It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban on Booing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Ban on Booing

abcnews.go.com

Now, some high school sporting officials in Washington state are considering tough new rules — including a ban on booing. Those who support the ban say that too often, spectators are cruel.

"It's the organized effort to try to intimidate or try to make fun of someone that becomes personal in nature that can escalate then into other concerns that we might have," said Mike Colbrese, executive director of the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.netscape.com
www.progressiveu.org

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Can anyone say Freedom of speech? Wait... It's for our own safety again right?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I can understnad the some people don't know how to behave, but this seems to be carrying PC a bit too far.
It's really too bad that the spectators are ruining the game for the players...or so it seems.
We've all heard of the parents who get into fights ath their kids sporting events :shk:

Legislating behavior just seems

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is a prime example of why Liberals should not be trusted with control of this country....

Honestly how they come up with these ideas is so far beyond me it isnt funny... WHY is all I want to know, some football player go crying home to mommy because his feelings got hurt after the crowed cheered on the home team??

I think it's time the liberals be taken off the self righteous throne they have been perched upon.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I;'ll BOO all i want.

Its my RIGHT (for now) to BOO if i want to BOO.

I'm sure this will be added to the Patriot Act then i shall be silent and just phart instead of booing.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Rockpuck....???

Liberals? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

Thanks for the joke.

Just like Liberals are the crazy ones sending people to a bogus war???

You made my night.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
i shall be silent and just phart instead of booing.

I almost spit up my morning coffee... You said phart!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is the society that we are headed towards. I was listening to talk radio this morning and they were talking about how anthropologists are now saying that using the word "stone age" is insulting to primitive peoples.

My God!!! Is there anyone anymore who we don't have to walk on egg shells around?

We are living in society, not just here in the states but around the world, where competition is labeled as bad, success is bad... Everyone's a "winner." No one can lose or is wrong. What are we doing? It amazes me. It really does.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 7-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I can understnad the some people don't know how to behave, but this seems to be carrying PC a bit too far.

The notion of PC is too far. The very idea that behavior and speech can be regulated to ensure nobody gets offended is absurd. Ban a word and few years pass and a different word has evolved to take its place. Ban a behavior and you'll have to build alot of prisons/"rehab" centers.

The whole town should go to these events even if their kids arent playing and just boo constantly. Boo until their faces hurt and boo some more.

This ban-crazy society is whats offending me. Wheres the push to ban it?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a ban on booing is a ban on free speech , plain and simple !
this country gets more stupid by the minute . what a waste of time and money . just stupidity at it's worse .

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Rockpuck....???

Liberals? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

Thanks for the joke.

Just like Liberals are the crazy ones sending people to a bogus war???

You made my night.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by dgtempe]

*COUGH COUGH*

Uh....

Where did I say anything about a "bogus" war?

What is a "bogus war"

Are the troops complaining?

If they are, why did they sign up for the war?

Did they join to reap the benefits and not expect to go to war? To do their job?

Did I ever say that I think hyper conservatives should be in control instead of hyper liberals?

Can't we find ground in the middle?

Why does every comment on a democrat lead back to a war remark?

I stand by my statement, this is what they want, this is what they would give us if they had control, this is what you want apparently.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Honestly how they come up with these ideas is so far beyond me it isnt funny... WHY is all I want to know, some football player go crying home to mommy because his feelings got hurt after the crowed cheered on the home team??

I don't think it's cheering for the other team that's the problem. It's more that one kid comes onto the pitch and all the stupid jocks start booing directly at him because they don't like him or something. It's not very sportsman like.

Supporters can get out of hand and go over the top with singling players out and taking the p*ss out of them personally. But booing is a part of sport and it doesn't cause that much harm tbh, I don't see reason for it to be banned. They should just give linesmen authority to chuck supporters out if they're being overly obnoxious towards players.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is the most idiotic thing I have heard in a while.

What next? Are they going to put a limit on how much you can applaud and cheer?

Only in America could something this asenine even be brought to the table

new topics

top topics

join