It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your zombie survival plan?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
hey i was wondering if any martial artists ever think about z-day. during training martial arts techniques become part of your primal instinct especially when practiced using traditional training methods. would a zombie virus deactivate the muscle memory of martial artist with 10+ years of training? all joking aside, what if ip man rises out of his grave?
edit on 24-12-2010 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I already have a copy of the "Zombie survival guide" by Max Brooks,you know just in case

Seriously now:
1)Make sure doors and windows are perfectly covered with metal
2)First chance get a lot of supplies in food and water
3)If zombies are drawn to loud noise i will make sure that the church bell will not stop hitting,that will drive them away from my house.
4)Get a shotgun and other weapons from the local police station(if the policemen have turned into zombies will not need them anyway)
5)Follow all the rules from "Zombieland"

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
okay my zombie survival guidelines are

1. become a light sleeper
2. sleep with a katana by your side.
3. sleep with a colt m-4 .22 rifle or a mosin nagant with a 4x scope (cheaper than the colt) against the nightstand
4. learn to manipulate the terrain with these weapons and kill as many zombies as you can. ammunition for both firearms is realatively cheap.
5. collect and procure melee weapons as the days pass by. train with them well.
6. when doing a zone and sweep mission against zombies always carry enough explosives to create at least a 100 yard kill radius with easy detonation.
7. pray to god that you'll never use it
8. a damsel in distress can become a bloodthirsty adversary
9. burn the dead
10.burn 'em high

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I also have a very related topic thread i created. I would have Springfield XD 45ACP pistol, Zippo lighter,Monte Carlo ONE cigarettes,Remington 1100 Tac 4 shotgun, Vw Crafter van with lift, snow plow, generator, propane, gasoline, wood, an Axe, Machetes, as much ammo as possible (even if not for my guns,For trading), crow bar, batteries, 4 cots, Blankets, Shallow pot, Fruit and vegetable seeds, Plastic planting pots, Molotov cocktails, Raman noodles, as much alcohol as possible.

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
dude the outbreak been happend..open your eyes!!! zombies are all these ppl walking round with no brains they mine as well b dead.. all these zombie games and movies are instinctive language about the stupid ppl with no minds.. the UNDEAD.... your best survival method is to wake up n smell the coffe my brother...

ur neigbors coworkers and all the other stupid ppl who live thru the controlled media are zombies.GRRRRRRRRRRRR

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PublikOUTLAW

no they are actually just retarded. people say "oh you would never know what to do" we all keep talking about what we would do. "you couldn't bring yourself to kill a zombie cause they look kinda human" show me a person walking around with a massive chunk of flesh missing, blood spurting out out said chunk who is eating human flesh and don't call them a zombie. i will dare you to give them a hug and a handshake. there is a difference between a zombie and a retarded yuppie.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
if everything i've learned from zombie movies is true, then i'll probably just walk around like normal. if any of them get to close i'd probably just casually push them over.
thoguh i think a zombie apocolypse would be cool, it'd be more comical than scary.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Not sure if I've answered earlier on this thread, but my plan would have a few key components.

1) Gather supplies (weapons, food, water, seeds, medical, construction, communication, power, etc.)
2) Gather allies (different skillsets)
3) Get a boat
4) Head for an island (one large enough to have some crops, but small enough to patrol, defend)

Fighting zombies in melee combat (hand-to-hand) is the LAST thing on my agenda. What you never see in these movies, is that even a DROP of bad blood can mean your end, so the LAST thing I want is spraying infected blood all over the place like some kind of Rambo....

DISTANCE, DISTANCE, DISTANCE is the key, and then keeping them OUT, OUT, OUT....

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
but what about certain things that are ingrained into muscle memory through hard physical training? for example, hapkido, a korean martial art which techniques are practiced until the martial artist can do them perfectly and on instinct without fail. what kind of effect would a zombie virus have on this type of muscle memory?

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
My plan is to stay hidden at certain times and hunt at certain times. Don't get bit, scratched, or spit upon. Refine your weapons, practice with your sword, and meditate in that chaotic world.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Gear up,sharpen my 3 blades, stick to my self and stay in the shadows. dont get involved with anyone or group. keep moving and never settle for a place to hide. id also have tons of fun effin with the zombies. like strapping on the leather studded coverings and a glove full of metal and smashing some skulls. id have fun

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hello All

I think the common mistake that people make in all the zombie movies is this:

They wait until the zombies get together in a large mass.

My feeling is that to stay safe and to keep the family safe you must go and hunt them down and not let them mass up. Since sound is a common way to attract them, you can use it to pull them away from you in order to get a breather, resupply and such. Then again fromm long distance gun them down and keep roaming until your area is wiped clean.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
i would draw them into one large trap something like punji stakes with feces and Lyme. also a powder detergent/gasoline mixture to put in a firetruck woould make it to where you can just park it, spray 100+ yards down with thickened gasoline and do a team america world police "i'm a smoker" cigarette flick and boom! the whole town square is up in flames while i'm riding a harley outta dodge. it may take time for the walking dead to burn, but they can spread fire to my advantage

link   
i would draw them into one large trap something like punji stakes with feces and Lyme. also a powder detergent/gasoline mixture to put in a firetruck woould make it to where you can just park it, spray 100+ yards down with thickened gasoline and do a team america world police "i'm a smoker" cigarette flick and boom! the whole town square is up in flames while i'm riding a harley outta dodge. it may take time for the walking dead to burn, but they can spread fire to my advantage

link   

link   

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
My Zombie Survival Plan:

1. Grab 12 passenger 1 ton van *(totally built like a tank anyway)*
2. Armor Vehicle.
3. Hit the road as the vehicle in question always has a full tank of gas.
4. Head towards northern TN where my parents have a place quite literally up a mountain.
(there place takes roughly 8 hours to get to because it takes almost an hour to get up the mountain, one road in one road out.
5. As I'm traveling acquire guns, ammunition, and medical supplies as I travel.
6. I always have atleast 1 month of food on hand not including frozen goods so food should not be an issue as I'm only planning on going several hours and then holing up.
7. (I don't know why no one has though of this in the movies) Dig a moat at the edge of the property, like a deep one about 30 feet deep with sheer sides so that climbing out is not an option. Add big pole spikes just to make it more deadly. Then build a barricaded wooden fence behind that. (We have plenty of cedar trees on the property in question so it would just be a matter of getting it done)
8. Further fortify with booby traps of all types from the edge of your property all the way up to a reasonable line where you can still have a functional yard for kids to play in under extreme supervision etc....
9. Keep an eye on birds and weather patterns as both of these can spread disease.
10. Kill all animals on sight as they might be carriers.

Extras....Water Purification Tablets, Extra Fuel In either durable thick plastic or steel containers, high grade face masks to keep diseases out of your lungs and mouth, Extra Ammunition for whatever type of guns you either know your "stronghold" has or that you acquire,

Note: Do not just become friends with strangers, pick them up, and incorporate them into your group. Me and my family have discussed this at length, NO OUTSIDERS ALLOWED ON OUR PROPERTY,
1. We have prepared they have not, therefore not necessarily our responsibility to take care of those who did not think ahead.
2. Outsiders would turn on you in a heartbeat as they have no longterm loyalty to you, even friends who you've known for a few years if it meant their child surviving vs you surviving who do you think they would trip into a hoard of zombies in a flash? Family only is the best policy if you have the option.
3. You don't know someone til you live with them and it's much easier to live with family then someone you don't really know anything about. Who could end up being a former psych patient with no meds or an ex convict.
Not a bad person to have on your side if their brand of crazy is aimed at zombies, but let's face it Zombie Apocalypse Land is a high stress environment if their brand of crazy gets turned against you, not good....

Stick with people you know and trust well...preferably with little to no family that way they have no one to betray you for. I.E. It may seem a bit cold but if there are more than one family with small children, sure it's great that they have someone to play with again however it's probably best to part ways. Because when it comes down to it, whether it's over who's kid gets to eat the last turnip, who gets turned over to marauders with guns, or who gets tripped into the zombies, everyone's attitude is always "not me or mine" "Me first." etc.....best not to have that kind of potential conflict in an already extremely high stress situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join