It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster than the speed of light

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I saw this and thought it was worthy of sharing

www.cbc.ca...

So they have proved Einstein's theory that nothing can move faster than the speed of light wrong, but they only got light travel faster than light through a special vapor

I wonder what happens to the light when it goes faster than normal? Do the photons change, or do weird things happen?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It almost sounds as though the particles accelerated the photon particles. Hmm...I wonder why this wasn't big news in the US...oh wait...they don't like it when people break the laws of physics!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well its simple i allready explained travel faster than speed of light. Light is charged partice with electric charge on it (like UFO space sheep).
And light is slowed down to speed of light constant C. If you manipulate frequency of light (spiral velocities) than you can catch it 1.7 c or more. They probably didnt mention above speed of c you got invisible (eye cant catch it so it doesnt exist yea sure??).

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Did i metioned that light has also mass and electric charge on it...
It natural phenomen using inertia shield which i explained.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Do you have any scientific data to back up such claims?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yea and I will not repeat it. Data available in INDIGO Child FORUM.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
When it said "vapour... faster than light... forward in time" I started to think about Stargates

Oh you know... Like in the movie it looks like some form of water when the stargate is activated (I don't know if the series are called Stargate or SG-1, but whatever).

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm sorry, let me rephrase that, real scientific data. That is what I am looking for. I am not looking for specualative science and theory, but actual evidence. Since there have been no official documentations on "alien" craft, this is speculative scientific data.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I posted also scientific data for STARGATE project from Air Force Reasearh Lab. It in INDIGO Forum.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Nothing is faster than the speed of light in vacuum, bottom line. There are many limits in nature, this is just one you'll have to accept.

Oh, and don't give me phase velocity either...it's not the same premise.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by T_Jesus
Nothing is faster than the speed of light in vacuum, bottom line. There are many limits in nature, this is just one you'll have to accept.

Oh, and don't give me phase velocity either...it's not the same premise.

Where is your proof? My Cherokee won't go faster than 120, but that doesn't mean someone can.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As far as the INDIGO forum is concerned, do you have a link. Also, is this relavant Air Force Data or a theory like most things here on ATS. As far as physics is concerned, sine the speed of light was broken...with light, doesn't that make the speed of light higher?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
My proof is in Maxwell's equations, where Einstein came up with the postulate...if you knew special relativity, then you'd know that's where Einstein drew his inspiration.

I suggest you also look up all of Einstein's SR equations and note what happens when v exceeds c. You'll notice that it can't happen. The proof is right there in mathematics, where it's usually always hiding...

Unless you don't believe in math, of course.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hey Here is the link the the thread b3rgy mentioned. B3 is actually sharing some very interesting information about alien technology and advanced physics that he has suppossedly hacked from the govt. I recommend everyone give it a read. It was obvious B3 didn't give an appropriate reference to the Indigo human 2.0 thread so I thought I would help him out. Im not surprised of this after reading his posts which can be gramatically frustrating, but still very interesting.
JK
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Electromagnetic field is much more faster than light...

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Leevi]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is old news. They have redone the experiment with all kinds of waves even Sound Waves. And sound only travels a mere fraction of the speed of light.

What is really happening is that the 'wave function' of the pulse is what is traveling faster than light.

No photons are actually moving faster than C

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Photons move but not straight line as you thing. One particle of photon moves spiral path. From point A to point B you can detect C. But can you detect spiral patern velocity 3.14 * C and exponential groving speed.
CERN is in danger.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
I saw this and thought it was worthy of sharing

www.cbc.ca...

So they have proved Einstein's theory that nothing can move faster than the speed of light wrong, but they only got light travel faster than light through a special vapor

Two points... this is an old article (it's 6 years old).

And secondly, the article says they have NOT proved him wrong. His theory states that nothing with MASS can move faster than light. They say that this does support his theory because photons don't have mass.

I wonder what happens to the light when it goes faster than normal? Do the photons change, or do weird things happen?

Actually, it was the wave front that went faster than the speed of light (as was explained earlier.) Interesting stuff, though.

They've also shown this in fiberoptics (in 2005) :
www.sciencedaily.com...

And it can be done basically with the same stuff that you find in any college lab:
www.newscientist.com...

A 2006 article talks about how they make it go faster backwards:
www.livescience.com...

Pretty cool, eh?

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VolatileOh you know... Like in the movie it looks like some form of water when the stargate is activated (I don't know if the series are called Stargate or SG-1, but whatever).

That's because it IS water.

Seriously. That's how they did the SF/X.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Like Byrd has correctly pointed out, this is an old article. Also, no information traveled at faster than c, which is what would be needed to disprove Einstein.

Everyone needs to learn the difference between group velocity and phase velocity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join