It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Rushing Resources to Bin Laden Hunt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

CIA Rushing Resources to Bin Laden Hunt

blogs.abcnews.com

Armed with fresh intelligence, the CIA is moving additional man power and equipment into Pakistan in the effort to find Osama bin Laden and his deputy Ayman al Zawahri, U.S. officials tell ABC News.

\"Reports that the trail has gone stone cold are not correct,\" said one U.S. official. \"We are very much increasing our efforts there,\" the official said.

People familiar with the CIA operation say undercover officers with paramilitary training have been ordered into Pakistan and the area across the border with Afghanistan as part of the ramp-up.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I hope this time the actually catch or kill the SOB. However, I wonder what the consequences of crossing into Pakistan are going to be?

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If this is true fine, but what bothers me is why would an intelligence official say something like this to a reporter? Taking it that he is worth a sale as an intelligence officer why reveal this information related to the worlds most wanted man? My gut is telling me that if this source is real it must be as a diversion for some other intelligence operation.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem...My gut is telling me that if this source is real it must be as a diversion for some other intelligence operation.

Correcto mundo. The "officers" are not in on the planning stage, but are executing the plan. They can't find locals to cooperate, the opium trade is competing with the dirty money. So these "officers" have no clue as to what the real gig is, and I have a shiny penny the intent is to destabilize Pakistan.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I really hope the intent is not to destabilise, but I guess it could be.
I was thinking they are just drawing atenchen away from some other operation.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Well, let's see, you have Taliban elements in Pakistan, Pakistan has nuclear power, they have odds with India over Kashmir, their population is the sixth largest in the world, their economy is growing, they could conceivably become a formidible contender for power in their region which flies in the face of Pax Americana, and their support for the other Muslim nations could turn the tide against the U.S. if the U.S. attacked Iran. So at least a shakeup to ferret out the Taliban elements could be in the works, and destabilization as a second option in case the operation goes south. Possibly some student movements could be propped up, a few NGOs, and they would need to only fly into their airports and get down to business, not this jumping out of military airplanes as our public is being led to believe. You know, paramilitary-paratroopers, its all meant to be deceptive.

It is still infiltration no matter how one looks at it, even if the official line is "hunting Osama". Mark my words, in a very short time things are going to heat up there.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This would not be necessary if we didnt have that little detour called Iraq to settle Mr. bush's personal vendetta and greed. I hoep they catch the bin laden and to hell with pakistan's sovereignty, they have signed an agreement WITH bin laden!!!!

[edit on 6-3-2007 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I hoep they catch the bin laden

[edit on 6-3-2007 by XphilesPhan]

Do you still honestly believe that they will catch Bin Laden

This is just a diversion for some other operation that they are carrying out i bet.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Bin Laden has resurrected from the grave? There have been reports from French and Pakistani newspapers that he died a while back, but they have not been confirmed. I tend to agree with the assumption he is dead, because he has been on dialysis because of kidney disease.

archives.cnn.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.thefirstpost.co.uk...

usliberals.about.com...

[edit on 3-6-2007 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
...Perhaps something is going on in Pakistan... but it sounds like disinformation to me...

new topics

top topics

join