It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US draws negative ratings; Canada, Japan best--poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   

US draws negative ratings; Canada, Japan best--poll

newsinfo.inquirer.net

LONDON -- Israel, Iran, and the United States were the countries with the most negative image in a globe-spanning survey of attitudes toward 12 major nations. Canada and Japan came out best in the poll, released Tuesday.

The survey for the British Broadcasting Corp.'s World Service asked more than 28,000 people to rate 12 countries -- Britain, Canada, China, France, India, Iran, Israel, Japan, North Korea, Russia, the United States and Venezuela -- as having a positive or negative influence on the world.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
US & Israel have been rated as the countries having the most negative image in the world as per poll result.

My problem here is everytime the US does good, some nations hardly notice or remembers.

Yet if the US does something bad, it will be sensationalized and will always be remembered. I guess it's not fair for the U.S.

newsinfo.inquirer.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-3-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
If the survey was conducted as stated in the article, by asking people "to rate [] as having a positive or negative influence on the world" it is a basically a "good/no-good" question.

And.. when asked "influence on the world" it's not Paris Hilton or the late ANS that springs to their minds. I guess security is. For themselves and loved ones. Very likely concerns about world peace is at their mind.

So take it as an answer, not what people thing about Americans, but about neocon politics out of Washington.

Not many outside the US buy the bogus of the reason for WOT ...because to most of them it is a war OF terror, that an educated person can never believe in.

It might be a discredit to the mental abilities of American voters.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth

My problem here is everytime the US does good, some nations hardly notice or remembers.

Yet if the US does something bad, it will be sensationalized and will always be remembered. I guess it's not fair for the U.S.

You can't be serious. Not reconized for doing good things? We at one time were a highly respected country. Our alignment and support of countries with human rights violations doesn't help matters either. Notice they too are on the bottom of the list as well

new topics

top topics

join