It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Markets Continue their Slide

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That's one possible future, to be sure. There seems very litle doubt hat the rich will preserve their wealth at the expense of the middle class and the poor.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The middle class is a dying dynasty that is slipping away as the big manufactures goes oversea.

The last reminding industries in this country are having a bad time all we have lefts is the automobile industry and guess what, china is getting into that market also.

apc

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Chinese cars... ick... make a KIA look like a Benz.

If our economy does implode, I take comfort in the fact that half the planet will go with us. If anything that should help delay disaster.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
I suppose its time for a new question for the panel.

Knowing that the dollar is underattack by foriegn interests and speculators, should we assume that they are taking advantage of our
self-inflicted weakness?

Economic warfare, while psychologically different than bombing someone into submission, can be just as devastating to an adversary as conventional warfare. So the answer is yes, in my opinion.

"The Great Game" has always been played and is entering a new chapter with the rapid industrialisation of China in this time of tightening oil supplies.

With plans being put into play and structures being put into place for the North American Union certain things need to happen to achieve the desired result. Currently, it's a security pact and loose political affiliation referred to by some as "Fortress North America" but there is talk of a common currency (search the term "amero") for economic and political integration.

You have to tear down the old structure to put a new one up, so I actually believe that much of what we are seeing is being done deliberately (as much as can be anyways) and the powers that be are following a script whose stroyline you can catch glimpses of on this site and many others.

I'm curious if you've ever seen this post of mine: Where's the Conspiracy?

I'd be interested in your take on that point of view Justin.

[edit on 3/15/2007 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ah, yes. The Darwinian social philosophy. I'm wel lacquainted with it. I don't say its wrong, either. Your point is well taken that the old must go out before the new can come in.

The truth aboutthe consiracy is that "they" simply don't want to tell you what they already plan to do to you.

I've heard it said that politics is the art of making people stand in line to demand what you already plan on doing to them. It's something I truely believe.

I also think that even if our darkest hour, there will always be an inner circle ofmen and women plotting and scheming to do what's good for them, as they see it.

I never planned on being a social commentator, but since I started down this path I've been blessed with an abundance of support. Yes, I've made my mistkaes along the way, but for the most part my 'rise' has been more than I expected it could be. I've learned that there are not enough people out there who do this kind of thing.

Without these discussions of ideas, the average person is left feeling alone. Once they start talking, they begin to realize that they're not the only ones with...those thoughts. Once we realize that more of us think alike than not, the sooner we can start to get a grip on this kind of thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The Fed has decided to leave interest rates alone for the time being. With this in mind, what do you expect to happened next? Will the credit market stabilize, or will it continue to melt?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Justin they are playing by their rules, and doing nothing is one of their options.

leave it alone and pray that it will get better.

What we will end with? higher oil prices for the summer so big oil can make their profits.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've been having the same thoughts about the price of oil. That's a hot topic here in Alaska. As the summer demand kicks in, I'm thinking we may see a surge in price that's atleast 10-12 percent higher than it is now. $70 a barrel is not out of reach, I think.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join