It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your zombie survival plan?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If the Zombies © come I am going to catch me one as a pet.

I know, I know, no small feat.

I have a plan.

My plan is the quite simply the best because it is best at being simple.

My plan puts the ZONE in Zombie © as in ZONE DEFENSE.

You know the best defense is a good offense!

Anyway if you would like to order my survival plan it can be yours for only $19.95 plus shipping and handling.

Order today Zombies Gone WILD!©.

-Must be over 18 to call
-Have a major credit card ready
-Order today and get our dance favorite Iranians? We put the Sha in Sha na na!©

Call now!

M.Agenda!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

If the Zombies © come I am going to catch me one as a pet.

Could I perhaps interest you in a ZombiTrail?

It's like a habitrail for your hamster but really big and a treadmill instead of a wheel because zombies aren't high on the balance factor and they're also just not that bright.

Spiderj

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
they'd make awful pets. For starters, they slowly decay. I'm sure some of you don't mind the fromunda smell, it makes me gag. Second, they're not at all playful or fun to watch. If you put a chain on a stick and attach the chain to their collar, they'll walk around in circles until you toss them a live meal. Sure the circle walk is funny for a while but it does get old and then you're stuck with a zombie on a chain. Also, you will need to come up with more than usual number of ideas for luring food. Sure, we all know how to dispose of and conceal drifter remains but you will be feeding this thing way more than once a month.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Actually what you need is one of those massive hedge mazes like in the shining.

Put a bunch of brains in the middle of it and let the zombies go nuts.

Crakeurs right about that smell though.

And it never comes out of the furniture no matter what you do.

Spiderj

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Me? I'd grab my .45, some ammo, an axe/machete/maul/mattock etc... and go down in glorious battle against the spawn of hell!!! The menace must be slain.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by ShadeWolf]

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I aint seen the re-make as the original was an utter cult classic.....
And in my view a remake can only cheapen it... so i dont plan on watching the re-make....

Its like for example if they re-made a clock work orange with brad pit and mat damon.....? forget it.....

Some movies should not be mucked with......
Dawn of the dead is one such film...

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'll be honest with you all. I don't really believe in zombies. There have been some "voodoo zombie" cases where a victim is given a potion made with puffer fish venom and rendered into a dead state only to "rise from the grave" hours later. I did buy the Zombie Survival Guide. As entertaining as it was, if you look on the back, you will see it is catogorized in the "humor" section.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthsetfree2009
I'll be honest with you all. I don't really believe in zombies. There have been some "voodoo zombie" cases where a victim is given a potion made with puffer fish venom and rendered into a dead state only to "rise from the grave" hours later. I did buy the Zombie Survival Guide. As entertaining as it was, if you look on the back, you will see it is catogorized in the "humor" section.

it was meant as a spook on guide books and zombie lore. somewhat funny

go pick up world war Z, also by Brooks. It's an amazing book.

by the way, the author is Mel Brooks' son so you know it's humor from the get go.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Dude, I totally love Mel Brooks. I had no idea...

Maybe I'll go check this World War Z out.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
it's not slapstick comedy but, rather, a dark look at society. The book details the start, fight, end and clean up of a zombie invasion. much of the book mocks society (celebrity obsession is a riot), politics, war (his version of shock and awe versus the zombies sounds frightening similar to Iraq) and other aspects of our global situation.

it's got some serious tones to it but it is a comedy and it is dark and it certainly does have a nice creep/scare factor as well.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
My plan is to watch this film.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
haha, my buddies and I have had WAY too many serious discussions on the topic and we have a plan fully installed for such an occasion(if they're those new-fangled sprinting zombies, though, i'm just killing myself immediately)

first things first: raid a dick's sporting goods store or a wal-mart and take all of their weaponry

there's a BJ's wholesale club and a home depot in a huge lot in a town near us, and the way it's set up is perfect for deflecting zombies. half of it is elevated and has a retaining wall, and the other half we'd just set up a perimeter fence. the BJ's and Home Depot would provide everything we need for survival(from food to bottled water to building materials to vegetable seeds, etc.)

there's also a Ford dealership across the street, so that we may gather trucks if necessary

and then there's the ground rules:

1)no outsiders allowed in(unless they're beautiful females that we'll need to repopulate the earth)
2)very few trips taken outside as to promote safety(we need to gauge if the zombies rot like a normal corpse, as well, which means we'd only need to stick around for a couple of months)
3)ration food properly
4)kill anyone with signs of infection on sight
5)kill anyone experiencing psychosis on sight

there's more to it as well, but i can't divulge all that information since it's OUR plan and all

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Zombie survival plan? I can't say that I have one, although, in case of emergencies I could always break out my mummy and vampire survival plans and combine the two.
When in doubt, I'll ask myself, "What would Hugo do?"

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Believe it or not here where I live we do have a zombie action plan. So far it consist of a network of people that if there is an outbreak we will all meet up at a designated location. The hotel that’s literally 100yards away from the Wal-Mart here. That way we have food and ammo and guns disposable to us. We would take out the stairs and barricade the first floor so as to not let any zombies in and hole up in the hotel.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Zombies on the loose you say? Finally i can take my old '76 Volvo station wagon out for a spin (it's sea foam green, and like 4200 lbs.) Made mince meat of peoples trash cans but what about zombies? Do I get extra points for how many flips they do over the hood or on how far they shoot up into the air. Also, is there a bonus if they land on their head and it explodes like a pumpkin?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Plan A: Nuclear powered laser tank.

Doesn't exist you say? Well, neither do zombies!

Ok.... ok... so there's an zombie uprising. My first stop would be Wal-Mart (hopefully society hasn't broken down at this point) and purchase two twelveguage pump-action shotguns, as well as a high-powered 30-06 rifle. Stock up on ammunition and make your firearms strictly plan-b. (Bullets will get scarce pretty quickly). Plan A would be a nice, sharp and (very importantly) heavy bladed wearpon. Think a broadsword or a roman gladius. or even a small, one-handed battle-axe. The reason behind this is weapons such as katanas are designed for piercing and slashing, where with a zombie, you're trying to hack bits (esp. the head) off.

The next step, assuming full-scale apocolyptic invasion, would be to find a nice rural area, with a lot of open land around you. At this point, zombies aren't your main threat; instead, your fellow survivors are now equally a threat. Post signs which state clearly "Zombies and Looters past this point are shot on sight."

That's a good start anyway...

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Being the useless, book dependent individual I am, I would consult my Zombie outbreak guide book (yes, I do have one) and hope for the best.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaliayev
Being the useless, book dependent individual I am, I would consult my Zombie outbreak guide book (yes, I do have one) and hope for the best.

it would be kinda funny running through the mall ransacking everything and having someone yelling in the background “No wait the manual dosent say anything about an Xbox 360!”

LOL
Im just poking fun I don’t mean any disrespect.
I have the manual too and this payday im getting World War Z

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaliayev

is it the zombie survival guide by max brooks? because i own (and love) that book.

one interesting thing to do with a good sized group would be to hole up in an abandoned prison... not the modern type though. the old, cold war era prisons. huge cement walls, guard towers and everything. not only would we have defenses, we'd have farmland and any surplus materials left over. we could sustain ourselves for years on that

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I'd load my 12 guage and pull a sword off the wall. I've got a good .22 cal and quite a few rounds, but I'd have to see if a head shot with a .22 would take them down. Because of the biting problem, I'd be making up some armour out of heavy plastic and aluminum. A decent sheild with a bladed surface would be a helpful item. I'd head out to the neighbourhood store and hold up with the family until things settled down. Perhaps a little zombie hunting to releive the boredom.
Picture a group of guys out cruising the streets in bleach bottle armour carrying swords and rifles, riding along in minivans with sheilds hanging off the side mirrors. Yeehaw!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join