It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How real is the Lockheed X-22A

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If the Lockheed X-22A is so real how come there not use on iran at this time .

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
EDIT: Shoot, just researched it and saw that X-22 is different than F-22. Ignore this post!

[edit on 5-3-2007 by BlackWidow23]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The X-22 is very real, but not the X-22 that people imagine and it was not built by Lockheed.

This is the real X-22A from about 40 years ago, the other one is pure fantasy.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
waynos, that looks like it was from Terminator/2/3

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There is a Real X-22! It was NASA X-plane built by Bell Aircraft. The "Flying Disk" X-22 story, is little more then a figment of someone's imagination.

Tim

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The x-22 was a quad tilt rotor right? A really cool machine

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
There is a Real X-22! It was NASA X-plane built by Bell Aircraft. The "Flying Disk" X-22 story, is little more then a figment of someone's imagination.

Tim

Umm i was under the impression that Avro Canada bulit the flying disc but are there 2 diff oned we are talking about?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
Umm i was under the impression that Avro Canada bulit the flying disc but are there 2 diff oned we are talking about?

Yes! You are talking about the VZ-9V Avrocar, That craft was very real. It had a Lift Fan in the middle. Here is a website on the AVROCAR

The Lockheed X-22A being discussed here is a imaginary flying saucer that is supposed to be antigravity powered. Here's ATS main page on this supposed project: X-22A Flying Disk

Hope that helps.

Tim

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Yes! You are talking about the VZ-9V Avrocar, That craft was very real. It had a Lift Fan in the middle. Here is a website on the AVROCAR

The Lockheed X-22A being discussed here is a imaginary flying saucer that is supposed to be antigravity powered. Here's ATS main page on this supposed project: X-22A Flying Disk

Hope that helps.

Tim

Most deffently does thanks for the link. Has anyone ever thought that they may have continued to test aircraft like the Avocar at groomlake etc? To me they seemed to be making head way and then the USAF suddenly pulled the plug. Arg
one of the few times that I really get angry at the USAF for sticking their nose into canadian aviation and killing it.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Look up Weapon System 606A!

They say it was cancelled, but was it?

I leave you to form your own oppinions on this.

Tim

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Look up Weapon System 606A!

They say it was cancelled, but was it?

I leave you to form your own oppinions on this.

Tim

Nice find.
Prob not cancelled

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yo say that Jezza but they say in a link that I found that they were looking into the Avro Car and Weapon System 606A at hte same time and each was eatin up the money now if that cancelled the Avrocar in order to fund the ..... Well I basically just went ahead and solved the riddle my self. its an interesting idea but why havent we seen any leaks are they really that good or did they get further and then deside it was impractical?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Yo say that Jezza but they say in a link that I found that they were looking into the Avro Car and Weapon System 606A at hte same time

I have an old copy of Popular Mechanics from 1995. The cover article is called Flying Saucers Are Real: A Peek Inside the US's Top Secret Flying Disk Research

In that article, it says that the Avrocar was being used to test some of the concepts behind Weapon System 606A. If correct, this would suggest the two projects were linked at some point. Considering that WS 606A has never been fully declassified here in the US, my intuition tells me the research may have been incorperated into another project, probably one that is still "BLack". Considering that the Avrocar was flown in Canada, I wonder if there may have been (and might still be) a secret "Joint" effort between the US and Canada. Our two countries already share an interconnected Defense Network. NORAD, North American Areospace Defense is a single air and space defense network that provides defense for both of our countries. Who's to say it the only defense effort our nations share?

Another thing to look into is the LRV. Yet another Top Secret Flying Disk project.

Tim

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You may be interested to know that my cousin is actually engaged to the daughter of the new head of NORAD in Canada. I havent had a chance to talk to him but I did find out some of his background on fly EA-3's for 7 years and a bunch of other cool stuff that I forget for the moment.

On the subject of the Avrocar you could be right that there was a joint effort between Can and the US at first but I have a feeling that the USAF design branch wanted the talent of some of Avro's people and may have created some (not all) of the problems for Avro in a attempt to create more of a unified "think tank" in skunkworks and Nasa.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Hope that helps.

Tim

I read that link and its obvious it is just more BS. Maybe obvious is an understatement.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Hope that helps.

Tim

I read that link and its obvious it is just more BS. Maybe obvious is an understatement.

Which one?

The X-22A? It sure is! The X-22 is someone's imagination gone nuts.

The VZ-9V Avrocar is a very real aircraft.

Firepilot, which link are you saying is BS? Please clarify your reply, I posted two very different links.

Tim

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
X-22 antigravity fighter disk

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Fire Pilot,

I agree with you 100% on that! Someone probable invented the X-22 story for attention. I have a few theories, but I'm not going to name suspects here.

Tim

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
awww why not? come on Ghost if your afriad of backlash U2U me then. The X-22 avrocar link is pretty neat and the project end both very open ended which for sure created some of the speculation on the UFO creation by USAF and possibly the Canada connection. The guys that did work on the AVRO projects where crazy skilled and got sucked up by the US for their highest black projects and NASA.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This Aircraft is real. In a conversation with another ex-Air-force (Special-ops air force sniper) I know it sounds hokey. But that is how I got onto the track. He was tying to tell me how stupid we all are about the latest spy technology. He - after a very long conversation told me that the araura project was the way they had been geting intel for years. I went to look for information in this regard. As I investigated I came across the X-22a. I asked him about it. without even blinking he told me about the project and went back to what he was doing. He called it "Sub-orbital" I thought that it was capable of space flight. But he admitted that it was an "anti-gravity" craft and well known.
It was used in Desert Storm. How Do I know? Okay this will bring you laughs. I dated a woman in the Airforce that was in a group based out of Germany which directed Air-force attacks. Check this out with your buddies you will find that this is real information. When I asked her about the information that I had learned and asked if this craft was used. all she would say was that should would not deny that the information that I knew was correct.
I have had other conversations with Ex-Air-force personnel and gotten the same response. They know about it. It doesn't even seem to be that big of a secret among them.
GO and find them and ask them yourself you won't be disappointed.

top topics

join