It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo Closes: What Is Its Legacy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

With no further Serpo information having been released since August 2006, readers can be forgiven for assuming that, despite several more false dawns, there may now be no more. This is an assumption now shared by myself.

In December 2006, after Victor Martinez had received a number of photos which turned out to be fakes, I first drafted this update page you’re reading now. My intention was to hand this site over to another webmaster, and focus my attention full time (rather than just 95% of the time) on Project Camelot, which supports disclosure and which publishes interviews, free of charge, with insiders and other important witnesses to government secrecy.

So from here on out I'll look back on Serpo with a mixture of fondness and relief. And I’ll be focusing full-time on Project Camelot, a website of comprehensive video interviews with insiders and other important disclosure witnesses.

My best wishes to those who have shown interest in this fascinating story.

--Project Serpo's Final Update

I think we all knew that this was coming. Unfortunately, no new information had been released for over a year. It will always be an important part of UFO lore, that's sure. What do people think is the legacy of the Serpo story in the ufology community?

I think that the story was a snowball of disinformation and confusion started from a pebble of truth. It's a shame that we all can't look more critically at stories like these; maybe then we'd actually be able to make some sort of progress.

[edit on 3/6/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Actually I have really never heard of Project Serpo, but I will read about it.
Thanks for the info!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If you have a few days to kill, you might check out the Project Serpo thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=185069

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well you are right about 'a few days to kill' - I am actually on the website serpo.org and have to say its an interesting read - but (isn't there always a but these days) it seems it could be fictional. If it is true, and they are as benevolent as portrayed in the 'story' that "Anonymous" portrays - why are they abducting humans and subjecting them to various experimentation as many have claimed they do?

or is this a completely different race then the Ebens?
(as far as I know, in UFO folklore the Zeta's are the abductors - and these Ebens are from Zeta Reticuli)

Abducting people unwillingly is not benevolent in nature.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Alas yon Serpo, I knew thee well.

And don't forget the "projectserpo.org" that the ATS people put together, and is still available here -- www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What I find odd is that I never heard back from the DIA on the Project Serpo FOIA request I sent them. They said they were working on it but that was about a year ago.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by classified material
What I find odd is that I never heard back from the DIA on the Project Serpo FOIA request I sent them. They said they were working on it but that was about a year ago.

No kidding. I am interested in filing some FOIA requests. Could you give me the details on how to go about doing it? and how much does it cost?

Thanks!
whoops - never mind! I found it through google at the following:
www.firstamendmentcenter.org...

[edit on 3/6/2007 by kroms33]

[edit on 3/6/2007 by kroms33]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just type FOIA into a yahoo or google search. You'll be able to find all the info you'll need. I've filed and recieved over 80 FOIA requests from just about every U.S. Government agency known to man that could possibly know about or deal with UFO information. Just because you can file a FOIA request, doesn't mean they have to send you anything. If something is classified you aren't getting it. So to send FOIA requests about UFO information hardly ever turns up anything our of this world. They release all the boring stuff.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Just type FOIA into a yahoo or google search. You'll be able to find all the info you'll need. I've filed and recieved over 80 FOIA requests from just about every U.S. Government agency known to man that could possibly know about or deal with UFO information. Just because you can file a FOIA request, doesn't mean they have to send you anything. If something is classified you aren't getting it. So to send FOIA requests about UFO information hardly ever turns up anything our of this world. They release all the boring stuff.

Also, just to let you know they should have gotten back to you in at least 20 days...

FOIA request processing time
Once the right agency (or component of an agency) has received a complete and perfected request, it has 20 working days to respond with its determination of whether to grant the request. If information is denied in full or in part, the agency must give the reasons for the denial by this deadline. If granted, it does not have to deliver the applicable documents within the timeframe, but must do so promptly thereafter.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
They did get back to me. They said they were working on it and that they had a slight delay in responding fully to requests. But I don't think it should take over a freakin year.

20 days means they have to at least send you something. It doesn't mean they have to send you the stuff you request in 20 days.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
For me, the best thing about the serpo case was it got me hooked on ATS. Watching the whole thing unfold and the great work many here on ATS did to uncover the truth was a great inspiration.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

They did get back to me. They said they were working on it and that they had a slight delay in responding fully to requests. But I don't think it should take over a freakin year.

20 days means they have to at least send you something. It doesn't mean they have to send you the stuff you request in 20 days.

I sure hope you get something back LOL watch it be 3000 pages like "Anonymous" was talking about in that book he kept quoting...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Here Lies Project Serpo
A Tale of Epic Proportion, A Cast of Clowns
We lied, deceived and manipulated to the bitter end
November 2, 2005 - March 5, 2007
Rest In Peace and E-N-T-E-R-T-A-N-M-E-N-T

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Serp's Up!

Even though it's one of the best net.dramas I've ever witnessed, I still find myself wondering just what the bloody hell really happened here.

It's like a classic episode of In Search Of, a show I loved to watch but often left me feeling like I knew less about a given subject than before I watched it.

In the case of Serpo, it can be hard to separate the heroes from the goats, assuming that's even possible, and it's not clear that anyone involved in it can even be sure themselves which they might be.

Perhaps most vexing is the fact that once the various layers of obfuscation, bovine manure and drama queenery are peeled away from the Serpo onion, the question of whether or not an alien exchange program of some kind existed remains conspicuously unanswered.

Whether victims, spectators, agents or authors of disinformation, I wish all those who've been touched by the ophidian curse of Serpo well, and pray its scaly coils will never deter anyone from seeking the truth, nor inspire them to accept "percentages of truth" as a substitute for the real thing.

Serpo was quite a ride. I laughed, I cried, I plowed through microwaved popcorn like nobody's business, but most of all... I learned.

What a grand thing the Internet is, indeed.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Can you believe I hardly ever paid attention to Serpo???
It didn't interest me from the beginning. First of all because of the immense hype, and second, because I had a feeling it would be found out to be a hoax.

To me it was a total waste of time.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Majic, you use yer tongue putrier'n a twenty dollar whore.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Can you believe I hardly ever paid attention to Serpo???
It didn't interest me from the beginning.

Same here (kinda). I was a casual observer on that thread, ploughing through the popcorn just like everyone else. I remained open-minded throughout, until that "drawing" came through and the new Anon.

But I feel genuinely sorry for Bill Ryan. I think he was "landed knee-deep in it" as a disinfo agent, and bore the brunt of the community wrath. His support of the Serpo disclosures stemmed from a willingness to get the info out - regardless if it turns out to be truthful or not. I don't think he intentionally led the ATS readership down the garden path. His Project Camelot initiative is chock-full of sincere intent. Project Camelot is his saving grace. Serpo can rest in peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think the legacy is that it was one of the most quickly debunked hoaxes around. Nothing about the tale stands up to any examination, and its "shelf life" in most circles was a month or less.

We made pretty quick work of it here.

Without the horde of believers hanging on every word, the hoax sank without a glub. Had there been a steady stream of belief, we'd have seen more of those ridiculous "reports" and drawings published.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have to admit that it was what got me hooked on ATS as well. Kinda sad because near the end of the saga I was thinking "wow this would make a great sci-fi novel". Too bad that turned out to be closer to the truth.

Cheers to all that was serpo.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Fiverz]

Urn

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
i saw serpo as a balatant hoax from the start, (i tend to take everything with a grain of salt.... i like salt
)

but just like most internet hoaxes (ie: john titor, ted the caver, ect..) they make for a great read...and thats what i take them, and apreciate them for...their entertainment value...

and it was a cool read

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join