It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoagland ran right past the BODY to get the HEAD!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Great point Brad, I think there is something to these pics, also the body resembles not only a burnt skeleton, but maybe petrified as well. The red stripe is strange as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Crimson;

Have you tried to take these pics to a coroner's office and have one of the techs look at them? They might also be able to add some valuable input.

Tom;

Excellent post and discussion.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Its an interesting theory, but just that.

No way to prove it based on the picture. It can be interpreted in many different ways.

As for the overall view we are seeing, what is the distance at what the picture was taken?

Are we looking at a 30 cm head or is it 30 kilometer head. The size perspective would make the theory more plausible.

In relation to the actual size of each item of interest, there seems to be a bit of discrepancy between the head and the body belonging to each other. The body being much larger in comparison.

Unless of course its a relative of 'Beeker' off the Muppet's.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Can you provide us with the link to the original NASA image? I only ask because the red stripe image looks as if it's been highly colourised. Furthermore the source of all this isn't exactly unbiased, they are dedicated to showing that people were already on the moon.

The red metallic stripe is interesting if it on the original NASA image from NASA's own site. Let's not forget the face on mars though, the light caught it just right and made it look more than it was, 3 small bumps which appeared completely different from another angle.

Do strange shaped rocks make proof? Sorry but no, your constant ideas of "rocks don't look like this" seem rediculous. Have you ever seen these rocks:-

You could be forgiven thinking that these were man made, but no they are naturally forming and extremely weird if you have ever been there.

So what about metallic red in rocks?

So it does exist, but does it exist in moon rocks?

This moon rock has a nice reddish brown colour, so it seems possible, and look, it's even on the end of the rock like the one you have pictured. I did think maybe it was the lighting of the room but i can't find another picture.

I have seen many rocks that look like all sorts of things if i spend enough time looking at them. Tom bedlam already explained the medical phenomenon about recognising faces where there are none.

Unless you can provide very clear good photos of an obvious body,cicuit board, wheel etc then i won't be convinced, this is a rock, an unusual one but a rock nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
well first off the red stripe doesnt show up til you start zooming in and then all the colors go nuts. what about the red blue green and orange parts of the backround in those redstripe pics?

poor resolution and color saturation from a photo taken with 1960's tech?

Originally posted by braddman

Secondly, why wouldn't a race of people who are humanoid design something that looks like them. All the robots we design look like us. What's the difference?
[edit on 6-3-2007 by braddman]

even on bad hair days i dont look like this guy, and this type of robot is by far the most common humans build. we build them to be utilitarian, not asthetic.

its good to want to believe, i want to believe. but theres a difference between wanting to believe and believing EVERYTHING.

just my .02

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
Here's a good one. (cue creepy music....)

BABY ALIEN SKULLS!!!

OMG!!

Nope, they're seed capsules from snap dragons.

Those are pretty cool.

One line. One line.

These " look at these rocks " threads are always hilarious.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
quite the pinhead for such a long body but then again, I always thought c3po was in a galaxy far far away, not a hop skip and a fantastical jump to mars.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
A good street hustler could make some serious money with them snapdragon seed pods. Looks like some little moon girl got burnt up with her dolly.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Where's John Lear when we need him?

Interesting photo....I see a head, but nothing else...

Kinda looks like 3PO when he was blown up by the stormtroopers on Cloud City...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
From what I can see, the "head" in the moon pix is probably only a couple of inches tall.

Just another curious simularca that only demonstrates the human ability to give meanings to otherwise random shapes.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by braddman
What is the red metallic stripe on the bottom of this "rock"?

I think it's only a result of the JPG compression.

As the image was turned, you can see that the common JPG squares appear with the same angle as the red stripe.

Also, JPG compression uses colour contrast to increase our perception of shape, using complementary colours to make us see a bigger change in shade. I think that is the reason for a red area just under a greenish area, so we can see better the change in colour. Another red area can be seen just above left of the "head".

Remember also that at that point the image was much altered from the first presented version.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Does this help anyone?

Okay. This is ALMOST it. VERY WELL DONE. Actually you are tracking another OBJECT. I'll show that later.

Look where the LEFT VERTICAL LINE of the "length" indicator he has left for you. THAT is where the head is. You've done exceptional, but have looked too hard, for this ONE thing, however you are NOT mistaken and I will show you why, after we can all get to consensus on THIS.

The HEAD is at the left end of this line. The neck is noticeable b/c of the SHADOW UNDERNEATH IT.

Also...

I should point out to everyone at this juncture. I am almost forty years old. I have been BLIND in one eye for 7 YEARS. I can only see IN TWO DIMENSIONS. THAT is why my "view" is crucial here.

The "turkey" IS the torso. He ID'd the JOINT perfectly. Now, look for the "converse" angles at the joint on the opposite side and you will also note the BALL in the joint itself (side closest to ground).

Imagine that "turkey" being a person laying on their side. Their head is to the RIGHT. The shadow underneath the NECK is a DEAD GIVEAWAY. Moving to the left, you come to the shoulders. BOTH arms are GONE. You can actually trace down the MIDDLE and note the SPINE. Progressing further to the left, you come to the PELVIC AREA. Here you note the BALL AND SOCKET joints that are in place for the "legs". Just a bit to the "right" of the PELVIC AREA is what appears to be "ribs" almost... OR... just METAL blasted and OPENED up as a result of the "impact".

In the lower LEFT corner of the screen, and working back TOWARD the PELVIC area... the remaining LEG can be ID'd as well.

It's NOT easy to see. THAT is why I chose "field personnel" that deal with BURNS to get the photo ID'd and prove, at least to myself, that I wasn't "seeing things".

Again, I'm blind in one eye. As strange as that might sound, it really does give me an advantage. Even though my "senses" and "equilibrium" have acclimated. I still see "2D" better than anybody I know. BUT... I cannot do those kewl prints where you had to look at them "half crossed eyed" to see the colorful picture embedded... remember those? You need BOTH eyes to see that. Pretty weird, eh? LOL!

Anyway...

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Txhunter67
Crimson;

Have you tried to take these pics to a coroner's office and have one of the techs look at them? They might also be able to add some valuable input.

Tom;

Excellent post and discussion.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by CrimsonSaberACTUAL]

That's a really good idea. I have NOT done that, but will. I think that's a great approach. I thought of the firefighters first... family.

Thanks. Also... if anybody wants to do the same LOCALLY that would certainly give us a GREAT field of CROSS REFERENCED EXPERTISE... ALL unrelated too. Now THAT excites me!

Well Done!

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
OOPS.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I see polycarbonate reinforced moon-noodles.

and a bag of skittles.

honeslty Its all french to me. please we are in a energy crisis go make a new power source. we cant run on BS.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDog1974
Where's John Lear when we need him?

Interesting photo....I see a head, but nothing else...

Kinda looks like 3PO when he was blown up by the stormtroopers on Cloud City...

I think he's busy right now. I sent this over to him via email. I've not heard back from him yet. I told him I wanted this out, if he wanted the release, it's his. Didn't hear back... So *voila*.

It's STILL his, as far as I'm concerned. I just found it and gave it back to him.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Great point Brad, I think there is something to these pics, also the body resembles not only a burnt skeleton, but maybe petrified as well. The red stripe is strange as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonSaberACTUAL
Imagine that "turkey" being a person laying on their side.

emphasis added by MrPenny

How about if we imagine it as a big gnarly rock?

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonSaberACTUAL
Again, I'm blind in one eye. As strange as that might sound, it really does give me an advantage.

No, it does not give you an advantage.

You see, when looking at a 2d image on a monitor, seeing it with one or two eyes is the same thing, we only use the difference between what we see with the left eye and what we see with the right eye when there is a difference, i.e. when it's a 3d object and the different distance and angle from the right and left eye gives us (those who can use two eyes) a clue about the distance to the object (and because of the distance, a clue about its size).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join