It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Systematic Mental Reprogramming?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I've been going over the past decade with a fine toothed comb, and there are so many bizzare things that have happened that I don't know whether or not to chalk it up to perception or events or if there's something a little more there.

It's difficult to talk about, sorry to be so hesitant on this issue.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I going to check it all out, great find G.E. keep up the good work and keep finding good topics to discuss

[edit on 14-3-2007 by PHARAOH1133]

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES

Unfortunately - I had a high propesnsity to lose myself in imaginary worlds - growing up and only child I played in my own head most of the time. Always being the "new kid" at school didn't help much socially, so I turned to more intellectual and personal interests as opposed to trying to integrate into the social structure.

I had a high tendancy towards disassociation early on - and now, in my adult years, I find that when I get taken back to this childish state of mind it's a natural high. It's addictive in it's attraction

Emerging research suggests that such cases are brought on around the same point in life (teens) have to do with the neuronal synapses that connect the prefrontal cortex to the rest of the brain. It is interesting because the rest of the brain really doesn't start using the prefrontal cortex until about this time. Any sort of 'insult', whether it be through prescription or recreational drugs, physical of any kind or psychosocialogical, seems to be the cause of this. Same with people that suffer severe depression of sorts.

Drugs have been able to help many people, however; dosages generally have to be upped to continue treatment as the patient gets older. In your case, however you holistically cured yourself worked for a time until you couldn't control it any more. As your psychiatrist suspects, drugs will only cause side effects on you now.

Hopefully this shares a little on the neurology of what can happen in cases like yours. Hopefully research in this area will continue. I believe the human mind is capable of truly magnificant things; we just haven't figured out how to control our own minds all the time.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Thanks for the insight.

Sorry I've been neglecting this thread, some things have come up of a personal nature that take precedence.

Thanks again to all who have contributed.

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Sorry for the dormancy on this topic, but I had to take a break from things for a while.

UPDATE :

I've done some further digging and discovered some interesting "tie-ins" to my personal past and some reported Monarch Centers.

MAXWELL AFB - this was were my father was stationed when I was around 3-4 years of age and my memories first began.

Does anyone have any insight into this location and impilacations in the MKULTRA/Monarch scenario?

I recently have been having episodic events of what I believe may be some sort of "soldier conditioning".

Thanks a million.

GE

posted on Sep, 4 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
PROGRESS REPORT :

Time has indeed proven to be the greatest healer.

Things are becoming clearer, and the "internal soldier" is learning to walk the path of the Peaceful Warrior.

Thanks for everyone's insight and contributions here. Thanks for being openminded and contibuting.

Peace and light!

GE

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've been experimenting on techniques that Actors use to try and reach a mildly dissociative state.

It may be similar to 'Method Acting', and involves creating a character and then trying to 'stay in character' for longer and longer periods of time.

A darkened room, a white noise generator, practice in 'concentrating' on your specific character are needed until you become more skilled at switching into a different persona.

Regardless of how you do it, acting or roleplaying can be tremendously liberating.

As you switch into another character you leave behind all your emotional baggage and hang ups. It can be quite euphoric.

Just some thoughts I've been kicking around.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I've done a bit of roleplaying and method acting in an attempt to better understand myself - but I sometimes wonder if mass media gets the majority of the nation "playing along" with it's agenda.

I can help but notice people seem to be a lot more on the defensive these days as oppossed to say, 15 years ago.

Mass influence?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

I would voice a concern for nutrition as well. I have come to believe that aspartame (NutraSweet/Equal) has psychoactive properties as well as a negative effect on metabolism. Some of this I have come to through reading scientific studies; some through observation of those I love.

I also believe that our systems have become poisoned by heavy metals from a variety of sources. One of my sons has found IV EDTA chelation to be the key for him. He has an enormously high IQ, has been diagnosed with almost everything but the kitchen sink, and finally renounced allopathic doctors and drugs and took an alternative path. I thought he had truly lost his mind and would come to harm, but six months after he began a particular diet and had undergone IV chelation his personality returned to that of the teenage boy that had somehow gotten lost along the way. I feel tremendously responsible for pushing pills on him that only made matters worse, but I did give him my stubbornness which may also be how he found a saving routine as well as route for his pilgrimage through human existence.

Finally, I commend you for sharing your life experience with us. I pray you find answers that lead to a return to your creativity and to a sense of well-being.

It is hard to feel well these days for many, many people. I also blame the mobile phone masts (cellphone towers) because I am convinced that they are broadcasting frequencies that agitate and irritate people. Yes, I believe they are some sort of mass mind control experiment whilst posing as a technological communications breakthrough. That is in part why I have gone through the expense of using graphite grounded painting on inside walls and various other screens to make my home as free from unwanted microwaves and electro-magnetic broadcasting or pollution as possible. So convinced am I of this that I have given up my mobile phone, pitched out the microwave oven, and moved to a house as far away from a mast/tower that I could find.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I've heard that about aspartamne as well.

Oddly enough, they just erected a cell phone mast one block from my house - ever since it went up I've been sleeping ten fold.

There might be something to it.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So....relying purely on intuition...has your mind been tampered with by people operating in the secret, yes or no? from reading the entire thread this isnt quite clear...and things being unclear is certainly not helpful.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The only part of the "secret operations" I suspect was the time spent in the VC-1 cell in prison. THAT, in my opinion, was very suspect. The rest is just speculation.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
well I personally couldnt bear spending years and years not really being certain of something. Id go crazy after only one day of uncertainty. How could you find out? Do some of your dreams feature strange memories?

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your very personal story. You are clearly intelligent and brave.

When I was 16, 17 and 18 years old, I had a boyfriend who was really wonderful - a very smart, creative guy. By the time he was 18, he was dabbling with drugs and this scared me. We broke up because of the drug use - he had completely changed, even his appearance and voice.

A year later, when he was 19, he was diagnosed as schizophrenic and started a long journey of lithium prescriptions and county mental hospitals. The drug use had not been the problem, it was that he was trying to self-medicate. He lost his full scholarship to UCLA.

Over the years, we periodically crossed paths, but I was always so wary of where he was - he would be fine, and then he wouldn't be. At one point he was homeless because he said he wanted to get away from the electrical wires in buildings, and he talked a lot about not wanting to be near phones and electricity, although being in cars was okay.

I never knew whether he was tuning into something important, if he was becoming more aware than the rest of us. It's easy to say "Oh, he is sick. He is mentally ill." But it is never that black and white, is it.

I wish you peace and strength -- keep asking the questions, keep fighting. Thanks again for posting your story.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I did wrestle with a lot of it - not having a frame of reference for it all was driving me mad in many ways. The past cople of months have really started to open my eyes to a lot of things revolving around my subconcious and conscious worlds.

Dreams have been rather disjointed and bizzare lately - friends whom I no longer speak to playng the role of antagonists - and I can see how, in my past, they weren't the best people to be around in some respects.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
For me the most basic human right is to feel at ease. Anything less is unacceptable to me. I know there are a lot of people who settle for less, and its hard for me to understand. I am wishing you a massive amount of sunshine, meditation, spa-visits, massages, good food, good movies, good books, good friends and total clarity on what is going on.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
For me the most basic human right is to feel at ease. Anything less is unacceptable to me. I know there are a lot of people who settle for less, and its hard for me to understand. I am wishing you a massive amount of sunshine, meditation, spa-visits, massages, good food, good movies, good books, good friends and total clarity on what is going on.

BOY, you said a mouthful there, my friend. You don't know what it's like until you feel ill at ease in your own body, either internal or external influences.

I have been sending Giga-watts of good energy, virtual pats on the head, and psychic chicken soup to GE.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I imagine a powerful blue beam going up into the sky like the beam at Luxor.

OK, maybe it's only about 350 watts on the hills, but you get the idea.

[edit on 8-9-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by General Eyes
True. I've wondered if I was a "throwaway" because of recent treatment - but it might just be the area I'm living in.

You know, I have had that thought myself. And actually, there was a time when I intentionally 'told' the people I perceive are listening to me that I intended on becoming a failure out of spite...

Silliness, indeed, but I can't help but think that something went wrong with me and the difficulties I am having are resultant from such a mindset on 'their' part.

I would be interested on hearing some more specific experiences, when you feel up to it, of course. Sometimes discussing it makes it easier to handle.

As well, I am floored by the Maxwell association. I'm not quite sure what to make of it, but an interesting bit of information it is...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join