It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caption this belgium flatmate....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't know where this comes from but it has belgium in the address... so maybe UP can enlighten us on it...

is it the sort of flatmate you get there?

"(guy) MMMMM ham steaks for dinner tonight

[Edited on 21-11-2002 by Netchicken]

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 09:19 PM
link   
No, you got it all wrong NC, that sickos eyein that pigs arse!

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I don't know where this comes from but it has belgium in the address... so maybe UP can enlighten us on it...

is it the sort of flatmate you get there?

Personally, I've a house, not a flat.

This guy is living in Flanders ( North-Belgium ), and some Flemmishs are really weirds.

So, I'm not surprised with your pic.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well, my first guess (that it was an artist) was close -- but no soap. (for the rest of you, the Reuters' caption reads: "Belgian actor Benjamin Verdonck shares an iron cage with a pig in Ghent on November 13, 2002, where he will remain for three days in protest against the rising tensions between the U.S. and Iraq. Verdonck's protest is inspired by another artist who spent a week in a cage with a coyote in an art gallery in 1974. Reuters/Francois Lenoir")

The second picture of the pig (in profile) is cuter. It looks like it's playing chess with him. Maybe it's studying to beat the current computer chess champion of the world?

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 08:50 AM
link   
...and I'm not sure of the point he's making. The US is a pig? Iraq is a pig? Americans and Iraquis belong to different families on the mammalian evolutionary tree? The US thinks underwear is acceptable public clothing? The Iraquis have no clothes? That we'd all get along better if we stripped naked and lived in cages with pigs?

Artists... slap together any darn thing and think the public will immediately understand (BTW, I'm an artist.)

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 10:52 AM
link   
i think its more along the lines of "if i do something really weird and f!cked up the press might notice me...."

- qo.

posted on Nov, 21 2002 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

"Belgian actor Benjamin Verdonck shares an iron cage with a pig in Ghent on November 13, 2002

I knew it, he's Flemmish , not Walloon.

top topics

join