It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Time Is Now: Support Our Troops

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Recuperating American soldiers living in slum like pest-infested facilities and excessive red tape exist throughout the U.S. military health-care system. The response from the congress is to have hearings, the president is appointing a blue ribbon commission and a quick veneer is being applied to the most visible areas to conceal the conditions our troops are living under.

This is not the time or place for partisan politics as usual. We must demand that our current leaders step up to the plate and address this complete failure in delivering the medical services, housing & care to our returning troops. This is not the time for posturing and allocating blame, it is the time to support our troops. I demand that the congress immediately pass legislation to take a billion dollars allocated for aide to Iraq and apply it to the medical housing, services & care of our returning troops immediately. We can sort out the details later. It is time for the Democrats to show some spine, this should be on the President desk today. I dare him not to sign it.

I have contacted my representatives to congress as well as the white house and made the above demand. I urge the other candidates and the American people to do the same. Enough of this lip service about supporting our troops. Just Do It.

Contact House Members
Contact Senators
Contact The White House

The Time Is Now

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I just emailed my senator telling him that one of my cousins is in Iraq right now-- and he is fighting the good war and I want to know when he'll come back. I am really worried. I hope he's doing well out there. It may be a good idea to write. I also included some of my 9-11 theories in the email as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Fix Walter Reed...NOW. THAT would be

a nice start in an effort to support the troops.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Walter Reed is only ONE of COUNTLESS problems with the military's health-care system. It is only because of the blatant public outcry over Walter Reed that veterans and injured troops nationwide are being neglected at horrifying levels. THIS is how we treat our heroes?! THIS is the repayment for sending them into war?

The outrage I feel over this cannot be adequately relayed in words. It is only one more example of how incompetently our President and his Administration have handled every single aspect of warfare, from the 3rd-rate criminally embezzled jobs done by appointed contractors, to the sending our troops untrained, unequipped, and unprepared, into a bloodbath under the auspices of a "peacekeeping babysitting" mission, to the blind-idiocy applied to management of the Green Zone...

Should it surprise ANY of us that, after all this, our injured soldiers are left neglected in vermin-infested hospital wings, laying in piles of their own feces? Why is anyone surprised by this? To be frank, I'm surprised Bush and Cheney didn't just suggest putting a bullet between the eyes of any soldier who can't fight any more, because that would be far more in line with their past policies on war management.

I am so disgusted right now I can't even think straight. This isn't a problem with Army Management. Army follow orders. They fight to live, they fight to survive the beaurocracy for even so much as an aspirin.

You want the REAL responsible party? Look no further than the Commander in Chief.

You want something REALLY done about this? Impeach him.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I took a friend once to a VA Hospital and

it smelled worse than a nursing home. It was dirty and disgusting and i couldnt wait to get the h... out of there.

They're more like leper colonies.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think the best way to support our troops at this point is to get them home. We have done our jobs in Iraq. We still have Afghanistan to work on, (the only legitamate reason to be in the middle east IMO) I write to my congressmen at least once a week asking for this costly dangerous and useless war to end.

(good links BTW
)

Our troops deserve our support both when fighting for our country and when they come home. They are heros and should be treated like the heros that they are.

It is a shame that the VA Helthcare system is so defunct for our soldiers. War is hell and it takes a heavy toll on a person mentaly. We as a society cannot throw our bravest men and women away once the fighting is done. They risked it all for us. We have the obligation to return the favor.

A vet should not have to come home from a war to only have to fight the very government beauracracy that sent him to war to begin with.

join