What's your zombie survival plan?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
living on the west coast, its a very populated area, but thankfully it has many geographical features that would make surviving a zombie outbreak easy. forests could be turned into tree forts with enough prep, tall buildings (malls, grocery stores, hardware stores) even houses and cellars could provide ample shelter for a long-short term outbreak. the main thing would be, not to come into close contact with them, as mentioned a million times over and over, fluids are deadly. imho, the best armor would be some sort of mail/leather combo like the knights of old. both very minimally restrict movement and would be sturdy enough to ward off zombie bites. fire would be useless as it would burn down your shelter, and prove ineffective at stopping zombies unlike in the movies. the decreased brain function would make them immune to fear and maybe even distractions, save large explosions and loud noises, like an animal. the most important thing for inner city survivors is to get the hell out, as high population cities are always targeted for attacks, and zombies travel in packs. main streets are the enemy as are housing tracts. the safest bet would most likely be a low density field out in the countryside, where a peramiter could be maintained and observed. "shoot first, ask questions later" would prove a waste of ammo, but may save your life from raiders,mercs, and/or zombies. the most likely weapon would be one of two things: any round the police/military carry, or .22 as it is the highest velocity round with the least amount of weight. .22 rifles are very easy to maintain with a basic knowledge of operating mechanics. shotguns would be ineffective, unless a slug round was used, and than it may be better to use a mele wep anyway to prevent blood spatter, and risk infection.

for those on the move, the .22 rifle is very light and wouldn't weigh much, leaving more room to carry more vital supplies like water, ammo and food in that order. bottled water would have to be the primary source, because in any disaster situation, i wouldnt trust the water sources anymore. animals may be safe to eat, as the virus seems to not effect them, but its always good to be safe, and eat your vegetables. the less contact a person has with the zombies is better, significantly lowering the chance of infection, or death. always carry a form of death for yourself, weather its an extra bullet, a grenade, or pills. its best to travel in groups no smaller than 2, but no larger than 4, to prevent too much commotion and also less heads to watch out for, allowing more concentration on the approaching horde. daylight travel is preferable, just for the simple fact you can see where you're going, and don't have to worry about a flash light as much, and that will draw less attention to yourself. sleeping at night is best on an elevated location with no walkable entrance, get high up, and make sure you have to climb at least twice, to prevent zombies from reaching you while you sleep.

in large communities or settlements traps would be ideal, ied's, pitfalls, boobie traps of any kind to alert you to an attack, and to slow the progress of one. make sure your entrance and exit points are well monitored, and guarded. hallways also make great choke points and can be trapped easially

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I always imagined that I would be dead quite quickly in a Zombie attack as I live right near the very center of London

I can only think of a few advantages that I have.

1. I live on the third floor of a building and have bars on my doors and windows because it's kind of a rough area (It might actually be made a lot safer if Zombies ate some of the local teenagers)

2. There is an abandoned ww2 shelter about half a mile from my house that has huge metal doors /. ventilation shafts etc and isn't that well known among the locals, I have no idea if I could even get through the doors in the first place though.

3. There are lots and lots of food shops right across the road.

My big disadvantages though are.

1. I have no weaponry at all, I have no idea where to get a gun, the most I could come up with as a weapon is pointed looks and sarcasm.

2. I have a convertible cloth roof sports car so thats not exactly going to be great for driving through Zombie hoards

3. It takes me about 2 hours to drive anywhere even remotely rural and thats just in normal London traffic

I don't really fancy sitting in this flat slowly dying from starvation so I guess my only option is to run screaming into the open and take down as many as I can before I get ripped to pieces

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Don't know if that was meant serious or not, but I think that was probably one of the funniest accounts of zombie non-survival, I've read.

Lol.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
One thing is clear, you're the next generation of zombies. Christianity promises that all the dead shall be resurrected so you might want to refigure the number of zombies you'll be facing. Who the zombies are is another issue you need to face before your "trial by Fire." family, friends. loved ones, etc. I notice a lot of you plan on stealing what you need and want. You are going to have to face the legal owners of that property, the police and eventually the military and they are already prepared. Running off to a place you are unfamiliar with is the surest way to die first. One thing that you must determine is what is the force reanimating these zombies...If its GOD doing it, you're screwed. Putting a hole through a zombie skull is pointless, the brain has long since jellified.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
in my opinion one of the first things to go are the police and military. they do not train to be effective against zombies and will most likely go for body shots and waste a significant amount of ammunition to figure out how to shoot zombies in the head. if zombies happen to be an act of god, thats fine but even if their brain were to turn into jelly it would still have minimal activity until brain matter would seep out through any holes made in the skull. it's like when a battery overheats and bursts. there is this huge mess and the battery is useless. if zombies happen they wont be animate for very long but the human population will dwindle to pretty scarce. but back to police and military... police and military will work for the highest bidder. if you have money, you have protection. if you don't then you fend for yourself. i as one human being with knowledge of rugged terrain, herbs, and the ability to fish and hunt, will not only be able to effectively elude zombies on foot vehicle or horseback, will also find other like-minded individuals who have the means to fend for themselves. meanwhile, when the people in metropolitan areas are succumbing to acts of corporate government, me and other zombie Apocalypse refugees will be living in the wilderness surviving like ninjas or highlanders, or ninja highlanders.

also i think the police and military will also be defeated by guerrilla armies. guerrilla armies have defeated government armies before.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by rockoperawriter]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Do you mind coming to London to save my butt if I give you this avatar I just made

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

What if your precognition is inaccurate? What if whatever reanimated the zombie in the first place keeps reanimating them? Every one you "kill" is brought back and each human that dies becomes a zombie too. Decapitation would seem the most effective control technique, the bodies would still aimlessly roam around but they couldn't infect anyone. Regardless of how many you make useless you would still become a zombie at your death. Even the Creator realizes that the earth would have to be destroyed to effectively remove the unused dead.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i live in the u.s. where not only can you only own a gun, but you can carry around a 2.5 lb cross peen hammer. i have one in my car. i am an amateur blacksmith so i have a few household items with me at all times that are pretty useful in a forge and against z-day situations. yep there will be streets lined with corpses with brains erased from their zombie skulls and should this be an act of god these corpses will say that he has left my grounds and forsaken me. decomposing bodyparts also make fertilizer. so if my family dies they will become the trees upon my hill making their purpose in death a noble cause in feeding mother nature. but i will not plant food because this may spread the virus. if you are in London during z-day i believe you would have more success finding a boat than i would. you should come and survive with me

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyTheBear

I'm with you there. Zombies are no match for me while I'm wearing Henry VIII's armour. I might need to gain a little weight first though

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
as long as i have a hammer i can do just fine myself

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You gotta see Zombieland....Bill Murry's Cameo is too funny.

.....Just remember double tap!!!

www.zombielandrules.com...

[edit on 29-8-2010 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
This has been a fun thread, but it has run its course in Survival Techniques.

Thread will be moved to Folk Tales Urban Legends.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

First off i live out in the middle of nowhere so i doubt the zombies will find me but in the unlikely case they do then i will immediately get out my Desert Eagle .50 caliber handgun and start shooting.Believe me i wont have to shoot the zombie in the head i can shoot it in the knee and the head will still explode.Though the downside is the .50 cal doesnt have many rounds so i will have to bring extra magazines.Its also a good thing i'll be carrying my sawed-off pistol grip home defense 12 gauge shotgun and a machete and possibly a axe.But that plan is just for close combat.The problem with shotguns are headshots are extremely difficult unless you use a slug but then you sacrifice range for power.Ive also been storing lots of non perishable food and water in my underground basement so proper nutirtion wont be a problem.Ive put a lot of thought into this not necessarily for zombies but for multiple scenarios ww3,shtf,global ecanomic meltdown,natural disasters and many many other possibilities.I encourage everyone to start preparing.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I have the solution to the zombie challenge from a reputable source.

Volume 13 of the Bathroom reader page 307

Feed red pistachio nuts to a zombie -- it will break his/her trance and allow him/her to die.

There now every one run out and purchase about 10 pounds of nuts and keep them in many areas for easy distribution to said zombies.

You will not even have to leave your safety of your home you could leave bowls of nuts outside the doors and windows.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I forgot to add this is a non-violent solution for the passivist who just can not imagine smashing the brains out of a dead person to save their own lives and becoming a zombie themselves.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
how about a flamethrower? not only can you stop zombies from moving but during times where there are very little zombies around, you can place boobie traps throughout the place, as long as you keep hitting them with a flamethrower, the fire can spread, and they might set fire to perhaps a gasoline flooded street leading to propane tanks.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Two of my friends are left for dead fanatics and they've agreed in the event of a zombie apocalypse I can tag along to their plan, which is cool.

I would probably take the weight thingy (barbell?) and get moving with them towards a police station with plenty of weapons, if zombies really are attracted to pipe bombs then it shouldn't be too hard to survive a while.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
First of all, to those who believe zombies don't exist.
Don't fool yourselves. Zombies come in many disguises. Some are decaying dead creatures, some wear blue helmets and some crawl up to your door moaning....."We're from the government and we're here to help".

Second of all. Something I always worried about and was never discussed in the movies or seemed to be an issue.
Usually they say it's a virus that re-animates the dead. If that's the scenario then be careful with firearms up close and especially melee weapons. one drop of blood or gore in your eye your infected. It won't take a bite to do it.

Third:

I live in a 2 story house with the lower story being cement block. Taking out the 2 sets of stairs leading to the 2nd level makes it very secure.

Since I am a prepper I have a year supply of food stored and a "few" firearms. I also have around 10,000 rounds of ammunition so I could hold out for quite a while. I could sit on my front porch (2nd story) and shoot all day with the 10/22 (have 5,000 rounds of .22) which is plenty to take out the brain from a safe distance.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Did anyone see the 6 reasons a zombie invasion would fail on cracked.com? Just pig out in a 2 story place with a machine gun and some buddies. You'll be fine.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Get on the second story of any building and break the stairs...

Romero zombies can't parkour

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join