It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Threat To Kill Prince Harry In Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
so, it bloody well should be the rich who go to war. they're the one's tyhat get weapons contracts, 'new ventures', bold new opportuinities, and all the other loot.

what do the plebs get? oh yeah...

...killed...

...and hated a bit by people they never would have met...

nice bargain there.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I would just like to know how they even know these message posters are actually real al-queda people and not some stupid hacker posting messages or just some idiot in Saudi Arabi sitting in his house posting a message and hes just some stupid shlub with nothing else to do.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I would just like to know how they even know these message posters are actually real al-queda people and not some stupid hacker posting messages or just some idiot in Saudi Arabi sitting in his house posting a message and hes just some stupid shlub with nothing else to do.

Exactly. This is not exactly the most unpredictable thing (Remember the "bullet magnet" thread?) It's probably just the insurgents or extremists getting overconfident. I believe alot of freedom fighters just want to associate with this Al Qaeda fabrication (imo) and they're just as brainwashed. It could be anyone releasing this, Media, Extremists, Some delusional loosers with laptops. Who knows, who cares quite frankly. It was always gonna be said since we were told of his deployment imo.

[edit on 5-3-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
I consider it newsworthy that the 3rd in line to the British throne has been sent to a warzone as a combatant. The news was reported, that was that. What exactly are you refering to as fanfare?

I applaud him for wanting to serve his country. I hope he is able to do so. IMHO the fact that he is going in with a gaggle of reporters following him (not his fault) just makes his job more difficult and it makes those around him more at risk.

Sending him in without alerting the press... without telling them about his unit ... etc would have been safer. Report that the 3rd in line for the British Thone SERVED (past tense) in Iraq .. after he was there and back.

I'm just thinking of the safety of those around him. He makes a big target and those around him are more likely to get nailed in the cross fire because of it.

Originally posted by thehumbleone
What the heck is so special about prince harry?
I don't get why they worry about him so much.

Actually, I worry about those around him. As I said, he makes a very big target ... a big prize ... and the fact that the enemy knows he's there and are taking out the extra big guns to get him puts the others in his unit at higher risk. THAT is what is so special about him. It's the risk that he carries to others in his unit.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Prince Harry is a high profile soldier fighting in Iraq. Anyone who it known worldwide by who they are or who their family are will be targets to the militias and insurgents.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sending him in without alerting the press... without telling them about his unit ... etc would have been safer. Report that the 3rd in line for the British Thone SERVED (past tense) in Iraq .. after he was there and back.

Problem with that is that the media would pick up on his absence, and would more than likely find out sooner or later anyway. Though I agree, the longer it could have been kept a secret the better.

And I applaud Harry for going off to war - I think it shows his dedication to his country and his bravery. His service will be remembered for years to come, hopefully.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Geez. Now I don't know what to believe. I mean, we've been told so many times that Al Qaeda does not have a presence in Iraq.

They are not. It's propaganda again to say that we must stay in Iraq or Al-Qaeda will take over. What a pack of ...

So, are you saying that al Qaeda is not in Iraq??

you realize that when saddam was still in power, he was very anti al qaeda, and they had little to no prescence there. Al qaeda (the CIA) are there because they were basically let in to cause trouble when Saddam was removed

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Royal Family Knows that Prince Harry isnt the Kings True Blood. Prince Harry is being set up for a Timely Death? His younger brother has been groomed to take over.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
LMAO!!!!

Al Qaeda (who don't exist, other than for useage in spin purposes) threaten to kill Prince Harry (whom is never, was never and will NEVER step foot in OR near Iraq anyway).

Wake up and smell the coffee.They're playing you like a puppets.

[edit on 6-3-2007 by Order Out Of Chaos]

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos
Prince Harry (whom is never, was never and will NEVER step foot in OR near Iraq anyway).

In fact, the British Royal Family has a long history of military service.

The princes' uncle, Prince Andrew, fought in the Falklands War and his grandfather, Prince Philip, saw service during World War II...

William and Harry's father, the Prince of Wales, took up his first service appointment in 1969 as colonel-in-chief of the Royal Regiment of Wales...

William and Harry's grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh, had a distinguished military career, serving during World War II...

Source.

Just a few examples, or are they Lies too?

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I applaud him for wanting to serve his country. I hope he is able to do so. IMHO the fact that he is going in with a gaggle of reporters following him (not his fault) just makes his job more difficult and it makes those around him more at risk.

I too applaud him for this; however, I think a little much is being made of the media reporting of the situation. I don't see the "gaggle” of reporters following him. Since the news of his deployment broke, I have heard little else about him, and that's how it should be IMO.

I also suspect, that as much as "al Qaeda" would love to get their hands on Prince Harry, they lack the resources to be able to target him specifically. At least, I sincerely hope this is the case.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
it was his choice to go, alot of his mates where going with the regiment so he went im proud out royalty still has someone not afraid to fight.
and if they capture harry the queen will have the S.A.S. up al qaeda's arse in no time.
if anything i think its good that harry is going itl show that we arent afraid of these cowards who hide in caves.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
You see peeps.......

This is what you're up against.....

Brainwashed fools,whom try to mask one argument, by introducing another.

Trust me, their lots of us can see what you and people like you are trying to do,but you've only lessened your own credibillity by your response.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

IMO, going into Iraq is not serving his country, but serving evil. Serving a pack of lies, serving imperialism, serving the fascists who are in power in his country and in the USA.

Going into Iraq is stupid at best. But I don't despise those who went there in the first lines when they didn't knew but now are waked up. But those who still believe this is a good war are brainwashed at best. And it's not just ``serving his country`` it's a part of propaganda to bring the public opinion to enlist more in the army, and to support the illegal war/genocide of Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join