It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
LONDON (Reuters) - The judge investigating the death of Princess Diana said on Monday she had not seen "a shred of evidence" to back claims that she had been murdered.
Coroner Elizabeth Butler-Sloss was responding to a request from lawyers representing Mohamed al Fayed, whose son Dodi died alongside Diana in a Paris car crash 10 years ago, to delay a long awaited inquest into the their deaths.
Fayed, the multimillionaire owner of the luxury Harrods department store, has long argued that the couple were deliberately killed as part of an elaborate plot hatched by British security services.
"There are a large number of serious allegations being made ... there is not a shred of evidence given to me about these allegations," Butler-Sloss said at a preliminary inquest hearing at High Court.
"If there is no evidence to support them, I shall not present them to the jury."