It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary: A "Pander Bear" in action ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Think you know who the real Hillary is? Think again. How can you know when she just changes into what she hopes each audience will like? This is a classic example of pandering, and Hillary is a master - just Bill Clinton (the first black president
) is.

Hillary Pandering Video

In this video, Hillary adopts a fake Southern accent in hope of connecting with the people in her Southern church audience. And for the people that would say that it's natural because Hillary lived in the South, well, I lived in Arkansas at the same time Bill was governor and she never had an accent then. In fact, she caused a stir there by wanting to use a "yankee hyphenated last name" - Rodham-Clinton. Hillary is certainly no Southerner, proving the accent is fake. Listen and you'll hear that she can't even keep the accent going for the whole recording.

Nothing but naked ambition in this woman. What kind of president would she make when it's obvious she only cares about doing what it takes to get the power, and doesn't give a ratz a$$ about the rest of us?

People worry about Bush not wanting to give up power when his 8 years are done, but Hillary is the real one to fear on this issue.

[edit on 3/5/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I would ask to those who were swayed by her. WTF is a matter with you.
I would be a little upset that someone tried to speak "down" to me like that.

"Pathetic" is all I can come up with.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I've heard the video, she was emoting for the microphone and using a expressive voice to make her point. Big whoop.

Didn't she live in Arkansas for many years? They speak with a drawl there too, so what's so strange about this? It's not hard to pick up or come out again years later. Years in DC can do that too.

Straightening out your drawl to twist into a New Yoiker's infliction is actually the hard part.

As for her being in Selma yesterday, a black woman on MSNBC (didn't catch her name) just made a very good point:

"What would people say if she hadn't been there?"

Hil's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't, is how that goes.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hillary looked ridiculous trying to fake a southern accent. I mean really laughable!

If she becomes President is she going to try to fake an English accent when talking to the British?

What a joke

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

If she becomes President is she going to try to fake an English accent when talking to the British?

No, but Bill could. He actually lived there for a year of college when he was a Rhodes scholar in the 70's. Quick learner.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
Didn't she live in Arkansas for many years? They speak with a drawl there too, so what's so strange about this? It's not hard to pick up or come out again years later. Years in DC can do that too.[edit on 5-3-2007 by psyopswatcher]

Jeez, it might help if you read the whole thread before posting.

I specifically stated that I lived in Arkansas when Hillary and Bill were there and she did not have an accent then. Somehow she miraculously picked this accent just for this meeting.

A pandemic of Pandering ...

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Then she must have got it in DC working with the Virginians who commute from Richmond and beyond. The staffers, etc.

Just because she didn't use a southern accent in AK doesn't mean she didn't learn it.

"Hillary adopts a fake Southern accent in hope of connecting with the people..."

If that is true, then there you go... She'll fight tooth and nail to get the black vote and connecting with the people is a most important step.

As for being President, she knows it's a figurehead position (she's been there too) and little else but the one with the power to write those lovely little signing statement.

Fixing the damage of the past 8 years is going to take some strong teamwork, and if Hil's the one to pull that team together, I wish her well. If it's Obama, I wish him well too. What you should fear is the two of them teaming up and we might have jour first woman and first black presidents 16 years in a row. Wouldn't that be lovely?

[edit on 5-3-2007 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You know, I am starting to notice a trend by you.

Do you bother to hear what these people say and evaluate that or do you just go around attacking the person? Because I am sure the members can go over your post and review them for themselves, I myself would just rather hear your own opinion.

As for her faking an accent - so what? If this is the best you can do against her let alone is it sad, it is a waste of a thread. Evaluate what is said, not how they say it, not who says it, but directly what is said.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Just because she didn't use a southern accent in AK doesn't mean she didn't learn it.

Snivelling.

Give it up, man. You're not winning on this one. So, your "theory" is that she might have had an accent in Arkansas, but for some reason chose not to use it (in the place where it would have done her the most good at the time). No, she instead saved it for a rainy day because she new she'd need it while running for president. Puh-lease ... Recall how she also miraculously discovered "her Jewish roots" just in time for the last senatorial election. Seeing a pattern yet?

Hint: AK = Alaska, AZ = Arizone and that's right, AR = Arkansas

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

As for her faking an accent - so what? If this is the best you can do against her let alone is it sad, it is a waste of a thread. Evaluate what is said, not how they say it, not who says it, but directly what is said.

Perhaps you're one that sees no difference in communication by print, voice, video, or in person. Each of those methods allows a different level of communication beyond just the words to occur.

The point of this thread which is obviously lost on you or ignored by you is the fact that even if you don't think it was important that the accent was faked, Hillary thought it was important enough to do it. And she's the one running for president. Maybe she knows the game just a little better than you? She's willing to do anything - no matter how insignificant you might think it is - to try and get that power. The ends justify the means for Hillary, and I doubt she will stop at anything to achieve her goal. What do you think will happen to Bill the minute she perceives him as a liability? Right now she needs him for fund raising and vote getting. Later, well we'll just have to see. Personally, I doubt whether their marriage will survive much past the election - win or lose.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
No Centurion, I'm saying that she learned it in the White House for eight years, and the past six (?)years in DC as a Senator. Half the town is from VA.

And I'm also saying that this is a way to CONNECT with the people and by bringing the issue up will only make her MORE popular because people LIKE being connected to. And they like it when people put the effort into trying too.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Recall how she also miraculously discovered "her Jewish roots" just in time for the last senatorial election. Seeing a pattern yet?

Hint: AK = Alaska, AZ = Arizone and that's right, AR = Arkansas

Actually no, I don't recall jewish roots. Madeline Albright yes, but Hillary, no.

And I don't care or think that even matters. It's just a point of contention for people to nitpick on instead of discussing real issues. Geneology issues will always arise in the great American melting-pot. That's another Big Whoop.

Golly, I'd edit the AK's but next time I'll just spell 'em out. Thought Alaska was AL, but that's Alabama. Thanks for correcting that.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It is neither of those.

The fact is, this is the best you can do.

You can not sit down, take all of her arguement and argue against them. NO instead you care about an accent she puts on or might not have put on. If that is how you cast your vote than their is a real problem. This thread is nothing more than another pot-shot at a democrat by you instead of bothering to take their arguements and show them to be flawed.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Next, she'll show up in blackface to woo African-Americans away from Obama.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Yes, djohnsto77 understands what Hillary is doing. Think she'll find some muslim roots to go along with Jewish ones she needed for the last election?

Thanks for your "explanation". Hopefully, we'll never see Hillary actually do that. But, who knows, in a tight race where just a few votes might make the difference ...

[edit on 3/5/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Mrs. Bill Clinton trying to be something she is not, is not news.

The biggest news being overlooked is nobody is bringing up the fact the Mrs. Bill Clinton and Barak Hussein Obama where making political speeches in a church.

I thought Democrats were against that. Wait...it's only bad when Republicans do it...I forgot.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by RRconservative]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So were there any Republican's in Selma for this occasion to show their solidarity with this segment of the population?

Or did Rudy stay home in bed with his NYT's?

ape

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I honestly hate hearing this woman speak, she needs to just shut the hell up and go away.

you just dont learn an accent when you're an adult, I have been living in california my whole life born and raised and when I go visit my family that lives in texas I dont start talking like them to fit in, it would be awkward beyond all belief, this woman is a piece of crap.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

So were there any Republican's in Selma for this occasion to show their solidarity with this segment of the population?

Or did Rudy stay home in bed with his NYT's?

You really think the Democrats went there for that reason? Really?

They went there to campaign. Plain and simple!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So why, RR, do R's have no interest in commemorating the events at Selma?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join