It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your zombie survival plan?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
WHY hasnt this thread been MOVED to BTS?

BTS is the place for having a laugh and goofing around with pretend issues.....not ATS

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would load up my kids plastic sled and harness up a dozen or so
poodles and head north. Zombies cant handle the cold. But not too far north. I cant handle the cold either. I would make my way through northern Canada and head to the closest coast. Acquire a boat through less then legal means and make a long trip to a small tropical island somewhere. I would invite all the good looking woman I met along the way and invite them to my tropical island paradise and maybe a couple other guys so the gene pool doesn't get too watered down.

Then while on my little island I would lay back and watch the sunset while dreaming about the crappy life I left behind in Nebraska.

Hmm this actually sounds like a good plan. I'm leaving now. Bye everyone.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Being from Canada (already a cold climate) I would also head north to where it is -40 degrees C for 9 months out of the year. Goold luck getting to me you zombie bastards!! lol. I'll wait until you freeze solid then come by with a shovel and bust you into a million pieces.

Heres a good video to start with
Zombie plan

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Heres a good video to start with Zombie plan

LMAO, Red Vs Blue Zombie plan

Brians, I want to eat your brians hahahaha

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Berzerked

Yeah, I loved that skit so I had to adopt it as my own way to deal with the zombie problem. lol

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
WHY hasnt this thread been MOVED to BTS?

BTS is the place for having a laugh and goofing around with pretend issues.....not ATS

Because some people truly believe that zombies will, one day, somehow over run the earth...and take their zombie plan seriously

I guess its possible...

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

They are already here, posting in some of the threads. lol, j/k

ok I admit, im a zombie, but not one of those movie kind....more of a get up, go to work, come home, eat (brains of course), sleep then repeat.

I

[edit on 15-3-2009 by QBSneak000]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
My plan is fool-proof... ish.

Load up my small boat with everything I need to perform a small scale rescue operation. Leave the family at home to defend the house (Blow up the stairs etc...).

I would then go and collect a) more weapons, ammo, supplies from the local town, (which, knowing the locals, the zombies would be less intelligent than usual), and also collecting the few members from there that would form the basis of my survivor group. Me being head of course as the only person prepared for such an event.

From there, we would let the initial attack and hysteria die down, preparing defenses round our house and escape route.
Acquiring a bigger boat, and fuel would be easy, and would guarantee us a way out. Soon after we will load up the boat, tie the small boat to it with a rope, and fill it with supplies, and start our slow voyage north.

We would stick to the Lochs, instead of venturing out into the sea. This requires more time on land to get through a long canal, but prevents us falling victim to the unpredictable weather patterns on the coast here.

The ultimate aim would be to get to the Airport, as an aircraft is the only safe way out. Also, it *should* have equipment capable of communicating with any surviving military, and thus establish how many survivors there are, and if it is a UK-only, or Global infection.

In the event it is a UK-Only infection, we contact the authorities, and fly out. (Or hold up in a 737, or A319)
If it is global, we grab a map, and go flying. Might take a while, and finding fuel could be an issue, but as most people will be killed or zombificated within the first few days, there shouldn't be too much pillaging.

[A few notes:]
As a martial artist, I see my body as the most potent and easily available weapon around. Elbow and knee pads, (preferably military grade, but any safety equipment will do), are a must for me. The ability to knock a zombie to the ground, and engage humans in hand-to hand combat must not be hindered by fear of being injured.

After learning about the art of 'Guerrilla warfare', it seems to me to be the best way of escape if Plan A fails. If nothing else it would act as a way to train the group. And would also act as a way of 'testing' new survivors into the group. If you can keep up, your in, if not, your zombie food.

The local Cadet center would be a good place to hold up temporarily. A good supply of 22 rifles, and ammo. Good high fences, and easy access to the mountains should the need to run arise.

My 'Armour' would be a Airsofting Tactical vest. Preferably one with neck and shoulder guards. At least until a ballistic vest can be found. While they are not necessary to begin with, close combat is inevitable, and I don't want to have to fight humans or zombies without something more than a peice of cloth between me and them.

Thats my 'short term' plan anyway. My Long term one is too long (pun intended) to type out right now. I'm tired.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
My Zombie/various apocalypse scenario survival plan. (Mass civil unrest, pandemic etc.)
1.My cabin which has few easily barricaded windows, and is located over 20 miles from the nearest population center.

2.Survival gear, including several days dried food and water, various tools, and NBC mask. Combined with many years of survival training.

3.A large supply of seeds for growing food.

4.Melee Weapons: a machete is fine, but I suggest a crowbar for a zombie outbreak. Not only is it a good sturdy bludgeon for cracking skulls, but a useful tool to have on hand.

5.Guns: Melee weapons are good for close combat and silent kills, but blades get dull and muscles get tired, my self defense arsenal includes;

Taurus pt 24/7 17 round 9mm with 5 magazines and 300 rounds;
S&W 7 round 357 mag. With three speed loaders and 100 rounds
Judge 410 shotgun revolver with 100 rounds
Mossberg 500 12 ga. With about 250 rounds.
S&W M&P AR 15 (5.56mm) over 300 rounds
Mossberg 4x4 30-06 200 rounds (for long range)
Marlin 30/30 lever action 100 rounds (deer gun for survival)
Marlin 22 LR bolt action With well over 1000 rounds (small game gun for survival)

It seems excessive, but I have extras for friends who have not prepared, and the others would just go in my pick-up for back-up. Even if it’s not zombies, the poo might hit the fan someday, it’s best to have a plan, even if it’s not as extreme (and perhaps crazy) as mine.

But even if nothing happens, I like guns and survival gear, and piece of mind for me and my family is priceless.

Oh yeah, and any vehicle not all wheel drive would be useless in most apocalyptic situations. Just something to keep in mind, roads will be death traps.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well...

First, id make sure to grab my Zombie Survival Guide. thats a KEY POINT

Then...id take...a military machete, a M4A1 carbine and 300 rounds, a .22 rimfire pistol, an axe, and a chopped-off metalworking jig. (hence, a 3 foot, 4 pound pole with a cube at the end)

then...id meet up with the ZSO club at my school, rally a meeting...

and go hunting.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I would make a game out of killing zombies!

But on more serious note on a less serious subject
I would probably find a high up place so if any zombies to attack at least I can fend them off with an advantage!

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Zombie Survival Plan
Bill_Door
1: Steal Bus.
2: Smash Every other window.
3: Acquire small group of semi-competent gunmen.
4: Post Gunman at smashed windows.
5: Loot gun store.
6: Loot Grocery Store. (Load half of bus with non-perishables)
7: Get smaller vehicles such as dirt bikes and load them near back window.
8: Scour city looking for easily held positions and resources.
9:search for survivors.
10: When encountering survivor check for bites.
11: Take survivor to survivors colony.

Notes: Shot Gun not recommended as Zombie skulls are fairly elastic and may not be penetrated by shot. The Zombies also may not burn very well so fire is a bad idea. Barb wire may slow a zombie but zombies don't feel pain because the nerves are all fried and only supporting the movement of the corpse.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
First I'd want to find Alice, for those that know who I'm talking about you'll know what I mean, and I would follow her anywhere.

Weopons of choice, wrist breaker and bolo, with a twelve gauge for good measure.

Hiding Place, second floor of a good little bar and grill, it's also next door to a grocery store and across from a hardware store.

Yep, just me and Alice. Killing zombies and drinking a few zombies too.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
How do you kill something that is dead?

Why all the talk of weapons, if they are dead walking then how do you kill them... ?

Zombies are a fictional idea and that is it!

Fiction
Fiction
Fiction

Move on folks, move on...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i would throw acid on them and then shoot them and then run them over with a truck... and then probably light them on fire, just to be safe.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, unlike many of you, I've actually thought about this.

First step would be to pull out my secret antizombial ordinance -- I use the solar set-up to power my two huge amps, insert my custom cast-in-situ hearing protection, and then unlease the heavy stuff -- endless loops of French Affair, Toybox, Justin Timberlake, and some Brittany just to keep them confused and clutching their brain-leaking heads.

That allows me time to get all leathered up, with belted-on weaponry. I won't be using any of this weaponry, but I've gotta get that Resident Evil/Mad Max thing going on, in case I'm interviewed on TV after the battle.

Then, I turn on the four hoses, which runs water all around the house and shed, neatly squestering the lumbering flesh-eaters outside of it. I wait for them to get bold and start crossing, and then drop a high-amperage line in the water, sizzling their goulish gobs. The stragglers can be picked off with nitrile gloves fused and filled with gasoline, or squirted with the hose to make them conductive.

Then, assuming I remember to cut the power to the moat, I can drag their remains across the beach for a toasty bonfire. I can then move my iPod and battery box to the boat, to liberate the neighborhood. That first day is gonna be a long one. Hopefully, it won't get too messy. That leather is hard to clean y'know, especially the pants. I hope they still fit.

Note: no backless chaps. That isn't a good look for anyone.

[edit on 16/8/09 by argentus]

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NRA4ever333

It seems excessive, but I have extras for friends who have not prepared, and the others would just go in my pick-up for back-up

Isn't that just always the case? Friends are just NEVER ready for mass ghoul annihlation, and wait until the LAST minute .....

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
My plan is to eat Brains. and feed my kitty.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've done some research and have decided the Runner Zombies should be planned for. My reason being is that if you plane for the Runners than you'll have no problem with Slow Zombies. My plan is very simple:

1: Get to Patrick's house, Patrick is a friend and has many guns available in short notice.

2: With Patrick go to Casey's house, Casey has gun safe full of guns and ammunition.

3: Find building with high vantage point and few windows.

4: Avoid all churches and hospitals until 72 hours after initial breakout.

5: Find vehicles, supplies, and survivors.

6: Locate relatively safe area and head there with group of survivors. (Groups should consist of 5-6 people and travel 5 minuets apart.)

The traveling is only to keep up moral having a goal and Achieving the goal will keep suicidal thoughts down.

Were protective eye wear to prevent blood from getting the eyes. back up weapons should be a long range melee weapon.

Traveling should only be conducted during the day unless you have no choice.

Lights can be utilized as light does not always mean food.

Avoid making large noises.

And aircraft use to much fuel and should be left alone.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I live in the UK, so guns are not as available as in the US.
Best thing to do is to prepare, makeshift weapons (son's cricket bat as inspired by Shaun of the Dead), tinned food supplies, water, medi-kit. Then it's time to take the family on a trip:

1. Pack the kids into the car, and try to make it robust enough to survive up to step 2.
  2. Get to the main police station and obtain a Police Riot Van, might even be able to obtain on the way
  3. On the strong possibility that I wouldn't be able to get decent weapons from the police station, head for the airport and see if I can get one from perhaps a dead police officer from there (they're un/dead) so use a cricket bat or something similar to persuade it if its moving. Failing that army barracks, or mobile police tactical unit
  4. Head for the nearest castle with decent structural integrity (Hooray for Britain and National Trust)
  5. Clear, barricade and reinforce as best as possible
  6. use this place as a base of operations, for scavenging hunts etc

Castles are not just a building, but have large grounds, with high walls. Crops can be grown, plenty of rooms, and superb defense capabilities

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join