It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your zombie survival plan?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
im playin alot Call of duty 5 Nazi Zombies with my friends...hope is fun in real life like in th e game XD

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Hmm, according to the zombie survival guide, flammables are not good. They just create walking flaming zombies which can ignite you or any gasoline you would use for fuel.

My plan is to avoid all communal locations, yes including military bases. Attach a silencer to my mini 14 and take a handful, only a handful of friends and family to the port where we would take a cruiser or a small quiet boat to an offshore oil rig and wait it out. Oil rigs have their own power supply and food, and ways to get fresh water, you could hole out there for awhile.

The reason why im taking a mini 14 with a silencer is because its a semi auto, no wasted bullets with aiming, and the silencer to reduce noise. Shotguns, machine guns, desert eagles, firing those would alert every single zombie in the vicinity because they can hear it.

For those who would take shelter on land based encampments, the guide says to go to arctic tundras where the zombies would literally freeze in their footsteps. Food and survival might be harder there but you are pretty much safe. Good zombie traps would be silent ones, no explosions. Pitfalls with pikes are good ones for keeping a weakpoint somewhat defended. Also rockfalls work well and have unlimited ammunition if you are on high ground.

A secondary place to hole up would probably be a prison, granted that it is abandoned.

places to avoid are.. this is pretty long.
Malls, marshes, swamps, 1 story houses, military bases, police stations, schools, deserts, forests (unless you can build a treehouse community REALLY fast), any buildings with more glass than concrete (car retail places ect), the city, airports (everyone will try to get there to catch a plane to somewhere else), racoon city.

The book also mentions that you should avoid very close ranged weapons such as katars, daggers, brass knuckles, and the like.
It also suggest that sharkmail would be a good choice for armor because it isnt as heavy as most full body protection and has vents for your body to breath while you are running.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
How About Water-fueled Armored Car With Machine Gun Turret that being Remote Controlled From Inside?

[edit on 15-12-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
My Plan:
Step 1: find supply i *will* need- castiron pan(cooking and weapon), food, first-aid, matches and hairspray(for fire making and a makeshift flame-thrower), a cell phone, and finally a car.
step2: ride to the nearest pawn shop and find knives, bear-traps, still working cannons, and a little red wagon.
step3: go to store and loot soda, pie, ice cream.
step4: use these supplies to creat extremely weird zombie kills for entertainment.
In a land of zombies you can't be bored or you wiil die.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'd probably board up my home and stay there for a few days to let all the chaos die down a little, then head to the corner shop where I live and get some supplies and sweets for morale.

There is a gun shop where I live but God knows what it will be like in there. I might peek through the window though to see if there's anyone or any guns left in there. Then after that i'll head back home and start to plan my next move which will probably be scouting in different houses to see if theres anything useful in there.

There are a few houses where I live that look pretty secure, and there are farms in my area which might have guns if the gun shop is too dangerous to enter.

There's also a boat up the road from my house and the coast is about a 30 minute drive away. The roads will probably be full of abandoned cars but it's worth a try.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I would look at the matter at hand and would try to see the bright side. I would then establish or create a Human Pizza Delivery Service and get in on all the munchies habits that zombies have. I think it's called "Insatiable" desire for human flesh. Well, I say why not sell them some wings and hot cheesy pizza or well whatever can be delivered in under 30 minutes by someone driving a delivery car with lots of guns and dynamite to ensure their deliveries are not impeded by all the other jealous zombies that didn't order and are going to try and rip off the delivery boy for the food being delivered.

Home delivery for Zombies not wanting to get out and chase down their food. It could be a good part time job and it would take your mind off of the whole world gone insane ideology that always comes up when there's no one left but zombies to contend with.

Anyway, just think about it. I think it could be a money maker and besides, zombies just want to eat your brains to gain your knowledge.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There's an old-school 1950's abandoned prison nearby. The walls are good, the interior is dusty and you know, abandoned. First order of business is gather grab my weapons, bottled water, canned foods, seed packets, and a few bags of lime I have, and pick up friends and family. Most of my friends have the same things I do
Then we'd all head out to the prison and get inside (we already found a way in
). Luckily the prison is away from any major highways and only very few streets nearby, mostly orchards around it. We'd hole up, plant the seeds, and relax until it all blows over.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I always thought it would be funny if an old man with dentures got turned into a zombie. Then he loses his dentures, and hopelessly trys biting people in hopes for a brains-dinner, to no avail, as his gums are not sharp enough to penetrate skin.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
1) get an ak-47 or a saiga-12 shotgun
2) pack water, some food, an ipod (i want to listen to tunes when i kill zombies), a digital camera (to show off my sick headshots), knifes, nades, pistol(s) etc.
I would either travel or go to a hunting store like Cabelas because in Cabelas you have food (MMMM BEEF JERKY!!!), water, plenty of guns, ammo, and grenades. Sleeping equipment etc.

Thats it

P.S. if i am not lazy i woild look for survivors ( if tehre is any
)

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm glad you posted since my partner and I were chatting about this as a 'what if' scenario just the other week. Since in the UK guns aren't legal, that's out for me. BUT, here's what I'd do...

Ensure I maintain my fitness and stamina through my regular running and gym training - important as the time may come when I have to outrun them! My cottage is in a small village and is secure on all sides with several feet thick walls. We also have a 10 foot wall surrounding our outer courtyard and a secure lockable wooden gate.

I'd ensure we had several months supply of powdered milk, water (the supply would probably go off), tinned food, dried food, candles and gas cylinders for cooking/heating. Myself and my partner would hole up for that time with our dog and try to keep quiet (not hard with the power probably off).

If said zombies penetrated the wooden gate and managed to smash through the front door, we'd escape through the skylight in the bathroom onto the roof - since the roof joins the adjoining two properties, we'd have a good chance of staying up there to collect ourselves, then jump down when safe and head for one of our cars and make our way somewhere much more remote and safe.

I have to say, I would be almost as wary of surviving humans as marauding zombies. Desperate times..

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i'd simply start raiding the vending mchines, medical marijuana centers, military bases, erotica stores and have all my friends convoy with their vehicles. by some coincidence the friends of mine that drive all have trucks or vans. the next phase would be to stock up on gasoline to make some napalm. if you get zombies with napalm, it burns them longer than gasoline

[edit on 13-6-2010 by rockoperawriter]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
i wouldn't even take the situation seriously (especially if they were slow dumb zombies). i live in the south and everyone i know drives a jeep or a truck so i would call all of my friends get a ass of weapons and go out and have some sadistic fun all the way to mexico where the heat would make the zombies decay faster

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
R4t''s Zombie apocalypse survival kit:

1>full body anti-shark chainmail suit
2>Sword
3>helmet with waterproof visor to prevent blood splater to get in eyes/mouth and get infected.
4>vodka
5>lots more vodka.....

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
my zombie survival kit

katana

wakizashi

assorted small arms (shotguns, rifles, small, light/ heavy machine guns)

marijuana, wine, whiskey, vodka.

large meathook

nothing says "come get some" like a good pair of demonia boots

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
my zombie survival kit

katana

wakizashi

assorted small arms (shotguns, rifles, small, light/ heavy machine guns)

marijuana, wine, whiskey, vodka.

large meathook

nothing says "come get some" like a good pair of demonia boots

How could I forget sweet marie jane!!!!!!!!!!!! You and I would get along great.... LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
what would be a better boobie trap for zombies? punji trap or whip trap? a punji trap is a hole dug in the ground about four feet and has spikes coming out from the bottom so that when the zombie runs over the hole he is temporarily immobilized and may get a spike in the eye. i play a lot of shellshock 1 and 2 and every time i think of zombies i think of boobie traps. mary jane is a good little reward but keep your guard up and get high in a tower where zombies can only get in two ways.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
but after all is said and done i plan to rock!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
LOL. I would first bring some of my friendz and family in the Bay Area or Northern California.

Get a bunch of weapons including a bat, chainsaw, guitar, snipers, heavy weaponary, a few tanks, paintball guns, bow and arrow, some homework, a pair of shows that have spikes to kick their buttz, a flamethrower, AC-130s, etc.
My ipod with some sort of regenerator with loud music to kill zombiez. Umm, marijuana and some video games incase we get bored killing zombiez lol. A large entertaining room for everybody (not including zombies).

Well I have a long list lol. But it'll be nice living next to a couple of farms with a huge mansion with zombie proof electric fences then later trap zombies to taunt them a little lol.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by uglybattle]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
lucky me I live in Canada... I only need to hold on for the summer, winter will take care of the rest... Playing hockey with frozen zombies head sounds like a nice post-apocalyptic Xmas plan

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
that and you could play celebrity zombie head chess

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join