It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yale Economic Model Is Predicting Bush In 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Based on GDP Growth, Inflation numbers, and previous quarters of economic growth Good News, Presisdent Bush will remain President. As it stands right now, the model is predicting a 58.3% of the two-party vote (popular vote).

"Yale's FAIRMODEL Information"
Link:
fairmodel.econ.yale.edu...

"Presidential Vote Equation"
Link:

"Presidential Vote Equation--October 31, 2003"
Link:

"The predictions of GROWTH, INFLATION, and GOODNEWS for the previous forecast from the US model (July 31, 2003) were 2.4 percent, 1.8 percent, and 1, respectively. The current predictions from the US model (October 31, 2003) are 2.4 percent, 1.9 percent, and 3. The only significant change concerns the GOODNEWS prediction. The previous quarter (2003:3) turned out to be a good news quarter, and the US model is predicting that the current quarter (2003:4) will also be a good news quarter. Neither of these quarters before was predicted to be a good news quarter. Each good news quarter adds 0.837 percentage points to the incumbent vote share, so two extra good news quarters adds 1.674 percentage points for President Bush. The new economic values give a prediction of 58.3 percent of the two-party vote for President Bush rather than 56.7 percent before. This does not, however, change the main story that the equation has been making from the beginning, namely that President Bush is predicted to win by a sizable margin. The margin is just now even larger than before."

Expanding on this 'prediction' further, it seems that this particular model for predicting presidents has a fairly impressive record....as seen by scrolling down to the near bottom of this page:

"....Bush's Chances in 2004"
Link:

I also found this article, by the Conference Board, predicting a economic forecast for 2004:
"2004 Will Be the U.S.'S Best Year Economically in Last 20 Years, The Conference Board Reports in a Revised Forecast"
Link:
biz.yahoo.com...

Excerpt:
"Thursday December 11, 11:01 am ET

NEW YORK, Dec. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Revising its year-end economic forecast sharply upward, The Conference Board today projected that real GDP growth will hit 5.7% next year, making 2004 the best year economically in the last 20 years.
The forecast, by Conference Board Chief Economist Gail Fosler, expects worker productivity, which set a 20-year record in the third quarter, to rise at a healthy 3.6% next year. That would follow a gain of 4.3% this year.

The economic forecast is prepared for more than 2,500 corporate members of The Conference Board's global business network, based in 66 nations."

So....what do you folks think? What will happen is 2004?

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
lmao and you bitch at me for using biased sources!

I think Bush will win. Either another stolen election. Or just martial law either way he will be the furor for life.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Stolen election?

They are all stolen elections, it is called media manipulation, works just as well for the left too.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

I think Bush will win. Either another stolen election. Or just martial law either way he will be the furor for life.

Yale is biased? LMAO

You better check and see how many democrats have gone there before you call it "biased".....

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

Yale is biased? LMAO

You better check and see how many democrats have gone there before you call it "biased".....

regards
seekerof

If you're the son of a former President and went to their school, wouldn't you be a little biased??

[Edited on 22-12-2003 by TheCatalyst]

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How about define biased?
Seemingly, you folks have no clue to what it means....
How the hell can a project, that has been making predictions constitute bias.....?

This FAIRMODEL has been making predictions since 1916!
Good grief.......

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
yale

bush

skull & bones

bush will win

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Since when have all presidents been grads of Yale?

top topics

join