It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenagers Work Too Late At Dangerous Jobs, Report Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Teenagers Work Too Late At Dangerous Jobs, Report Says

Source Link: www.nashuatelegraph.com

The first national study to interview teenagers about on-the-job dangers found many violations of federal laws, including sizable numbers performing risky tasks or working too late on a school night.

Many teens said they operated hazardous equipment, received no safety training and worked alone after dark, making them potential targets for burglary and homicide.

“Teenagers are being put in the position of doing tasks that are either illegal or dangerous,” said lead author Carol Runyan of the University of North Carolina Injury Prevention Research Center. While enforcement of laws could be improved, she said, “the real burden lies with employers.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-3-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Some of the kids at my school work really late everynight at places like Auto-garages, but most at a telemarketing facility. I guess the pressure from parents, added on the hours to school = alot of stress. Yes they are making money, but still sometimes stressing yourself out, losing sleep, ect at work can get you killed. I think they should lighten up on us. ^_^(but I work at the golf course during golf season, so sadly I dont know alot about working hard in a stressfull area ^_^. You can go into a highschool and atleast 1 out of every student in a classroom is either asleep or in a daze

join