It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Just Walter Reed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Not Just Walter Reed

news.yahoo.com

Substandard living conditions found at the Army's flagship veterans hospital likely exist throughout the military health care system, the head of a House panel investigating Walter Reed Army Medical Center said Monday.

"This is absolutely the wrong way to treat our troops, and serious reforms need to happen... immediately," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I hope when they are done with their investigation of the hospital system and needed repairs and reform are underway, the panel will then turn its attention to how veterans are treated once released from the system. This article reveals disturbing information about that facet of treatment, as well.

Staff Sgt. John Daniel Shannon, who lost his left eye and suffered traumatic brain injuries from a rifle wound, said that after he was discharged from Walter Reed, he was given a map of the grounds and eventually found his way to outpatient quarters by wandering around and asking for directions.

Then, he says, he "sat in my room for a couple of weeks wondering when someone would contact" him about continuing treatment.

"My biggest concern is having young men and women who have had their lives shattered in service to their country ... get taken care of," Shannon said.

If they can't offer proper assistance with outpatient treatment, how are they taking care of those with ongoing needs that have been released from care?

I wholeheartedly echo the sentiments of Staff Sgt. John Daniel Shannon.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You know this brings me memories of an Dependant study on the veterans hospitals conditions about two years ago in which it was shown how doctors on pay roll where never to supervise the residence doctors in training and the way that the patients were complaining about the conditions.

Now is not longer old veterans now is our soldiers coming from Iraq fresh wounded. . .

The problem has been around for a long time but nothing was done to fix any of it.

new topics

join