It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal testing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I hate people. Why should the animals suffer just so we can live a nice life, screw it. I hope everyone in this mother effin world effin dies, mans a selfish basterdd!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by independent loser
I hate people. Why should the animals suffer just so we can live a nice life, screw it. I hope everyone in this mother effin world effin dies, mans a selfish basterdd!!!

Well why dont you start helping by removing yourself from the gene pool. Go feed yourself to the animals.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'll never forget a paper I wrote in college on animal testing. The one experiment that always sticks with me is when they dipped polar bears in oil to see what would happen.

duh !

They got covered in oil, and sick

When a family member needs medicine to save their life, your tune will change. Sad, but true.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultralo1

Originally posted by independent loser

Well why dont you start helping by removing yourself from the gene pool. Go feed yourself to the animals.

LMFAO. How about expanding our gene pool?? *wink*

So you think animal lives are more important than human lives, independent loser?

Almost every medicine is tested on animals before they're delivered to humans, so they can prevent our harm. If you value a rat more than a human, go ahead and sign yourself up for the next PETA protest. Just know that the rest of selfish mankind will not support you.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Lol Peta

My response to this thread:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I swear on my hopeless pathetic life that i would do all that if i could, but right now, i cant, and i dont really care if someone in my family got sick, my so called " family " is falling a part. And i wouldnt really consider it an actuall family per say, more like a small group of depressed people trying to make it through in this #ty planet we call Earth. And i do think a rat is more important than a human, id rather watch a baby die than a rat.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I used to be really for animal rights, back in like 2000-2001-2002...I changed alot.

Now I can't stand animal rights groups. Well okay the ones who want to like rescue dogs and such are fine but its the extremist vegan ones like PETA that piss me off majorly. I hate them about as much as I hate communists, I see them as similar to them; a threat to society that if not eliminated, will try to take over.

But you know what? I have a cat and a dog, and I treat them well. I like them. And my cat wouldn't hesitate to catch a mouse, torture it, then eat it. Humans are not worse than all other animals.

Ants actually wage war on each other and do pretty despicable things to each other. For instance they'll sneak into an opponent's nest and kill the babies to try and kill off the nest.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Animal testing is awful. No one or animal should have to go through extreme pain for another.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
i am at cross road for this

in a sense i feel that its pathetic that these animals should go through such pain just to advance us in science and medicane

but then again those who suffer from disease and so on rely on this to ensure that they live or get cured.

you cant have it either way

condeme thousends/millions to death
or condeme thousends of animals

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I think there is another possible way, but I bet I'm gonna hear about it:

I think that prisoners, especially those on death row, could allow themselves to be tested on in exchange for privileges.

A makeup test, for instance, could be exchanged for something minor, perhaps a TV in the cell or something.

Of course, the privilege of freedom would not be part of the reward system.

This way, no animals are harmed, the testing is done on the correct animal -- why test a rat, pig or dog for something having to do with a human?, and people convicted of really heinous crimes like murder can actually pay back something to society, instead of just rotting in a cell.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How can you say that?? Animals arent like humans, humans have a choice, animals are usually based on their instinct, they cant go to a a #in store and get what they need, ugh # you

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm against animal testing for cosmetic purposes as I think its unnecessary and cruel and without good reason.

Much in the same way I'm against hunting for sport.

[edit on 4/26/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
independent loser - I can appreciate the fact that you are upset and passionate about your views. However, on ATS, we demand our members treat each other with a certain modicum of respect, and a certain decency to language. Kindly refrain from violating this common bond in the future. Rail against animal testing all you want, but treat your fellow ATSers with a bit more respect, please. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
while i dont really see anything wrong with medicines and things of that sort being tested on animals i try to stay away from things like fur coats aligator boots or stuff like that. we shouldnt be slaughtering animals to wear there skin and pay thousands of dollars for it, its just stupid, we're not a ancient civilization anymore, theres no excuse to sport animal hides as fasion. we have things like cotton now!

new topics

top topics

join