It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coke + Raw Pork = Worms! Eerrrrr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I really didn't know where to put this, so if wrong please move mods.

Is this true?

Video.

So if i go out and buy a slab of pork and pour coke over it, will these worms appear?

One in six people in the US and Canada has trichinosis from eating trichina worms which are found in pork. Many people have no symptoms to warn them of this, and when they do, they resemble symptoms of many other illnesses. These worms are not noticed during meat inspections, nor are they killed by salting or smoking.

If you pour Coke (yes, the soda) on a slab of pork, and wait a little while, you will see worms crawl out of it.

Kinda gross, i never knew of this, did you?

External text source here.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Denied]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hmm I'd rather see the full video to show it hasn't simply been edited and they put the worms there themselves. I've never heard of this either, I hope it's not true or porks coming out of my foodchain

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I wont give up pork. I love my bacon! There are worms everywhere. Worms and parasites and mites and bacteria and every night bugs crawl into our mouths and defecate on out tongues. Life is gross. I love it.

Im curious though, what is it in the Coke that causes them to burrow out of the meat? Is it like earth worms digging to avoid drowning in the rain?

If you marinade a chop in Coke then rinse it before cooking is it now relatively worm free?

Or is all of this stupid and if you just cook it like youre supposed to the worms simply become extra protein like maggots in a can of tomato paste?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix
Hmm I'd rather see the full video to show it hasn't simply been edited and they put the worms there themselves. I've never heard of this either, I hope it's not true or porks coming out of my foodchain

It's real. It's called the 'Taenia solium' or Pork tapeworm which can live in the muscle of the pig. It can even be passed to humans and is part of the reason why Muslims don't eat pork.

www.unh.edu...
The pig is the main carrier of the taenia solium worm, which is found it its flesh. These tapeworms are found in human intestines with greater frequency in nations where pigs are eaten. This type of tapeworm can pass through the intestines and affect many other organs, and is incurable once it reaches beyond a certain stage. One in six people in the US and Canada has trichinosis from eating trichina worms which are found in pork.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Two different things, though. You've got your tape worm and your trichina worm. And yes, you can become infected by eating pork infested with the eggs or larva. The reality is that the likelihood of that happening in the US is very slim, especially if you properly prepare, that is cook to proper doneness, the pork.

I've eaten pork my entire life and fed it to my family and we've never had a problem. It would be easier for me to give up beef than pork, and that ain't happenin' either.

Cook it properly and you'll be fine. Some cultures derive almost all their protein from worms and insects. As long as you're not ingesting a living parasite or the live eggs thereof, you'll be fine.

Probably.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is why you cook your raw meat before you eat it. ;]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Heres a better video Groooossssss!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hi, Denied! I refused to watch the video and had a hard time reading this thread lol yech!

Anyway, my husband said that Attack of the Show on G4 duplicated this but nothing happened, no worms. He saw the show, but I just couldn't bring myself to watch and was even afraid to ask him about the results.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
After careful deliberation, I've come to the conclusion that worms are spontaneously generated by the Coke. So my recommendation is, if you eat pork, don't drink Coke.

Maybe.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
BLECHK! That is totally disgusting. I don't regularly buy pork chops or roasts as they are prohibitally expensive where I am. I do buy ham and bacon though but I'll be thinking twice about it now.That was so gross

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'm not convinced. The videos could have been edited and who knows how long the meat was actually sitting out at room temperature. The next time I buy some delicious pork maybe I'll set a little bit aside and conduct my own experiment. Until then it is, fire up the grill and get the KC Masterpiece ready!

www.snopes.com...

[edit on 3/30/2007 by Classified Info]

new topics

top topics

join