It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina Victims Evacuate Trailer Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Katrina Victims Evacuate Trailer Park

www.bismarcktribune.com

HAMMOND, La. - Being forced to vacate his FEMA trailer _ even if the reason was to safeguard his health _ struck Allsee Tobias as yet another failure of the federal government to help Hurricane Katrina victims.

"They know how to put me out, but they don't know how to help me out. That's how I look at it," said Tobias, who lost his New Orleans home in post-Katrina flooding and then was told to leave his trailer over the weekend.

"Pack and pray. That's what they told us," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I cannot believe how these temporary sites are still around. What is the hold up? In another report, a security guard was shot and killed in another temp trailer location.

Guard killed in New Orleans FEMA park
NEW ORLEANS - A security guard at a FEMA trailer park was shot and killed Monday in the latest violence to wrack the city, still struggling to recover from Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans Police said.

The shooting, around 5:15 a.m., was at a trailer park in Gentilly, a section of the city that flooded during Hurricane Katrina. A few hours earlier, another man was shot and killed near the Guste public housing complex.

It sounds like a war zone down there, it is very sad that a country that sends billions of dollars in aid to other countries, cannot solve the plight of these disaster victims, they can't even make the place safe enough for renewal.

www.bismarcktribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here is another article from a recent trip to Genilly section of New Orleans, while they are trying to clean up, it looks like they also have to dodge bullets as described in the report in the previous post.

Mission to New Orleans

When it's all said and done, the home will be an empty shell, just like most of the other homes in the neighborhood. FEMA trailers still sit in the front yards of many homes that are stripped, but waiting for a new interior.

"We're moving into the rebuild stage," says Chuck Jett, construction manager for Lutheran Disaster Response. "Praise the lord, we've gotten close to getting most of the mucking done that needs to be done."

But so much work remains, Jett says Camp Atonement will likely stay in place for at least eight to ten years.

8-10 more years? You got to be kidding me....

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yet another example of what happens when people trust the government to take care of them.

new topics

top topics

join