It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Feeling - What are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Are any of you ever outside by yourself late at night and just have a feeling like "I need to get in the house NOW!" or you are like in your kitchen or something and just start getting a feeling like "I need to get out of this room right now." What is that? I am 20years old and i get the feeling all the time. Mind you I dont mind going into the darkest of dark buildings or oldest of old building alone after dark.

I just have always got them feeling since I was very little and always followed what my mind/body was telling me and got out of there. Any clue as to what this is?

[edit on 6-3-2007 by ExCloud]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Kinda. Me and dad went outside after dark to see the lunar eclipse. He went back in, but I was outside for a bit longer, and I got really scared so I went back in. But I think that's just because I'm a wuss.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
See thats the thing I am never worried about where I am at ever I can be any place alone unless I get that feeling. I go outside my house to smoke every night(dont smoke inside). Sometimes I go out am about half done with my smoke and just get a feeling saying GO INSIDE NOW!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Maybe you should see what happens when you don't..

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kappo
Maybe you should see what happens when you don't..

I have tried that its as if my mind want to stay, but my body is saying no go inside or no go out of here and I just go. Its like if your out deer hunting and a big buck jumps out as your walking down a tree row and takes off accross the field you know your not going to catch it by running after it, but in most cases you try to anyways. In this case its the opposite its like I am saying no stay but my body is going anyways.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Do you think you could maybe look out a window or something, to see if anything happens when you've gone in?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I get that feeling (and act on it) all the time in certain areas of the house.

One explination is that there really is something that makes me get the hell out of dodge as fast as my legs can carry me...but I also have another explination that I like to believe:

Perhaps I was frightened or experiencing another intense and undesirable emotion in that area of this house. If that was the case my mind may have gone into defense mode and more or less 'red-flagged' the area. With my mind now sub-consciously associating this particular place under particular circumstances to be a no-fly zone it may be causing that wonderful "get the hell out of here" sensation.

But who knows...it may be both, neither or something entirley different.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines
I get that feeling (and act on it) all the time in certain areas of the house.

One explination is that there really is something that makes me get the hell out of dodge as fast as my legs can carry me...but I also have another explination that I like to believe:

Perhaps I was frightened or experiencing another intense and undesirable emotion in that area of this house. If that was the case my mind may have gone into defense mode and more or less 'red-flagged' the area. With my mind now sub-consciously associating this particular place under particular circumstances to be a no-fly zone it may be causing that wonderful "get the hell out of here" sensation.

But who knows...it may be both, neither or something entirley different.

Interesting idea, but I dont have any bad times outside in my smoking spot. All good times to be had there haha. This may work for in the house though!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Something could be happening there in a different dimension.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I dont truly believe in other dimensions. I am wondering if its like a 6th sense. Like if you wait there then something bad will happen or something odd or something. If you leave the area clearing your energy and go inside or whatever the event that was suppost to happen doesnt? I am not sure I know I just really hate the feeling.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Its called being bored and having an incredible desire to leave the house.

I realize you probably think I'm being a smart-ass, but I'm not.

For example. Before I got my new computer, I would sit at home and just watch TV all day on my days off. My friends were all usually at work, so there was literally nothing to do.

So I would sit there on the couch, bored out of my mind until I felt compelled to leave, or go outside, or do something.

You're mind is very powerful. If you desire something as simple as getting out of the house, your mind will give you a reason to go.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Those feeling are caused by one of three things. 1) you sense negative energy warning you of danger 2) your subconcious mind picks up little details your concious mind misses and warns you of something through feelings 3) your mind wants an excuse so it gives you one

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Dont listen to yourself too much. Everyone experiences these thoughts and unless you're in front of an oncoming train, i wouldnt run too fast.

We all have these thoughts- I dont know why. I'm not a psychiatrist, but it could be a little anxiety on our part.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I use to get that feeling while recording in my studio, i would sometimes run out leaving all my equipment still running.I would also get a feelling that someone else was there with me.
Turns out it was a spirit that was attracted to the high amounts of power electrical that is that my stuff emitted.
The only way i found this out was a friend new a person who was psychic and i agreed to have him check it out.

You may want to check this angle out.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Paranoia? Scared of the unknown? I've learnt to block this feeling perhaps that's why I experience nothing 'spiritual'. I guess I'm an 'unbeliever' in the strongest sense

Take care,
- Naz

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Honestly in a sense I am a non-believer. Yes I like to look at pictures and videos. Have I ever seen a ghost nope. Will I probably not because even if I did it wouldnt register as antyhing to me besides a shadow. I love reading the stuff just like I love to read about UFO's have I ever seen one? No do I believe aliens exist yes here on earth no.

I am not really sure of the feeling itself as I go out to smoke next to my garage all the time. Sometimes very very rarely probably 2-4times since I have lived here in the past 3yrs has it happened.(happened the other night thats why I posted it) When i got the feeling and instantly tossed my smoke and ran on inside I thought i should ask about this

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
excloud you are not alone trust me. im 21 years old about to be 22 and since i was a little kid ive got those feelings i think everybody does just some have it more often then others but somtimes i get those feelings like i feel a presence or somehing. i have had some really really intense feelings like if i dont get out something is seriously gonna happen i dont know i sometimes think im a little crazy. but im glad you posted this i feel better knowing im not the only one.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by xHADEEZx]

new topics

top topics

join