It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who takes over (when the Overlord dies)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
this is a very simple Question, I don't know the ages of the 3megos, I will be dead in 10 maybe 20 years, (or tomorrow) But my words typed today will live on( maybe ) for ever, so my question is Will ATS still be here, Have you 3 made preparations for at lest the next 100 years, or will it be bought out by AOL?

[edit on 5/3/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It's hard enough projecting the viability of any given Web site for the next five years, much less a medium such as the net for the next 100 years.

For the past four years, ATS has grown and is still growing.

It's not because of me... or Springer... or even Simon, it's because of the collective intelligence of our members.

We are as focused as we can be on the task of ensuring ATS continues to grow and provide our members with a venue to expand their understanding of extraordinary topics.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think that there is an heir to the throne, if you take a look at XPhiles background image, you might see a close resemblance to SO.

I think it is the biggest conspiracy on the board right now....

XPhiles! ----Who's Your DADDY!!!!

see it here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Wow, what a macabre thread!

If SO dies, maybe ATS will be interrupted!

How horrid!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'd figure it'd be SkepticCyb0rl0rd.

Half Man, Half Machine, all L0rd.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think as long as the members keep posting and spreading the word about ATS it will live forever. When and if there is disclosure I feel ATS will have a part in it. All through history people have gone to their next journey only to be more famous in their last. So three Amigos don't worry about the end, just keep doing what you do best and let the future take care of itself. Besides, in the future I'll be logging onto ATS in my flying saucer. You know those long trips get boring if you don't have anyone to talk to.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
[i[Snip

We are as focused as we can be on the task of ensuring ATS continues to grow and provide our members with a venue to expand their understanding of extraordinary topics.

So you haven't made preparations
edit
Please don't get me wrong I wish and hope ATS and all go on and on

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I suggest we take up a fund for cryogenic freezing.
We could even throw in some clubs for them so they could have a round when they're defrosted.

I'm sure Skeptic would love to see the site in a hundred years, but I suspect Simon will be the one that would appreciate the clubs.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ill take up the Hammer!! (choke)

I think there is no real S.O Just a long line of people who've assumed him in the last few years. The original S.O was cryogenically frozen,to protect him from the government,the rest have just been decoys being sent around the world to distract those who wish him ill.

Sorry.I had to.//.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wow. This has been a week full of disappointment. First we hear that Mods are not Gods, and now we hear that the 3 Amigos are mortal... Next you'll be telling me there's no Santa Clause and Bigfoot is just a myth… (If it’s true please don’t tell me. Ignorance is bliss.)

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
From One Mask To Another

Who will take over?

My guess:

The Dread Pirate Roberts

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
what a horrid thought

S.O. dying! (terrible, god forbid, awefull, perrish the thought!)

ATS interupted! (don't even say such things)

Im still predicting that ATS will grow as large as AOL, Google, Yahoo and trump the lot of them.

Of course if the worst should happen we would need someone of as much tecnical briliance as SO so the list would be quite short. But I don't think we should have to worry about that for quite a while.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Am I the only one that know's the true, terrifying secret?

Geez, I thought you had all realised.

Don't tell anyone but SO will not die. He is immortal. He just disappears from place to place and then comes back decades later as his 'son'. I've said too much already, but take heed ATSers, for the undead walk amon...

Overlord, how did you get here so fast? What? No, please! I'm hitting backspace....

No.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

top topics

join