have enough posts to send out my response. It said I needed 20 and I know I have less than that. I will send it to you again shortly.
Thanks
Andy

top topics

join