It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your zombie survival plan?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If there were some sort of large scale outbreak of romero-esque zombies (slow, unintelligent, super-senses, only killed by headshot and transmit disease through bites), what would you do?

here's my personal plan: gather up my survival gear, cut my hair, get my machete (it doesn't need to be reloaded), hop on my bicycle with a small group of friends that have a similar plan and go up to a small, relatively uninhabited mountain area, probably somewhere in colorodo.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Id go to the metropolitan museum of art and steal those cool medieval armor and swords they have then go fight with a whole lot of people

I mean zombies cant bite through steel. I mean that might be a bad idea.

Or you could go and getthe vests that police officers where when their trainging K9's so the bite doesnt hurt them and get a gun or axe or something

i think id like to get survivors together and go kill those zombies

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Id go to the metropolitan museum of art and steal those cool medieval armor and swords they have then go fight with a whole lot of people

I mean zombies cant bite through steel. I mean that might be a bad idea.

Or you could go and getthe vests that police officers where when their trainging K9's so the bite doesnt hurt them and get a gun or axe or something

i think id like to get survivors together and go kill those zombies

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Zombies lol, well highly unlikley nothings is impossible but I would be more able to accept a 28 Days type scenario with a illness warping peoples minds to go on mindless rampages. Either zombies or crazy flesh hungry mutants I would still take drastic measures to ensure survival and help others around me, first and most imortant I would get armed and make lots of molotovs and fire bombs because I would hope zombies hate fire as much as they do on tv lol. Set up a safe base to plan and strategive with hopefully enough food/water to get through the disater or shoot my area clear of the vermin.

If they are not smart and slow then its kinda your own fault if you get killed unless your a dumb kid or handicaped and maby if you run into a mob of 1000's of them which would really suck (! I personaly would keep a suicide nade incase that happend rather then be eaten alive lol, thats just me. A good garage made flame-thrower would kick ass to and I would build a car all armored up with spikes n make it durable to plow through crowds of zombies.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Its my belief, which is drawn from the many hollywood type scenarios, that barricading ourselves in a mall would be the best place for survival.
Youd have the sporting good stores for weapons and generators and food marts for food.
This topic came at a perfect time lol, my son just bought me Dead Rising for the Xbox 360 for my birthday

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
In the event of the newer zombies, the insane cannabillistic zombies that run full speed, and are especially efficient at killing, the Shaolin spade wouldnt work (lol zombie survival guide) I would probably obtain a gun or weapons, and travel to, a island, lol
^_^

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I guess the first thing I would do is finish reading The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. I made it about halfway thru and needed something a bit heavier and haven't gone back to it. I'd probably do fairly well on what I gleaned from the first half so I would get my weapons and survival kit out of storage and head to my safe house which is not easily accessible by those slow moving, unable to run or climb zombies. Then I'd pick em off one by one until they were all gone.

Of course there might be a flaw to this plan but, as I said, I never finished the book.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
First off I would head to the coast with my loved ones. I have a mossberg and would hit up an ammo store on the way. I have 300 rounds on me at all times so getting there shouldnt be a problem. Id have say 7 or 8 people with me so I would arm them to the teeth. Take the backroads for ab0ut 50 miles until I reach cedar key. From there I would head down to the 10,000 islands. and camp out in the middle of freaking nowhere for at least a month. Problem is coming back to town to see whats left. I would also adopt a shoot on sight rule. Desperate people can be worse than any Zombie. So hope you dont find me when the **** hits the fan
Oh yea...food heh, I'm a good fisherman and would eat bugs and berries if I had too

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well as far as Resident Evil has educated me, weapons are easy to find lying around on dead people and store rooms - and ammo is usually found in the same way ^_^

I would grab my katana, a bandana, some tinned foods and get as much bottled water as I could carry without it imparing my speed. I'd also take a radio with me to listen to any news. Then I'd just cower in a corner until it's alll over ^_^

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'd start-up a user-run network of customisable websites, call it 'myspace', and make it the cultural epicenter for their 'punk-inspired' music genre.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'll see if I can act zombish and blend in with a zombie mob....

Seriously I don't know why zombies do not attack one another, looks like they like them fresh, who wouldn't... heheee.

Nothing beats a katana when one runs out of ammo, does the guide mention any anti zombie traps?

Finding shelter in an area where very few zombies can get to, like an island is also a good idea. But go as a group. Large masses of zombies are dangerous.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
if y'all would pick up the survival guide or, better yet, the oral history of the war against the zombies (World War Z), you'd learn so much.

It's a virus (originated in China) that effects the brain and the zombies must eat living flesh. since zombies are, technically, dead, they won't feast on the rotting flesh of their own. The odd thing is that they seldom go after animals although rumors of stripped whale carcasses washing up on shore lead one to believe that it happens when no human food source is available.

Guns are great if you are a good shot but if you can't hit the head, they're pointless. Also, bullets are limited and a large supply can be heavy. Swords are great but close contact fighting can be tough. One bite and you're one of them.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
remember people, in the case of a global outbreak "shoot on sight" is a horrible idea. we would need to keep as many humans alive as possible.

oh, and we have to make sure we don't try to domesticate them.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
I'd start-up a user-run network of customisable websites, call it 'myspace', and make it the cultural epicenter for their 'punk-inspired' music genre.

LOL

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'd go to a mall :O And capture insects to cre.. wait thats a game..
If zombies were real and magic or other mumbo jumbo weren't.

All main resources I might need are within 5 minutes walking from here, though I live in Amsterdam (high density population).

I'd probably grab my Fighting ''stick'', 2 swords, and Katar, and head for the local grocery store.

Where I would create a blockade, and I'd be able to hold out for well.. a long while.

Oh, and bring a toothbrush, wouldn't want to get rotting teeth if it takes a little while longer to be rescued.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by -0mega-]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
First i would take a wooden heavy louisville slugger baseball bat. Put it in a vise on a table saw. and cut two 45 degree cuts on one side so that the bat has a beveled edge or blade to it. Would probably break zombie bones much quicker than a normal round bat. More PSI when hitting.

A 12 gauge shot gun would be nice too. maybe a autoloading type so that you can take out 4-6 zombies at a time.

I would stay away from fire based weapons cause the zombies might run towards you while on fire and burn you or burn down your house.

A chainsaw would be great too.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
ooo I was thinking about what i'd do this morning (A2-level physics just isnt that interesting).

I'd tack a pitchfork or scythe and some kind of shield... possibly fashioned from the side of my shed... I know my freinds wouldnt last to long in combat and they have little to no survival skills- but i'd drag them to my house nontheless.

I'd then steal every last commodity in my area and retreat to the second story of my house- knock out the stairs and take out a section of the roof and begin to cultivate a small garden.

Using the wood from the stairs i'd make a ladder to either get to the ground or to neighboring homes... hopefully creating a treetop-esque village for whoever we manage to save to live in. Then wait it out.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Damn I like your treetop-esque idea. Just put something heavy on top of the roof access doors, to prevent zombies from invading. What happens if the zombies break in to the house below and inadvertanly set it on fire by accident.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Already talked about on the Survival thread. Go read up on what others came up with and keep it going there.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I plan on making a killing selling decoy brains by the cart load.

Zombies like brains we all know zombies love brains ask them what they love and they'll scream it at ya BRAINSSSSS!!!

Though to be completely honest I believe their answer to everything is brains, two plus two?, where's the exxon station?

It's all brains to them.

But do they only love human brains?

I say no I say they love all kinds of yummy scrummy brains but they go after humans because we're readily available and they are mindless zombies after all.

But if you order my survival brain pack you can distract the zombies with a tasty treat while you run and hide...or reload that shotgun baby!

A cow brain is a horrible thing to waste especially when you can feed it to a zombie.

Buy them in packs of two, four or six*, all come in easy open plastic bags with your choice of original, barbecue or tandori seasoning.**

Also available the Brain Bag Surpise. Basically it's a hefty bag filled with brains, all kinds of brains, big ones, small ones and...oh my god fluffy!?

But at 14.95 who cares where they come from it's a brain buffet in a bag. Throw it and run!

Any takers?

Spiderj

*Cow skulls sold in packs of five, that's right five.

**Original Seasoning is a propietary blend of Salt, paprika, all spice and a specially manufactured fear induced flop sweat...zombies love it!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join