It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney has Blood Clot in Leg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Cheney has Blood Clot in Leg

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Doctors found a blood clot in U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney's left leg on Monday but he was able to return to work and will be treated with blood thinning drugs, his office said.

Cheney, 66, who has a long history of heart trouble, went in for tests after experiencing "mild calf discomfort" following a nine-day trip to Asia and the Middle East that ended last week, his spokeswoman Lea Anne McBride said.

"An ultrasound revealed a deep venous thrombosis or blood clot in his left lower leg," she said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Cheney Blood Clot

[edit on 5-3-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I know what it feels like, had it myself so bad I had surgery.

This is nothing Dick, but a close call. I'm not to pity you, but some day it'll hit your heart or brain.

My doctor says you gotta exercise more, ten thousand steps a day can prevent it, I was told

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Is this a set-up? Cheney steps down so a successor can be appointed for '08?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

More likely to exempt the warmonger and criminal from prosecution. Maybe the noose is tightening - anything to do with the Libby trial. I'm sorry but I feel no sympathy for the man, maybe he should be treated at Walter Reed.

Edited for spelling

[edit on 5-3-2007 by deessell]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Is it possible this blood clot could move to his brain.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Guess it could, but the tendency when you get them in limps is where they most likely will reemerge.

BTW This doesn't even seemed to have caused discomfort. Any (or 90%) long haul air-traveler can be shown having minor clots in limps just after travelling.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Given the insignificance of the medical information --every executive member gets routine checks after long haul travels-- it is quiet suspicious that the publish a trivia like this -- and I bet it's not first time they do findings like this in Cheney.

He should be (probably is) on blood thinning med for life.

But they tell us he goes back to work, and that's were the focus is in this non-story, he sacrifices himself for ... ..?

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Not in detail familiar with his medical history, except for the pacemaker, here it is: (from BBC link)

DICK CHENEY'S HEALTH

Four heart attacks between 1978 and 2000

Quadruple bypass surgery in 1988

Fitted for pacemaker to regulate heartbeat in 2001

Operation to remove blood clots in 2005

He had FOUR clots in the heart in TWELVE years...!!!

His doctor does a good job keeping dead from knockin' his door.

Sure, this guy is at risk, but not anymore than should be suspected from air-travel.

Blood clots - or deep vein thrombosis (DVT) - can be associated with long-distance flying because it leads to inactivity and dehydration.

Clots themselves are not life-threatening but can be dangerous if they become wedged in the lungs or other organs, which can in severe cases be fatal.

A survey done a few years back, showed even young people in their twenties would suffer minor clots in limps following air-travels, without necessary feeling any discomfort they would notice.

So this is nothing... .. He didn't suffer a massive clot causing stroke of the leg.

Like I did ... could have screamed.

I ponder, why this news? ..they want us to worry ..about Cheney...??

top topics

join