It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush Stumbles Badly in Speech to American Legion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Did anybody else catch President Bush's speech to the American Legion this morning?

He had a difficult time, even for him, putting words together today. He seemed kind of extra hyped up, too. He tried to play it off, cracking jokes about problems with education and learning, but it was really glaring to me what a hard time he had speaking this morning.

He admitted responsibility for putting our troops in harm's way to fight his WOT, which I appreciate. He then tried to do some damage control on the Walter Reed fiasco, claiming he had made the biggest allocation in history for the VA, and promising to fix the problems in the hospital system. Too little, too late, imo. He went on to say he was appointing a bi-partisan presidential committee to review the entire system. Again imo, nothing short of an independent commission is called for to investigate the glaring, ongoing lapses in care for our veterans in the current system.

Then he went right into talking about 9/11 again, saying 9/11, 9/11 again and again. Then on to some sinister comments about expecting Al-Qaeda to mount spectacular attacks to derail his Iraq surge.

Expect 'spectacular' al-Qaida attacks
Bush offered his assessment in a speech before the American Legion. "We can expect al-Qaida and other extremists to try to derail this strategy by launching spectacular attacks," he said.
Speech Recap

Then he got to the real point of his speech; additional funding for his troop surge.

He pushed Democrats in Congress to approve his latest spending request for the Iraq war without any limitations.

He kept squinting and darting his eyes back and forth over the crowd, too, like he was looking for hecklers or expecting an IED to go off or something. I imagine in the wake of the bombing at the bookstore in Baghdad yesterday, with 38 dead and 105 wounded, followed by the loss of 9 more US soldiers today, on top of the Walter Reed fiasco, a speech to veterans might be anticipated as a hard sell. Oh, and this just in: 93 Shiite pilgrims killed by two suicide bombers near Karbala. Spectacular enough for you?

All together, it wasn't pretty. I have a hard time listening to the man anymore, even when he is speaking clearly. I can understand his discomfiture, though. He must be wondering when the some of the people he is fooling all of the time are finally going to catch on. It shouldn't be long now. Were they laughing with him or at him?

What a sad, sorry state of affairs this President has gotten this beautiful country of ours into. It is sad for me that I can't support him or his administration or any of its warmongering policies.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Is he drinking that fire water again? Isn't George W an alcoholic?? Any thoughts on this? Maybe it was speed...or he may be on medication for a knee problem? Who knows?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Bush to me seems to be the epitome of the "Manchurian Candidate." The guy is dazed,confused and seriously wondering just what exactly the hell is going on.

I am not making excuses for the guy,but I seriously think there is tampering going on with him. I really do.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
Isn't George W an alcoholic??

Everyone knows that he's an alcoholic and that he's been 'dry' for more than a decade.

I DO think he's on medication and has been for a while. I don't know what for. But many times during speeches it seems obvious. And when you put a speech he made while gov. next to a speech he made while president .... wow .... he's worse now, while sober.

I think he's medicated.

edited to add -

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I seriously think there is tampering going on with him. I really do.

Me too. Cheney is doing it. That's my guess.

[edit on 3/6/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I watched
and NO, i didnt find anything peculiar in his speech.

I must be getting used to his speech patterns, that wild crazed look, and the non-presidential portrayal he portrays.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I hate to say it , but the mans merely a poster boy, who reads the lines he's given.

while the real ruler of america is dodging bombs in afghanisatn, holding high level meetings with the sauds.. and visiting Australia.

Wether bush has been tampered with, or maniuplated with drugs...

He is not the man making the decisions.

and after watching him bumble his way through his first 6yrs.. its probably for the best..

its just scary thinking who actually IS making them, and what motives he has!

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Agit8dChop]

top topics

join