It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Reasons for Worshiping God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
God created the sense of smell. Another reason for worshiping God.

God created the sense of taste. Another reason for worshiping God.

God created the sense of touch. Another reason for worshiping God.

God created hearing. Another reason for worshiping God.

God created vision. Another reason for worshiping God.

God created drawings. Another reason for worshiping God.

God created symbols. Another reason for worshiping God.

God created numbers. Another reason for worshiping God.

Originally posted by GreatTech God created numbers. Another reason for worshiping God.

God created words. Another reason for worshiping God.

God created saints. Another reason to worship God.

God created Angels. Another reason to worship God.

God created the Virgin Mary. Another reason to worship God.

God created the Holy Spirit. Another reason to worship God.

One Question,

Who created God?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MooneyBravo

One Question,

Who created God?

Excellent question, MooneyBravo. When I was a disbeliever almost 11 years ago, questioning the creation of everything, God approached me. I asked Him, "who created you?" He responded, "I AM."

In other words, God has always existed and will always exist. Welcome to the word "mystery" in the dictionary.

All the events before and after this theophany are much more detailed, but that is it in a synopsis.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I just think that at some point some kind of miracle had to occur, or else we wouldn't be here.

Our science says that energy and matter cannot be created or destroyed... So some sort of miracle or physics defying event had to happen at some point.

If something always existed right from the start that would also be a miracle in itself.

IMO, anyway. I just call them miracles, until further notice...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The reasons for worshipping god, in my opinion are these:

Mankind projects himself onto his image of what he thinks god is, so in other words, you have man saying to himself, "If I were god, how would I feel about things?". So you get the idea of a supreme being who loves adoration and being made the supreme center of attention.

Much like the idea of a male god. Males are most often the dominant sex in our society, so god in most peoples minds is a male.

So our reasons for worshipping god is that we would want that if we were a god. Thats basically it, but on the other hand, theres the fear of hell. I think without that, most people would steer clear of religion all together, but thats just me I guess....

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So our reasons for worshipping god is that we would want that if we were a god.

I had never thought of it this way before, but after thinking about it I agree with this.

To me, this goes along with some things in life and the golden rule in general. For example: If I want someone to smile, what do I do? I say something that makes them smile, or I smile at them hoping for a smile in return.

I can't think of any person or entity that would rebuke honest, true, admiration that is free of ulterior motives. There is absolutely no harm in this that I know of. This to me is the foundation of worship which is (not forced like mainstream religion), simply put, communicating your admiration is true worship.

So why worship God? It's a positive thing to do. I'd rather not blame my troubles or the world's troubles on God. Rather take responsibility for my actions and my lot in life. I'd rather appreciate him in error, for what I think/believe he is (which is nothing more than my perception) then think down on him in error. Doesn't mean I am going to say it was Him when something good happens, I'll put credit where credit is due. But at the end of the day... yea

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

God exists and is love. To me, the first and primary reason for worshiping Him.

There is no reason to worship anything other than through fear or reverance. And the fact that christianity looks to the former to try and prove the latter with its dont do this and dont do that. Isn't love unconditional???? Isn't the whole concept of love that you care for something so much that whatever the problems there is still love??? Makes the christian hell a nice place eh??.

[edit to add] And revering things is just as bad due to the subjectivity.

G

[edit on 7-3-2007 by shihulud]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
God loves worship directed at Him. Read the Psalms of the Bible. It has been my personal expereience as well. When I have not worshiped God to the extent that I could have, I felt misdirected or misguided in life. Has anybody else had this experience?

A person assisting a blind person to sense the environment. Another reason to worship God.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A person with hearing assisting a deaf person to sense the environment. Another reason to worship God.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
He has created an environment which enables old men to enjoy them selves by sexually abusing and taking advantage of young girls or boys at ages between 1-16, that is another reason to worship God.

He’s also given life to dysfunctional human beings suffering from severe birth defects that allow them a great life of agony and pain until their sweet pre-mature death release them from this Earth. This is another reason to worship God.

Our loving and omniscient God also gave birth to Adolf Hitler, whom would in the latter parts of his life murder millions upon millions of Jews (thank you God), thus saving us all a lot of headache in the future (just imagine how many Jews there’d be in Israel now if Hitler never had existed). Praise the lord our God!

Amen

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

A person assisting a blind person to sense the environment. Another reason to worship God.

A person with hearing assisting a deaf person to sense the environment. Another reason to worship God.

So god making these people blind and deaf in the first place, is another reason to worship it??? I dont think the blind and deaf person would see (no pun intended) that way.

G

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join